Posting History for CanyonWren
|Can We All Agree That This Is Hilarious?
Florida judge tells Public Defender, " I'll beat your ass, " then takes him out back of the courtroom and throws punches… http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/brevard-judge-accused-punching-public-...
|Anti-Bullying Hero Killed in Colorado
An Oregon man walking across the country to raise awareness of bullying — his son took his own life because of bullying — died when he was hit by a truck in eastern Colorado. Joe Bell, 48, of ...
|$50+Million Wasted to Defund Obamacare...And Counting.
Conservative and Tea Party members of Congress just won't stop trying to defund, delay, and/or repeal Obamacare, even though the law passed both chambers of Congress, was signed into law by the ...
|Attention Journalists: NPR is Hiring
This will be short, but wanted to get the word out. We all know how NPR has catipulted into the hinterlands of neoconservative dogma, what with Mara Liasson and Cokie Roberts as NPR's predominant ...
|Of Course! Inmate Labor in Place of Migrants in Alabama
Alabama's HB56, a wide-sweeping anti-migrant law, has proven so economically devastating (duh) ...
|Action: Senate Votes to Indefinitely Imprison American Citizens
SB-1867 , the National Defense Authorization Act, sponsored by John McCain-(R) and Carl Levin-(D), essentially adds provisions that ...
|Salon: Rep. Eric Cantor Will Make $$$$ If US Defaults
Salon has just published a scathing report on Eric Cantor, and it won't surprise any of you. ...
|More of This Please, President Obama
Amidst the meta war going on here, I thought I'd add my two cents, for whatever they're worth. Today, President ...
|Pentagon Ratchets Up Rhetoric For Iran/Syria Wars
A series of indicators this week, not to mention words from the Joint Chief Chairman's mouth, signify a clear step forward on the part of the Bush administration toward war with Iran and Syria. ...
|Alaska Governor: Science Be Damned, Kill Wolves and Bears Anyway
(Crossposted in part on eenrblog.) In 2002, during Republican Governor Frank Murkowski's term, the Alaska Board of Fish and ...
|No Country For Old Women, Parts I and II
I was given permission to post these blog entries by Psychotronicman, who published them at the eenrblog this evening. Enjoy!
|As a Liberal, Obama Has Finally Lost My Support
Let's be clear, I'll vote for whoever the nominee is come November. Till then, I'm going to work hard for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid. I've vascillated between both candidates for quite some ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by CanyonWren
- Scientists have discovered that the ice shelves of South Antarctica, located in the Bellingshausen sea , are in rapid melt. This new study follows reports that the remnants of Larsen B should ...73 comments 167 Recs
- Who says Bernie Sanders can't win? If he keeps coming up with simple mind blowing ideas like he did on CNN the other day , he is going to win a lot of votes! Simple yes, mind blowing, only if you ...413 comments 401 Recs
- Dear Kossacks, I am in Mexico, running one of the biggest archaeological field projects of my life, so I have not been around a lot lately. With that in mind, I have to make this diary short, but ...7 comments 13 Recs
- Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...50 comments 81 Recs
- There's been some notable discontent among progressives who look to Paul Krugman for his refreshing honesty on a number of topics and his willingness to state plainly when emperors are ...288 comments 204 Recs
- As a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico, I have been protesting the horrific level of police violence in my city for years. A lot of people refuse to believe us since the police department, city ...58 comments 322 Recs
- Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...225 comments 260 Recs
- Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.40 comments 117 Recs
- Recently obtained documents from the Cleveland Police Department, displayed below, show that Tamir Rice was going to be charged with the outrageous crimes of "aggravated menacing" and "inducing ...489 comments 235 Recs
- That's the headline in The Hill. It is datelined May 19 at 6:11 pm, but I don't see any discussion of it here. Here is the gist of Markos' argument: Obama gave a very liberal State of the Union ...643 comments 112 Recs