Below you'll find recent contributions related to Bisbonian's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Sheriff Arpaio files motion to remove judge from his contempt hearing
I'm shocked! Shocked! Joe Arpaio is attempting to "manipulate the judicial system" Oh, gawd. This is breaking this morning in Phoenix: lawyers for Maricopa County Sheriff Joe ...
|Knowing what we've known all along...
Would you lie the country into war? Order people tortured to death? Start wars while cutting taxes to the shamefully rich? Continue to trash the planet and fuck over its people? Push policies based ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/19/2015||112|
|Connect! Unite! Act! Dallas, Houston, Seattle, L.A. & Glacier Park Meet-up Info — Like Taters?
|We're Number 1! Arizona reaches another milestone of hate
Arizonans not welcome. Today the Arizona legislature did what no other state in the nation has been mean-spirited enough to do: they cut lifetime welfare benefits to one year for everyone—adults ...
|Unbelievable: Democratic congresswoman mocks Indians with clueless 'war whoop'||David Nir||05/18/2015||117|
|Its my friend Steve's fault.
He posted a picture of the Erebus, one of Lord Franklin's ill fated ships that was found last year on September 7th. Well that lead me to post the Pentangle version of "Lord Franklin" (R.I.P ...
|Driving while black, brown, or Indian
Most people have heard or read the acronym "DWB," which stands for " Driving While Black ," or in many cases "Brown," derived from DWI—Driving While Intoxicated. In ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/17/2015||218|
|Eugenie Clark - 1922-2015
I am taking the liberty of writing a diary on a female scientist whom I never met and who died in the 21st Century (in fact this very year.) This is in large part because of her 1951 book "Lady ...
|Arizona Gov. Ducey brags about firing an agency head for enforcing the law
Il Ducey One thing Arizonans have learned in the few months that Gov. Doug Ducey has been in office is that ...
|Bee survey just out: second highest annual loss recorded to date
If the recent studies which show neonicotinoid pesticide toxicity to bumblebee and other wild bees, as well as its addictiveness to bees weren't bad ...
|Standing with Tribal Nations Opposing Coal Exports in the Pacific Northwest
Otto Braided Hair speaks at a press conference against coal exports. He is a traditional leader from the Northern Cheyenne and does not represent the tribal government. "We collectively stand ...
|Mary Anne Hitt||05/15/2015||4|
|The Daily Bucket - chocolate lily season in a remnant Indian prairie
The Daily Bucket is a regular feature of the Backyard Science group. It is a place to note any observations you have made of the world around you. Rain, sun, wind...insects, birds, flowers......
|My Heart Soars Like A Hawk
Coming soon, Playing For Change Songs Around The World #4 Playing For Change ...
|Indians 101: Kootenai Political Organization
The Kootenai (also spelled Kutenai), whose homeland was in the area west of the Rocky Mountains in what is today western Montana, northern Idaho, and southeastern British Columbia, are generally ...
|Epistles from Dumbf*ckistan
I wrote a diary the other day that apparently struck a nerve. It got passed around some on Twitter and FaceBook and you wouldn't believe the swarm of haters and trolls that swept into the diary to ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/13/2015||284|
|Has the Tide Turned On Bee-Killing Pesticides? New Bans & Scientists Warn of Ecological Damage
Please also see my diary from two days ago which focuses on two highly significant and disturbing new peer reviewed studies published in the journal, Nature. The focus of this diary is the new ...
|The Daily Bucket - a wet and wild swallow tale
Gooseville, WI Male Tree Swallows Tachycineta bicolor in a territorial dispute over a prime nestbox.
|Connect! Unite! Act! Meet-Ups in Denver, NYC, Dallas & Houston — Flown in a Warbird?
|New Studies: Bees Addicted to Neonicotinoids, and New Evidence of Toxicity
Two new studies, both published by the journal Nature, are ...
|Why don't you shoot these commie-loving, long-haired hippy freaks?
45 years ago today at Portland State University a police riot broke out during a student anti-war protest. A photo essay by Tom Geil tells the story. My Story: Portland State University - May 11, ...
I know, right ... How dare that rotten SOB try to take credit for America's Victory in Europe? Whatever, here's his Victory Day speech delivered yesterday in Red Square, with subtitles.
|Ancient America: Coastal Oregon, 13,000 to 7,500 years Ago
The Oregon coast is a part of the larger Northwest Coast culture area which stretches from the Tlingit homelands in Alaska to the Tolowa homelands in northern California. The cultures along this ...
|Arise, then, women of this day!
The history of Mother’s Day gives us two founders; Anna Jarvis and Julia Ward Howe. Mrs. Ann Marie Reeves Jarvis (Anna’s mother) organized several "Mothers Day Work Clubs" in the 1850s in the ...
|US Military Paid NFL Teams to 'Honor' Soldiers at Games
Common dreams article Marine Corps, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Army service members salute during a ceremony at Giants stadium before the New York ...
Recommended by Bisbonian
- As a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico, I have been protesting the horrific level of police violence in my city for years. A lot of people refuse to believe us since the police department, city ...58 comments 320 Recs
- Hey everyone. My first diary in a long while. Something I've been mulling for years and just never seen articulated quite in this way. So here goes, and I'll try to keep it short. All this recent ...43 comments 46 Recs
- Oh, there it is. It can be easy to miss, from this deep in the well. It doesn't look much like a marble from down here. Sure, achieve enough altitude and its gorgeous curves can be descried, ...23 comments 47 Recs
- Alesia Thomas "I'm going to punt you in your pussy." These were the words of LAPD Officer Mary O'Callaghan to Alesia Thomas. Handcuffed with her legs restrained, Alesia can be seen getting punched ...112 comments 188 Recs
- Mugshots of the Baltimore Police Officers who killed Freddie Gray. A regular refrain from politicians who speak on the issue of police brutality is that bad police officers, be they ...213 comments 177 Recs
- After party leaders negotiated a deal that would allow for a vote on a trade enforcement bill, the Senate took a cloture vote to proceed with debate on the Trade Promotion Authority (TPA), or "fast-...386 comments 281 Recs
- I wrote a diary the other day that apparently struck a nerve. It got passed around some on Twitter and FaceBook and you wouldn't believe the swarm of haters and trolls that swept into the diary to ...284 comments 450 Recs
- The second before Officer Thomas Webster illegally kicks Lateef Dickerson in the face and knocks him out Everything about this video is wrong, awful, illegal, and disgusting. That's ...190 comments 276 Recs
- So I'm watching Rachel Maddow last night, and she was busy promulgating the myth of Obama and his twelve-dimensional chess political strategy; this time the myth was being spun about the TPP and ...297 comments 116 Recs
- There’s a sign on the wall. There’s always a wall. There’s always a sign on it. The walls are owned by the wealthy and the politicians take turns posting the signs. Those signs tell us who's a "250 comments 240 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.