Posting History for Bruce Brown
|She’s Pissed, She’s Fighting Back, and She’ll Win.
“Before the Deluge” from Late for the Sky —Jackson Browne, 1974 Some of them were angry at the way the Earth was abused By the men who learned how to forge Her beauty into power. And they ...
|Two Men Without a Party. Or how to waste a great President
A few days ago, a friend shared a Facebook post written by a friend of hers, someone I didn’t know. Yesterday our mutual friend introduced us, and I talked him into letting me share his message ...
|We’ve Misunderstood the First Amendment. By Sonia Bader Kaganbreyer
The First Amendment , United States Constitution Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or ...
|Global Warming: How much does a Republican charge to make himself look stupid in public?
On Wednesday, June 18, the day before the House Subcommittee on Power and Energy began its hearings on the Environmental Protection Agency’s new emission regulations, the ...
|Keystone XL Pipeline, again
HuffPost and WSJ just reported: It's ba-a-ack . From the Huffington Post: WASHINGTON -- The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee approved a bill on Wednesday that would force approval of ...
|Global warming? Yeah, but. Socialism! Invisible Hand! Deregulate!
Formerly Nazi Germany, now a bastion of Socialism, ruled by a woman who heads a coalition of political parties with suspicious names like Christian Democratic UNION ...
|Well, yeah, we could slow global warming. But it would cost too much.
El Paso Energy solar panels Fossil fuel energy is still cheaper than renewable energy because coal and oil had a huge head start in capturing the market—oil by more than a century, coal by many ...
|My least favorite Congressman just helped revive the Keystone XL pipeline.
A couple weeks ago I posted a pissed-off-at-Fred-Upton diary . Yes, the Fred Upton who chairs the House Energy and Commerce Committee. I live in his district, and I'm on his subscription list, and he'
|How House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Upton Can Make the World a Better Place: Retire
I’m usually left mildly irritated by the occasional messages that Fred Upton, my congressional representative, sends to his email subscribers. His most recent email got me thoroughly pissed. I’...
|A Pre-Emptive Strike Against Koch, ALEC, and Black Energy Proponents
This morning an email from environmentamerica.org alerted me to this issue and I immediately came to Kos to see if it’s received any attention here yet. Not much, it appears. A New York Times ...
|"It's Not About Ideology." Or is it?
Amy Walter at ABC News calls this election " an ideological battle that voters don't want ." Both sides, she says, are eager to characterize the election as a contest about the proper role of ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Bruce Brown
- Pssst....Texas.....you're losing it. Last night's show started out with Jon and The Daily Show crew hilariously reminding everyone when it is and is not alright to shoot people over cartoon drawings.47 comments 59 Recs
- Spiegel quote: It is mostly white men who shoot young African Americans in the service of the state.(Written by a Caucasian, American expat living in Germany). THE AMERICAN 200 YEAR RACE WAR!! The German magazine Der Spiegel's English language edition is the ...254 comments 127 Recs
- Republican lawmakers can't keep their feet out of their mouths. This week, Representative Paul Gosar, R-AZ called Native Americans, "wards of the Federal Government," during a round table ...68 comments 139 Recs
- The first 500+ megawatt solar plant in the US, and the largest solar plant in the world came online recently . Called the Topaz Solar Farm, it was built on the Carrizo Plain, located between San ...392 comments 406 Recs
- Alberta, Canada is basically a petro state. Oil and gas production rule everything and it's happening everywhere in the north of the province. Pipelines criss cross ...247 comments 416 Recs
- This is important enough for me to say out loud in this crowded room. I'm 50. I'm a white male. Still, I'm also liberal. I live in a predominantly black neighborhood. My wife coaches a girl's ...284 comments 254 Recs
- No matter how much I love my job, being away from Mary and the kids while I travel for work is always tough. Even on a fantastic trip like the one I took to the Arctic last month, I constantly catch ...4 comments 7 Recs
- Hard right-winger Stephen Moore took a break from pushing debunked trickle-down economic policies to take a pathetic shot at clean energy . Let the stupid begin.10 comments 18 Recs
- One can argue all you like about the danger of earthquakes posed by waste water injection by the oil and gas extraction industry. However, from both a short term and long term perspective, the ...10 comments 23 Recs
- This is just a laundry list—no development and no particular order, just issues I care about deeply. It’s a product of frustration and anger about many things I’d like to write about in detail ...11 comments 5 Recs
Bruce Brown's Tags
Bruce Brown's Blogroll
- No current results.