Below you'll find recent contributions related to Buckeye Nut Schell's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Export-Import Bank issue promises more Republican strife
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) Sen.
|States explore teaming up on Obamacare exchanges
Running health insurance exchanges, states have found, is a complicated and expensive proposition. For a handful of states, that meant opting to use the federal Obamacare exchange, which is now ...
|Obama administration throws Rick Scott a temporary Medicaid bone
The Obama administration has offered Florida Gov. Rick Scott a partial compromise in Scott'
|The Republican replacement plan for Obamacare in one graphic
That's Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) on the Senate floor Thursday, summing up the Republican plan for the millions of Americans who could lose health insurance with the Supreme Court's King v. Burwell ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
|I Just Sent Bernie 20$
One of the wonderful things about Bernie Sanders is his authenticity on issues that other politicians can't match. His campaign is inspiring regular citizens all across the country to get ...
|Bernie Sanders will make his presidential run official Tuesday
Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...
|What does defense spending have to do with endangered species? Everything, for Republicans
Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) was not impressed. The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act this week, and while much of the ...
|Jeb Bush is partly right. Somebody is definitely 'intellectually arrogant' about climate change
That arrogance does not, however, come from the scientists behind the 97 percent of peer-reviewed papers that say civilization's emissions of greenhouse gases are driving climate change. Nor from ...
|Midday open thread: Foxagandists say Obama wrong to call climate change nat'l security threat
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is On Iraq: W.W.J.H.D.? (What Would Jeb Have Done?) :
|Trade Promotion Authority vote secured on Export-Import Bank promise
Thursday morning, the ...
|NSA fight in Senate bleeds into weekend
The administration has sent dire warnings about NSA having to shut down ...
|TPP Complexity Evaluation
There is much debate within this venue about the various merits and hazards of the TPP.
|Jeb Bush touts failed Florida Medicaid experiment
Jeb Bush apparently thinks the "compassionate conservative" idea that his brother so cynically ran on will work for him, too. He's using his Medicaid experience in Florida as evidence that he ...
|Surprise! Company whose pipeline burst in Santa Barbara has extensive record of safety violations
A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...
|Senate advances Trade Promotion Authority bill
The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...
|Study: BP oil blowout at fault for Gulf of Mexico dolphin deaths. The petroleum giant says nah
Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
|Spotlight on green news & views: Fracking wastewater used on crops; Shell plans for change of 4°+
Check out the saga of the green heron hunting for lunch Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention ...
|House does something productive, but McConnell's Senate is there to potentially mess it up
The House did something productive this week. Well, semi-productive. ...
|Climate takes up half Obama's commencement address to Coast Guard cadets, with some Arctic irony
Climate change dominated President Obama's commencement address to the Coast Guard graduating class Wednesday. President ...
|12 million private Obamacare plan sign-ups. What are you going to do with that, Republicans?
Charles Gaba calls it : 12 million people have signed up for health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges. Over 9 million, according ...
|Midday open thread: Tech companies oppose TPP; bin Laden's bookshelf; Obama tweets, racism ensues
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Biker Lives Matter :
|As fast-track trade bill heads for Senate cloture vote, House outcome could be up to Nancy Pelosi
Nancy Pelosi could be key in the fight over fast-track trade legislation. Senate Majority Leader Mitch ...
|Republicans in disarray over NSA reform
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell still insists that the PATRIOT Act provision ...
|Utah police chief: We need to expand Medicaid to help fight crime
This is one of the best arguments for Medicaid expansion ...
|Hey Clinton Campaign, keep on ignoring Beltway Media
Why even bother? Well, you guys went ahead and did a press avail, and ...
|Former CBO director: We always assumed every state would get Obamacare subsidies
Former CBO Director Doug ...
|Open thread for night owls: Bernie Sanders has a plan: Tax Wall Street and make college free
John Nichols at The Nation writes Bernie Sanders Has a Plan: Tax Wall Street and Make College Free : Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders keeps bending the rules of Senate ...
|Midday open thread: Int'l flag of Earth; man admits plot against NY Muslims; O'Reilly denies abuse
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is The Great Hall of Iraq Whoppers :
|Does 30% mean 6% ??? A brief summary of the Udall RPS
Highlights: As little as 6% eligible renewables would be required to meet the 2030 target of "30%." Don’t be fooled by the “30%” headline number. This summary is for folks who want to know ...
|Skylab in context with the times
Skylab was launched 42 years ago. How should we consider its legacy? Skylab launch on May 14, 1973.
Recommended by Buckeye Nut Schell
- Chuck Todd had a very interesting segment featuring comedians Lewis Black, W. Kamau Bell, and Laura Krafft. He was trying to examine the influence and impact of comedians in the body politic. "I ...611 comments 501 Recs
- [Diarist’s Note: This is the first post in a three-part series on articles of note that have appeared online over the past 48-72 hours. The stunning similarities between these three pieces speak ...232 comments 355 Recs
- So here I am, fresh off the proverbial boat to witness Week 2 of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in Lima, Peru, aka COP20 , or the 20th session of the Conference of ...44 comments 149 Recs
- The title is ripped from the eulogy that my mom wrote for my grandma. Mom wrote it in a moment of silence. Just me and her, lying in a hide-a-bed, she with her hands behind her head, staring at the ...37 comments 125 Recs
- Frank Serpico has penned some thoughts for the New York Daily News. Very much worth a read. Check out the link and an excerpt below the fold.146 comments 278 Recs
- about the recent incidents of White cops shooting black males I had a conversation recently with a police officer I know who works in a surburban department in a community that borders a major city.290 comments 430 Recs
- There will be no charges for the cops who shot Darrien Hunt in the back six times while he fled. Posecutors in Utah have determined that two police officers were justified in the fatal shooting of ...131 comments 173 Recs
- And thank god for that. This will be brief, because I’m tired. But this is worth sharing with y’all before I let the lids droop. Y’all know ALEC, right? They’re the conservative ...273 comments 554 Recs
- This time in Phoenix, Arizona. Thirty-year-old Rumain Brisbon on his way to drop off lunch for his daughters, accosted and killed by 30-year-old unnamed white police officer. It's "open season ...499 comments 415 Recs
- In keeping with the right-wing theme that anyone who complains about the far too frequent killing of innocent and unarmed black youth by police is simply "crazy," "exaggerating," "paranoid" or the ...61 comments 64 Recs
Buckeye Nut Schell's Tags
- No current results.
Buckeye Nut Schell's Blogroll
- No current results.