Brown Thrasher's Profile
Roughly 12 in. in length. Rufous on top, dark streaks below, curved bill, yellow eyes. Calls can combine any of 2000 distinct musical phrases.
Real Name: Toxostoma rufum
Gender: The sexes have identical markings.
Location: Ranges across eastern North America.
Occupation: Territorial. Often reclusive. Forages near shrubs on the edges of woods, typically by turning over leaves or digging.
Groups: Louisiana Kossacks, Cranky Users, Readers and Book Lovers, PWB Peeps, An Ear for Music, The Amateur Left, Trolls, TexKos-Messing with Texas with Nothing but Love for Texans, Protest Music, Progressive Friends of the Library Newsletter, DKOMA, Daily Kos Gamers, Political Language and Messaging, Logic and Rhetoric at Daily Kos, New Orleans Nation
Hobbies: Enjoys hard corn kernals, black-oil sunflower seeds, & backyard water elements.
Diaries published: 44 (14 days since last diary on Tue May 19, 2015 at 11:28 PM PDT)
Comments posted: 5678 (1 day since last comment on Mon Jun 01, 2015 at 07:38 PM PDT)
Diary frequency: often
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 1529
Total Comment Ratings: 668
Most Recommended Diary: Bundle or Nothing: Big Telecoms ENDING Universal Phone Service, 306 comments, 340 recommends
People Following Brown Thrasher: 84
Brown Thrasher's Most Frequent Tags:
Brown Thrasher's Most Recent Diaries:
So much for Mitch McConnell's "robust amendment process". After the Senate debating only 2 amendments thus far (& possibly 2 more Wednesday), McConnell has already filed plans to invoke cloture to ...by Brown Thrasher
8 comments on Tue May 19, 2015 at 11:28 PM PDT with 29 Recommends
Despite Tuesday's cloture-block, the Senate will be voting on Fast Track *again* on Thursday. Apparently (according to Roll Call , The Hill , & Politico ), several Democrats are caving on their ...by Brown Thrasher
43 comments on Wed May 13, 2015 at 07:36 PM PDT with 65 Recommends
At the end of Rachel Maddow's discussion about President Obama's interview with Chris Matthews, she announced that the House was going to have its vote on Fast Track *tomorrow.* This is the first I'...by Brown Thrasher
8 comments on Tue Apr 21, 2015 at 08:33 PM PDT with 40 Recommends
Here we go again — AGAIN. Back for another round after repeated pummelings, the latest incarnation of this hideous, privacy-destroying give-away to the NSA has lurched its way out of committee, ...by Brown Thrasher
2 comments on Wed Jul 16, 2014 at 07:37 PM PDT with 10 Recommends
A new wave of CISPA look-alike bills are now making their way through the House Intelligence Committee. Besides a literal new CISPA by Mike Rogers & Dutch Ruppersberger themselves (apparently called "by Brown Thrasher
3 comments on Tue May 06, 2014 at 05:57 PM PDT with 6 Recommends
Amid all of the loudly-trumpeted political news of the day, don't feel too bad if you haven't heard about this one yet — Mike Rogers has gone out of his way to sneak CISPA onto the floor as ...by Brown Thrasher
3 comments on Wed Apr 10, 2013 at 08:00 PM PDT with 34 Recommends
Recommended by Brown Thrasher
- Stand with Bernie Presidential candidate and the Senator from Vermont Bernie Sanders fired off a letter to DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz in which he gave her some frank advice. Let the ...245 comments 208 Recs
- Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...8 comments 50 Recs
- The gloves are off, the sides have been clearly drawn. It's the president, the Republican Party and business versus the people, workers, labor and most of the Democratic Party. And a top House ...95 comments 182 Recs
- There are no words. Obama opens ...161 comments 323 Recs
- From [http://progressivepopulist.blogspot.com/2015/05/editorial-stop-tpp-in-house.html The Progressive Populist] President Obama finally got the bipartisan deal of the sort he has been pursuing for ...3 comments 6 Recs
- I guess it's a no-brainer to point out that The New York Times is basically in the tank for so-called "free trade" (I need to underscore I've always written "so-called" going back to NAFTA because ...2 comments 13 Recs
- Senator Bernie Sanders appeared on Meet the Press with Chuck Todd today. He appeared to discuss his candidacy. As expected, Chuck Todd asked Bernie Sanders about his332 comments 392 Recs
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement suffered its first defeat today, as the Senate voted to block the Fast-Track authority sections of this ill-conceived proposal, in no small part due to some ...5 comments 17 Recs
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership deal is more about Corporate Empowerment, than it is about "straightening Trade" -- between Nations. Or so all these very smart economics people, are saying ... Stop ...153 comments 196 Recs
- Bernie Sanders is "wacko", "crazy", "not to be taken seriously", and "He's a protest candidate. That's all" . At least if you listen to the mainstream news media. For some reason a large ...404 comments 360 Recs
Brown Thrasher's Tags
- No current results.
Brown Thrasher's Blogroll
- No current results.