Posting History for CanyonWren
|Can We All Agree That This Is Hilarious?
Florida judge tells Public Defender, " I'll beat your ass, " then takes him out back of the courtroom and throws punches… http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/brevard-judge-accused-punching-public-...
|Anti-Bullying Hero Killed in Colorado
An Oregon man walking across the country to raise awareness of bullying — his son took his own life because of bullying — died when he was hit by a truck in eastern Colorado. Joe Bell, 48, of ...
|$50+Million Wasted to Defund Obamacare...And Counting.
Conservative and Tea Party members of Congress just won't stop trying to defund, delay, and/or repeal Obamacare, even though the law passed both chambers of Congress, was signed into law by the ...
|Attention Journalists: NPR is Hiring
This will be short, but wanted to get the word out. We all know how NPR has catipulted into the hinterlands of neoconservative dogma, what with Mara Liasson and Cokie Roberts as NPR's predominant ...
|Of Course! Inmate Labor in Place of Migrants in Alabama
Alabama's HB56, a wide-sweeping anti-migrant law, has proven so economically devastating (duh) ...
|Action: Senate Votes to Indefinitely Imprison American Citizens
SB-1867 , the National Defense Authorization Act, sponsored by John McCain-(R) and Carl Levin-(D), essentially adds provisions that ...
|Salon: Rep. Eric Cantor Will Make $$$$ If US Defaults
Salon has just published a scathing report on Eric Cantor, and it won't surprise any of you. ...
|More of This Please, President Obama
Amidst the meta war going on here, I thought I'd add my two cents, for whatever they're worth. Today, President ...
|Pentagon Ratchets Up Rhetoric For Iran/Syria Wars
A series of indicators this week, not to mention words from the Joint Chief Chairman's mouth, signify a clear step forward on the part of the Bush administration toward war with Iran and Syria. ...
|Alaska Governor: Science Be Damned, Kill Wolves and Bears Anyway
(Crossposted in part on eenrblog.) In 2002, during Republican Governor Frank Murkowski's term, the Alaska Board of Fish and ...
|No Country For Old Women, Parts I and II
I was given permission to post these blog entries by Psychotronicman, who published them at the eenrblog this evening. Enjoy!
|As a Liberal, Obama Has Finally Lost My Support
Let's be clear, I'll vote for whoever the nominee is come November. Till then, I'm going to work hard for Hillary Clinton's presidential bid. I've vascillated between both candidates for quite some ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by CanyonWren
- If I only had a heart In a blistering editorial the Tampa Bay Times eviscerates Florida Governor Scott calling him a tin man without a heart and the Florida ...138 comments 406 Recs
- Speaking truth to the powerful California livestock industry, Amy Goodman, as usual, doesn't pull punches. Her article on Alternet exposes the meat industry's major role in causing the ...62 comments 75 Recs
- You probably don't want to hear this but California is using water left from fracking to water crops
- Salon's Bill Curry says it very well here: Bernie Sanders really matters: He doesn’t have to win to build a progressive movement Stop thinking about winners, losers and the dumb horse race. Let's ...384 comments 234 Recs
- Here's some more scary news from the Duke City, and it's for real. Not from any of its famous TV series. The county district attorney overseeing Albuquerque Police has gone on the record in the ...97 comments 427 Recs
- We had visitors in from the Midwest (Kansas City) this weekend, folks we hadn't seen in many years. This was their first trip to New York and they wanted to do touristy things, which was fine. Now ...356 comments 453 Recs
- Not often that I'm left speechless. If this is true , she is either going to become a cause celeb for all that is wrong with the Drug War or get rich at the expense of the clueless taxpayers of ...95 comments 135 Recs
- To the desperate people fleeing war and famine in Africa, the quickest way to a better life is across the Mediterranean to Italy from the chaos of Libya. This typically is done in a flimsy, ...56 comments 108 Recs
- Just typing the title makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach. This woman who swore to care for animals thought the answer to a poor stray cat wandering in her yard (probably looking for help) ...368 comments 182 Recs