Posting History for BlackGriffen
|Pollution Contributed to our Political Troubles?
Really neat video by vsauce . Of particular interest to me: the look at the mass lead poisoning of society due to leaded gasoline. Why is that interesting? A lot of the nutjobs causing problems in ...
|Blast from the Past: Bush I v Clinton Debate
This diary will be pretty short, and to the point, since it is an adaptation of a FB post. Watching the above video was like a slap to the face. I was 10 at the time, so you can imagine that I ...
|It's Bumper Sticker Time
I'm pissed and I need to vent. I'm sick of the corruption in politics, and all that that has entailed over the last decade+ I've had the brainpower to recognize it, and at my own inability to make ...
|Some False Web Advertising. How Best to Counter?
I was just getting ready to watch an episode of One Piece Online and the first ad that came up contained many false an inflammatory ...
|Obama's Strategy: Protect Conservadems at All Costs
Many of us have questioned Obama's strength, his ability to negotiate, his willingness to stand up for principals he espoused on the campaign trail, etc. I think that ...
|An Open Letter to President Obama
I wrote this letter about torture, wiretapping, and Obama's approach to the economic crisis because I still believe that, in some small way, writing to the Obama Whitehouse can make a difference. I ...
|From TED 2009: Barry Schwartz on Wisdom vs. Rules and Incentives
Head on over to TED to see a talk on Wisdom delivered ...
|Now that Obama's Won, it's Time to Donate
You heard the Man in his victory speech - the work has only just begun, and the work of replenishing the DNC's strength begins now, when you're feeling so happy and generous. :D I wouldn't normally ...
|McCain and Palin's Newest Ad
You cnat handle they're Mavericktude™! This elecction wont even be klose! It will be the first unanimous election since George Washington when McCain and Palin out-Maverick™ Obama bin ...
|On Judgement and Temperament, a Comparison
What follows is an email that I prepared for my family. First, a little background: I have been receiving via a member of my family the occasional anti-Obama smear. Up till now I have primarily ...
|Another Fantastic TED Talk: Clay Shirky on Institutions vs Collaboration
One of the newly posted talks to the TED website this week is ...
|My Open Letter to Senator Feinstein
Below the fold I have included a letter that I electronically submitted to Senator Feinstein just minutes ago. ...
|The Timing of the FISA Thing is Fishy
The fact that this FISA thing is coming shortly after the primary between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama ended is fishy to me. Well, that by itself does nothing to my backroom smoke detector, ...
|Hillary's New Metric: Why Obama Has to Win KY
Obama has to win Kentucky in order to win the nomination, and that's all there is to it. Forget big states, swing states, popular vote, and even delegate count. If Obama can't win KY he cannot win ...
|In Defense of Caucuses
Much has been said by a certain Presidential candidate with a poor track record in the caucus states denigrating their value because they are "undemocratic" and not reflective of how a candidate ...
|Want to Help Dems Win in November Now?
There's one thing you can do right now that will help the Dems win in November. The main event has already begun, even before tonight when John W McCain solidified his victory the initial shots had ...
|Obama's Out.... Then What?
The basis of the title of this diary is that the only way Senator Clinton wins the nomination if she doesn't win big on Tuesday is if Obama is not in the race anymore. In other words the only sane ...
|Handicapping the Race
Well, it seems pretty clear that if things keep going the way they are going Senator Clinton is going to lose the race. There is an important caveat, though, if things keep going the way they are ...
|Fixing Primary Season with a Carrot
Let's face it - the primary process has the upside that it potentially permits a candidate to come from outside of circle of famous people, perform some face to face politics, and win the nomination ...
|Jon Stokes of ArsTechnica gets NH Recount Right
Kos and DHinMI have both weighed in ...
|A Question for the Legal Scholars
There's one thing I find kind of confusing about the recent hoopla over telecom immunity and the previous Military Commissions act. That is the fact that these laws retroactively make something legal.
|In Memoriam: Ed Mayne
From the Salt Lake Tribune :He was the most high-profile labor leader in a state known for its stiff opposition to unions. He ...
|Digging in the Memory Hole - Chocolate and Secret Holds
It seems all too often some issue will flare up around here, then it will just disappear a couple of weeks later, never to be heard of again. As much as we decry the media for its minute attention ...
|Credit Union Advantage #5,672: Transparency
I have been following, with no small amount of trepidation, the bad news in the financial markets of late (bondad: The Worst Economy of ...
|Lesson From Bush: Own Your Weakness
Failures are, perhaps, the most sound source of positive lessons you could ask for. Given that, what better place to go to for lessons than that epic failure, George Bush? We are already well versed ...
|A Proposal for How to Pick Who to Primary
It seems that a large fraction of the people here is ready to move on from the minimal, "Give me a Democrat, any Dem!" We're ready for some substantive standards. The most comment tactic mentioned ...
|Action Item: You Don't Need the Courts, Impeach Gonzales Now
Looks like Alberto Gonzales has defied the subpoena for emails with Karl Rove. See, for example, the video titled Gonzales' blame game here . That's ...
|Beyond Impeachment: Disbarring Alberto Gonzales
The focus on impeachment is healthy inasmuch as it helps move forward the impeachments of those who have committed crimes in the Bush administration. Impeachment may not be the only possible course ...
|Healthcare Soundbite Potluck||BlackGriffen||09/23/2006||7||4||1||-|
|Kossack Soundbite Potluck!||BlackGriffen||09/16/2006||63||13||1||5|
|Bush Jr's Narrative: The Spoiled Rich Kid||BlackGriffen||09/12/2006||12||6||1||-|
|PT9/11 - Net Neutrality is Disney's Motive||BlackGriffen||09/10/2006||1||7||-||-|
|Wedge Issue Frameshop: Opposing Min-Wage is Anti-Family||BlackGriffen||08/02/2006||4||4||-||-|
|The Environment IS The Economy, Stupid||BlackGriffen||06/26/2006||15||13||-||-|
|Fear Rules Conservatives. What Rules Liberals?||BlackGriffen||01/30/2006||20||21||2||13|
|The Nomination of Alito Marks and End, but Also a Beginning||BlackGriffen||01/27/2006||4||5||1||-|
|Dangerous Ideas - from the Intriguing to the Repugnant||BlackGriffen||01/04/2006||3||1||-||-|
|How Does "President Nancy Pelosi" Sound?||BlackGriffen||12/17/2005||33||5||-||7|
|Turning Their Weapons Against Them: Minority Shareholder Lawsuits||BlackGriffen||09/11/2005||4||10||1||-|
|The Mainstream Media Will Never Wake Up Because it Cannot.||BlackGriffen||09/04/2005||18||6||1||9|
|Peak Oil, Energy Efficiency, and the Internet||BlackGriffen||08/18/2005||18||6||-||-|
|One Possible Iraq Pullout Plan||BlackGriffen||08/15/2005||2||-||-||-|
|Side Track: Into the West||BlackGriffen||07/09/2005||11||-||-||-|
|Cracking the Right Wing Coalition by Using their Own Wedge Against Them||BlackGriffen||06/24/2005||18||2||-||13|
|Getting Money out of Politics||BlackGriffen||06/10/2005||1||1||-||-|
|Utah Politicians Want to Out Stupid Kansas Ones||BlackGriffen||06/03/2005||10||6||-||-|
|Social Security is an Investment, Just not the One You Think||BlackGriffen||05/11/2005||10||1||-||-|
|The Party of the American Spirit||BlackGriffen||04/27/2005||2||2||-||-|
|Bush Tapes - A Distraction Tactic?||BlackGriffen||02/21/2005||16||7||-||-|
|Democracy by Proxy - an Improvement Over Representative Democracy||BlackGriffen||01/17/2005||4||3||-||26|
|The Simple Case for Reform of the Democratic Party||BlackGriffen||11/15/2004||-||-||-||-|
|Let's Steal Tort Reform||BlackGriffen||11/04/2004||5||-||-||-|
|Faithless Electors, Anyone?||BlackGriffen||11/03/2004||20||2||-||-|
|Time to Set the Agenda||BlackGriffen||11/03/2004||1||-||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by BlackGriffen
- To get access to the eruptive site at Holuhraun, one either has to be a part of the research team or a registered member of the press. That, I am not, but the good people over at The Reykjavík ...59 comments 293 Recs
- Well, it's official now: the only road to the eruption site from the researchers' shelter at Dreki is now under half a dozen meters of glowing rock. But if only that was the only new problem people ...116 comments 279 Recs
- Yesterday, we launched a one-week Daily Kos Styrktarátak Slysavarnarfélagsins Landsbjargar - the Daily Kos fundraiser for ICESAR, Icelandic Search and Rescue. I was hoping we might raise $500-1000 ...189 comments 329 Recs
- Of course, despite how it may sound, that's not a traditional Icelandic Christmas song. Don't get me wrong, we have our own versions of American Christmas songs with little Icelandic twists, like Snæ150 comments 303 Recs
- Today's edition of Eldfjallavakt is going to be a bit different. We're still going to be covering all of the latest news and analysis on the volcano, no change there. But first, an interview with " ...219 comments 297 Recs
- Yesterday, Sigmundur Davíð, head of one our conservative parties and current Prime Minister and Minister of Justice, flew over the eruption on Holuhraun. As a professional courtesy, the volcano ...129 comments 357 Recs
- Let's repost the table from the other day: 20 µg/m³ : WHO 24-hour safety limit. Beyond this point, the overall mortality rate statistically increases (it pushes people who are on the edge over) ...247 comments 432 Recs
- Picture a place that you visit regularly. Now imagine that every day you show up, it has plunged downwards 90 centimeters, about three feet. Every day for weeks on end, each plunge associated with ...231 comments 462 Recs
- Ash nazg durbatulûk Ash nazg gimbatul Ash nazg thrakatulûk Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. So it is written on the One Ring in J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy, words in the Black Speech ...310 comments 462 Recs
- Field volcanology research of active systems inherently has an element of danger to it. All due precautions are of course taken to prevent danger... nonetheless, it remains one of those sorts of ...150 comments 394 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.