Posting History for Chachy
|When Red States Turn Blue: An Anticipatory History of the Next Twenty Years
Hey, so you know how everyon'e always going on about how demographic change will eventually deliver this or that red state to the Democrats? Because minorities keep growing as a share of the ...
|Just Another Texas Redistricting Diary: H-Town and Big D Edition
So I was trying to come up with what a court-drawn Texas map would look like. No, not like the San Antonio court drew - that map largely followed the lines the GOP drew, especially in Houston and ...
|Projecting Texas: The coming Democratic plurality
The other day I wrote a comment in which I tried to project future voting trends in Texas. This diary is a lot like that comment! But with more words. And a few images.
|Is Part of the United States in the Third World?
I think a lot of us have the sense that the United States has been slipping a bit compared to other industrialized countries. And it's not because we aren't wealthy - it's because many of our public ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Chachy
- How gerrymandering cost Democrats the House in 2012: Part 1: An interactive look at alternative mapsInteractive map of the 2012 congressional districts, click to ...67 comments 72 Recs
- (click to enlarge) The Public Religion Research Institute launched a new interactive feature last week called ...72 comments 48 Recs
- So it's been a while since I've done one of these, and this is a pretty quick-and-dirty take -- but I thought it would be fun to see what I could draw if New Mexico were to absorb the heavily Latino ...16 comments 8 Recs
- /Blue Ridge Mountains near Mount Mitchell, NC/ Appalachia is a ...166 comments 167 Recs
- Everyone as Daily Kos Elections knows that I've utilized Dave's App a good number of times to butcher my great state into a a bunch of beautiful Elgin BBQ sausages and barbacoa-lite fajita strips. ...37 comments 21 Recs
- Texas' real-life redistricting, as we all know, has left something to be desired. Communities are divided, the VRA is mostly disregarded, and competitiveness is unheard of. I've tried to remedy ...22 comments 7 Recs
- Did Gerrymandering Cost Dems the House? A 34-State Look at Alternative Nonpartisan Maps Suggests Yes*Update 1* - I have added Connecticut and changed the maps for Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, and the national maps. *Update 2* - I have improved the Illinois map with significant ...161 comments 139 Recs
- --- This is Part 2 of a series of diaries that illustrate how the US could be divided into 100 equally populated states. Part 1, can be found here .--- This part covers much of the South-- Louisiana,22 comments 12 Recs
- Daily Kos Elections does a lot of good by compiling information about the politics of different places all over the country. But there's a real danger if we focus too much on all of those ...26 comments 25 Recs
- Note to readers - this is just a DK Elections "Fantasy Redistricting" Diary. This is just a hypothetical theoretical exercise, for (possibly a perverse sort of) "fun." That is all. This also ...23 comments 14 Recs
- No current results.