Posting History for BirderWitch
|Dawn Chorus: Celebrating Birders, birding (and the birds that watch them)
Hope you all will forgive me for being a bit "rusty" at this diary business. It's been a long time and I've had a lot of time trying to think of how I wanted to approach it. Ok, I've brushed off ...
|Tuesday's Birdies, Pooties and Woozles
Happy Tuesday Everyone! Khloemi asked me to fill in for her today, with one special request, that I post plenty of birds :) I decided since we are just days away from the end of 2009 I would share ...
|Dawn Chorus: Urban Red-tailed Hawks and a Nesting Season
Thank you all for joining me this morning, and a special thank you to lineatus for giving me another opportunity to guest host Dawn Chorus. I'm on dial up this morning, so please be patient if my ...
|Happy Wednesday - Pooties, Woozles and Assorted Creatures
Happy Wednesday Everyone! Well the week is half over and if you are like me you are getting antsy for the upcoming holiday weekend - I'll also be on vacation next week so I'm feeling particulary ...
|Dawn Chorus: Chimney Swifts
Thank you for joining me this morning! This is my first time as a "Dawn Chorus" guest diarist and I hope you enjoy today's topic and bird. The images I am sharing here today are ...
|Thursday Pooties, Woozles, Etc... Spring is in the Air Edition
Happy Thursday Everyone! Happy to be your guest diarist today, TriciaWyse will be back soon! Well Mother Nature played a trick on us this week. Just as I was getting used to Spring and warm ...
|Citizen Science and the Great Backyard Bird Count: A Recap
The Great Backyard Bird Count is an annual four day event sponsored by Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. Birds across the continent (US and Canada) are counted ...
|Friday Pooties, Woozles, Birdies, etc...
Happy Friday Everyone! triciawyse has been taking a break this week - we have done our best to fill in for her. Thanks to aimzzz, FlCarat and iriti for their pooties, ...
|Monday's Pooties, Woozles, Birdies, etc...
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! After a crazy week and a half of very weird weather here in Western NY it's great to be finally be back in the city with a high speed connection and the sun ...
|The Grieving Room & The Holiday Season: The Gift of Love Never Dies.
Tonight I am writing a diary in memory of my grandfather (tomorrow will be the 10th anniversary of his death) BUT this is a night/week for all of us to join together as a community. Loss of any ...
|Finally Friday Pooties and Woozles
It's been a looong week but time to relax and share some smiles, pooties, woozles, etc... Have fun! The weekend is finally here :) tricawyse, we miss you!
|Tuesday Pooties and Woozles
I don't know about all of you, but I'm ready for some pooties, woozles and any other animals you want to share :) As always, no infighting, no comments about other news of the day... it's time to ...
|Friday Pooties and Woozles :)
I don't know about all of you but I need a Pootie and Woozle Diary today! triciawyse has not posted (I am assuming her laptop is still in the shop) so I am going to be bold and post this and ...
|The Grieving Room - In Memory and Honor of My Special Friend, The Hoondt
A special welcome to anyone who is new to The Grieving Room . We meet every Monday evening. Whether your loss is recent or many years ago, whether you have ...
Not really a diary as much as a mid week break. This is a tradition I share with a few friends via emails and we have fun with it - helps relieve the work stress, family stress, and just day-to-day ...
|The First Day of Summer
Time for a break. Time to walk away from the newspapers, the TV and the computer. Time to take a breath of fresh air, let the sun warm your face or take a walk in the rain (depending on where you ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by BirderWitch
- This story brought me to tears last night; Ralph Wilson, the only owner the Buffalo Bills had ever known and a beloved son of Detroit, has left most of the money from the sale of the Bills to the ...8 comments 15 Recs
- Let me tell you a story about a CEO, one who has so much loyalty from his workers that they went on strike to get him reinstated after he was fired. First, a little background. My first encounter ...209 comments 442 Recs
- I have had, for the past few days, tried to put blinkers on so I can focus on my school work and not all the shit going on in the world. Immigrant children coming to this country not the legal way...26 comments 35 Recs
- Are you ruddy for some football? Today is a big day in the world of sports.125 comments 53 Recs
- Note: All references to this situation have used male pronouns, including statements by the lawyer, so I shall continue the practice. Mark Krolikowski, 59, has been known by his students as Mr. K.57 comments 177 Recs
- In October I had the opportunity to spend a week in South America. My spouse and I combined travel to a work-related conference in Brasilia with a short, but fun, visit to Ecuador. Although it ...53 comments 31 Recs
- UP FROM THE EGG: The Confessions of a Nuthatch Avoider Bird watchers top my honors list. I aimed to be one, but I missed.155 comments 114 Recs
- Lucy. Action pics are hard to come by! Today I took my girl up to the "park". The park is a huge cemetery a few miles away. We drive up there. Lucy hates to ride in most any vehicle but if I tell ...204 comments 575 Recs
- Whether through their amazing abilities at camouflage, or just their simple ability to blend into the habitat they're in, birds can sometimes be maddeningly difficult to see. How many times has this ...179 comments 73 Recs
- Bird 1 - Hyacinth Macaw (ID'd by matching mole ) Bom dia! Bem-vindo à Aurora Coro de hoje. As some of you know, I spent three weeks in Brazil in ...128 comments 41 Recs
- No current results.