Posting History for California One Care
|The ER is no way to manage health care
During a recent interview on “60 Minutes,” correspondent Scott Pelley asked Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney whether the government has a responsibility to provide care to the 50 ...
|California One Care||10/02/2012||10||15||-||58|
|Concierge care and retail clinics: two-tiered health care?
Do you feel like a doctor’s visit these days is sometimes akin to being herded like cattle? My mother related to me that her recent visit with her doctor lasted “five minutes.” She may not ...
|California One Care||08/14/2012||36||11||-||96|
|New film documents America's broken healthcare system through the ER
Whenever healthcare reform is discussed in the media, often the voices left out are the people actually affected by our broken system. The Waiting Room , an award-winning documentary by filmmaker ...
|California One Care||07/19/2012||4||12||-||69|
|Could Adverse SCOTUS Ruling on Obamacare Provide Opening for a Public Option?
As Judgment Day for the Affordable Care Act draws closer – a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court is expected in the next couple of weeks – legal observers, health experts and pundits are trying to ...
|California One Care||06/19/2012||40||20||1||162|
|Medicare for All California Bus Tour 2012 Kicks Off Tuesday, June 19!
No matter the outcome of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on the Affordable Care Act, the grassroots fight to expand Medicare to all Americans forges ahead. Starting Tuesday, the California Nurses ...
|California One Care||06/15/2012||5||22||1||50|
|Legislation Could Boost State Single-Payer Efforts
Rep. Jim McDermott, a Democrat from Washington, will soon introduce legislation that would allow states to use federal funds to create their own single payer plans. From The Los Angeles Times : ...
|California One Care||05/30/2012||9||18||-||74|
|Other nations see universal health care as necessary. Why don't we?
Our public leaders here in United States like to proclaim that we're number one at everything, despite evidence to the contrary. When it comes to health care, now developing nations are beginning to ...
|California One Care||05/14/2012||20||21||-||105|
|Images From May Day "Healthcare Is a Human Right" Rally
On May Day - also known as International Workers Day - the Campaign for a Healthy California , Occupy LA and Occupy LA Wellness held a rally in support of universal health care. The rally at ...
|California One Care||05/11/2012||4||10||-||48|
|Help us get Single Payer TV spots in key districts
On March 1, California OneCare launched its 365-day ad campaign on the Internet featuring health care professionals, ...
|California One Care||05/24/2010||5||15||-||27|
|Why we fight for Single Payer even after HCR passed in DC
Many have asked: “Since President Obama signed the bill for health insurance reform, is it still necessary to pursue single payer health care in California?” The answer is a resounding,
|California One Care||04/20/2010||47||34||1||43|
|The 1st 6 one-a-day California Single Payer TV spots (you can help too)
Once people understand Single Payer, they support it. So how do we get the word out? Our idea is to release a new 30 second TV spot every day for one year. We have enlisted popular Hollywood ...
|California One Care||03/06/2010||14||50||1||32|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by California One Care
- The Affordable Care Act will help millions but it is not enough. If OFA and other Obamacare supporters want the grassroots to help it get implemented they need to clearly indicate that it is not ...31 comments 41 Recs
- Nothing makes me more angry than listening to the Very Serious People at CNN and MSNBC claim that single-payer health insurance (i.e. Medicare for all ) is some sort of left-wing policy. It's not -- ...173 comments 341 Recs
- My healthcare activism over the years (since nyceve's activism got me involved in the movement and Pris from LA and I organized demonstrations for Single Payer in Los Angeles) has taken me places ...28 comments 28 Recs
- I sit in my in-laws' house in downtown Los Angeles and reflect on the immediacy of social media. Earlier tonight, two-thousand miles away on a bridge just west of Milwaukee, the Overpass Light ...93 comments 203 Recs
- This has got to be one of the most heartbreaking diaries I've ever written. This is an only-in-America situation, which in my opinion, has not been properly covered by the media. We've heard about ...146 comments 185 Recs
- UPDATE - The AHIP threat statement : Cost Impact of Other ACA Provisions The health care reform law includes a number of provisions that will increase the cost of health care coverage: According ...174 comments 185 Recs
- What follows is some of the more interesting stuff I've been reading over the last several hours on how the SCOTUS decision on the ACA might play out, and when we might get this historic decision. ...36 comments 35 Recs
- So 6 Blue Dogs did NOT vote for SB 810. The main reason seems that these, mostly Latino, Senators wanted to give the Affordable Care Act the spotlight leading to the November Presidential election.11 comments 19 Recs
- So it has happened. SB 810 made ...54 comments 114 Recs
- The Affordable Healthcare Act of 2009 was ( at best IMHO) a step in the right direction. The final destination? Universal and affordable healthcare as a right and NOT a privilege (...96 comments 102 Recs
California One Care's Tags
- No current results.
California One Care's Blogroll
- No current results.