Below you'll find recent contributions related to Cenk Uygur's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|On dark money and Supreme Court litmus tests
Clean campaign warrior Bernie Sanders.
|Health insurers not happy with new Medicaid managed care rules
The Obama administration released new rules last week of Medicaid managed care programs, the first rules update in over a decade. The rules apply to the private insurers who primarily manage long-...
|McConnell blocks Rand Paul amendments to NSA reform bill
We'll see how this works out for him. ...
|Republicans learn, again, that legislating is hard
A Mensa meeting it's not. ...
|Call These People, and Make Them Listen
Under the First Amendment, you have the right to petition your government to redress your grievances. Now would be a good time to do that. Today. According to public reports, the 18 Democratic ...
|Texas business community at war with legislature over Medicaid expansion
There's an outside chance at real political change in Texas soon, not at the hands of the growing Latino population there. It could come from a much more powerful, and deep-pocketed source: ...
|Move over Republican clowns, Lindsey Graham is getting in the car
Can you feel the Lindseymentum? It's official, Sen. ...
|Patriot Act provisions expire as Rand Paul fundraises, rewrites history||Joan McCarter||06/01/2015||87|
|McConnell caves on NSA, Patriot Act provisions expire
In a rare Sunday session, the Senate voted 77-17 to begin debate on the USA Freedom Act, the House-passed reform bill ending the NSA's dragnet surveillance program, a major capitulation by Senate ...
|Where dark money and the Christian right collide||Joan McCarter||05/30/2015||47|
|Federal appeals court strikes down Idaho's 20-week abortion ban||Joan McCarter||05/29/2015||23|
|Republicans still no closer to saving their own asses on Obamacare
Have fun with this, guys. We've just got one more ...
|Republican judge ponders impeachment as another Obamacare lawsuit rears its ugly head
Boehner gets his day in court, and a ...
|Sunday Senate showdown over Patriot Act might kill it forever||Joan McCarter||05/29/2015||59|
|Actuaries weigh in on Republican Obamacare 'fix' ideas, and they're even worse than you thought
This is what happens when you let this guy do the thinking for you. Engage in a bit of pretend for a moment. Pretend we're three or four weeks in the future and pretend that the Supreme Court ...
|FCC wants to expand internet fight with Republicans with broadband subsidies for the poor
They have the power. The ...
|The political peril of Supreme Court Obamacare case
Chief Justice John Roberts has a lot to think about these days. It's been clear for months that if the Supreme Court were to ...
|Mitch McConnell's Patriot Act strategy leaves colleagues scratching their heads
The wheels fell of Mitch McConnell's claims of a new, ...
|Insurance company overhead costs explode under Obamacare
Getting tens of millions of people newly insured is an expensive proposition, and one that is costing $273.6 billion in additional insurance overhead , according to a ...
|Jeb Bush gets all the Pinocchios for ISIS statements
Jeb Bush has tried valiantly to shake off his disastrous Iraq statements, including a lame ...
|Administration puts pressure on Senate to save some form of NSA collection program
The White House is increasing pressure on the Senate ...
|Immigration activists vow Republicans will rue anti-immigration court ruling||Joan McCarter||05/27/2015||35|
|Florida Senate offers Medicaid compromise, Rick Scott and the Kochs reject it
Florida's Senate President Andy Gardner ...
|After a massive NSA spanking, McConnell tries to regroup
The Senate did something remarkable in the early hours of ...
|This report blows the cover of secretive conservative shop pushing right-wing legislation
An Atlanta, Georgia television station has made national news with its fantastic ...
|Kochs planning to take the wheel in the Republican clown car
David Koch will keep the rabble out.
|Yes, Republicans are still flailing on that Obamacare replacement plan
Sorry, Sen. Johnson. The House just doesn't care about your political prospects. Things are getting just slightly urgent for Republicans faced with the possibility that the Supreme Court will ...
|Congress's intent on Obamacare is clear, but will the Supreme Court care?
|McConnell's NSA ploy fails, Senate blocks Patriot Act extension
The Senate provided a scene of remarkable drama in the ...
|When is a campaign not a campaign? When it's Jeb Bush's!||Joan McCarter||05/22/2015||26|
Recommended by Cenk Uygur
- UPDATE: We're at 22,000 signers. Can you help us hit 30,000 today?115 comments 264 Recs
- This diary isn't addressed to anyone in particular - there have been relatively thoughtful diaries expressing concerns about this or that in her record, and I'm sure the most cogent of those ...1478 comments 521 Recs
- A post in support of giving Cenk Uygur a shot at hosting ABC's "This Week"34 comments 11 Recs
- “If you’re not angry you’re not paying attention” I’m paying attention... and I am angry. Any real progressive following healthcare should be. Yesterday, the ...708 comments 723 Recs
- Hours before the wavering House Democrats decide whether to vote for health care reform with a public health insurance option, the Progressive Change Campaign Committee is releasing new poll results ...271 comments 802 Recs
- 261 comments 889 Recs
- It's absolutely ridiculous when we worked so hard to elect Obama, got a 60 seat majority in the Senate, and a 79 seat majority in the House so that a lone ...560 comments 514 Recs
- In stark contrast to Paul Wellstone, Third Way touts itself as a think tank representing "the moderate wing of the progressive movement." ...74 comments 205 Recs
- Fun news. Yesterday in Minnesota, Norm Coleman thought he was being greeted by supporters outside a local Republican event. But instead, Coleman came face-to-face with the fact that his insistence ...111 comments 267 Recs
- A battle has been waged on Facebook for MSNBC's 10 spot, who will be crowned the winner?113 comments 14 Recs
Cenk Uygur's Tags
- No current results.