Posting History for Charles Chamberlain
|Without Net Neutrality, there wouldn't have been the Dean Campaign
In early 2003, a former governor of Vermont threw his hat in the ring as a long-shot contender for the Democratic presidential nomination. With limited name recognition and without funds to run a ...
|It Gets Worse
The collective craziness coming from the Republican Presidential Candidates shouldn’t be surprising at this point, but practically every day I’m stunned by something they say or do. Most of the ...
|Draft Russ Feingold
I just hit send on an email to over one million members and I wanted to make sure that everyone here on DailyKos saw it too. -- Earlier today, Democratic Sen. Herb Kohl announced he was retiring ...
|History in Wisconsin
Today, Democrats will make history in Wisconsin. WI Democrats -- supported by over 2,600 DFA volunteers on the ground -- will submit over 150% of the signatures ...
|Primary an Anti-Gay Dem
We talk a lot about more and better Democrats here and we're usually talking about Congressional races when we do. But I'm here today to talk about a Better Democrat running locally in New Jersey. ...
|Who are the Best and Brightest on Daily Kos?
I'm excited for June -- not just because we're still getting snow here in Burlington and I'm ready for summer -- but because I'm really looking forward to Netroots Nation. As most of you know, ...
Bernie Sanders is right. This tax deal is "reprehensible." The tax holiday from Social Security is especially bad and is a Republican idea intended to defund Social Security. Make no mistake, they ...
|We're so close to winning... Don't. Stop. Now.
Have you heard the news? The White House has released a proposal to step up the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't ...
To shake up the U.S. Senate we need to give vulnerable Republicans the boot. Republicans Richard Burr in North Carolina who votes like a zombie for anything Republican leadership tells him ...
|LANDSLIDE! 30 Senators and counting
While Democrats in Washington spent last week giving Republicans one last chance to get on board healthcare reform, over one million American voices called on Congress to finish the job. Now, 5 ...
|The Public Option may live again! (Updated with names of signers)
***UPDATES AFTER THE JUMP*** Here's Representative Jared Polis in the Huffington Post article today titled: House Progressives Push Reid To Put Public Option Back On ...
|Governor Dean speaks for me
“If you’re not angry you’re not paying attention” I’m paying attention... and I am angry. Any real progressive following healthcare should be. Yesterday, the ...
|Max Baucus vs. Montana (UPDATED X3)
As most of you already know, according to a Research 2000 poll commissioned by Kos, more Montanans want the choice of a public option than don't. Here's what Kos ...
There's been a lot of talk today about the Trigger. First it's Mike Lux over at OpenLeft hearing that the White House is pushing progressive groups behind closed ...
|5 more to 50
Today I sent a message to the DFA Community about where we stand in our fight for the choice of a public health insurance option. In it, I said this: We've proved that a bill ...
|Flipping Insurance Industry Democrats
Slinkerwink has a great post up today discussing the pros and cons of the Senate's ...
|Senate Dems could blow this
Yesterday, Senator Schumer proposed a "middle ground" on healthcare reform. The New York Times reports the core points of his "compromise": • The public plan must be self-...
|Howard Dean is BACK!
You may have heard by now that Gov. Howard Dean is coming back to Democracy for America. Today we made the official announcement. Here’s some of what the good Doctor sent to ...
|Thank You Howard Dean! (Sign the DFA Card)
Hey Everyone, Well, we did it. Sure, we didn't do all of it. There are a few painful losses around the country, but we still did it. We elected Barack in a landslide. There was a time ...
|Hit McCain where it hurts - Run the Ad!!
|Breaking: House Democrats about to cave on FISA
On Monday, the AP reported House Democrats were about to cave on FISA. Reyes: Deal Soon on Eavesdropping ...
|Don't Let the Superdelegates Decide: Action Alert||Charles Chamberlain||02/14/2008||20||35||-||7|
|Don't Let Senators Clinton or Obama off the hook
|(Updated) Ready to lead? Senators Clinton and Obama: Prove it.||Charles Chamberlain||01/26/2008||105||288||8||22|
|Mad As Hell
Are you mad as hell at the Bush Republicans? You'd think that Republicans would've gotten the clue. President Bush is at record low approval ratings. Yet the Bush Republicans still ...
|1576 Calls! Reid buckling on FISA?
Hey Kossacks, This is potentially great news. Since 1pm today, DFA members have been calling Senator Reid to demand he honor Senator Dodd's hold on the Intel FISA bill or bring a bill to the floor ...
|31 days left! Unite for a Progressive President
Hey Kossacks, 31 Days. That's right. We only have ...
|Kossacks, you owe me $15... 2399 Calls Later!
Hey Kossacks, The past two days have been unbelievable. Yesterday, DFA members asked for action to hold Sen. Feinstein accountable if she did not vote for a bill WITHOUT telecom immunity ...
|NEW GOAL! Can we hit 2300 calls before 10am? Feinstein: Three Strikes You're Out
NEW GOAL : So it is 8:30am on the east coast and this post is still on the rec list. That's awesome because it means we can keep the pressure on all the way up to the vote. The vote ...
|Gore: What We Want to Know
On February 21, 2003, Governor Dean famously asked “what I want to know” on behalf of disaffected Democrats who ...
|Cenk nails it. Take action!
Earlier today Cenk Uygur from The Young Turks on Air America posted a stinging rebuke of spineless ...
|UPDATE 3: Urgent Action: Saving SCHIP
Hey Kossacks, Yesterday, DFA launched a campaign to stop the changes to SCHIP. We had tremendous success calling Governors and demanding that they stand up to George Bush and oppose his changes to ...
|(2nd Update) Karl Rove Under Oath
1st UPDATE: 4,000 more signatures just since ...
|Political Theater or Curtain Call?
From an article in today's LATimes: President Bush, asked about the Senate's push for a no-confidence vote against his embattled attorney general, accused critics of engaging in "
|"We must reject war as an instrument of policy"
Hey Kossack!! Democracy for America is at it again. Rep. Dennis Kucinich has stepped up to the plate with a double hitter by responding to the DFA Primary Petitions ...
|"I think a President should... ask Americans to be patriotic about something other than war"
Thousands of DFA members (many upon many of whom are Kossacks too) signed the DFA Primary Petition demanding action on global ...
|Will Kossacks decide who tastes grassroots victory?
Hey Kossacks Democracy for America is powered by the grassroots. Over half a million DFA members on the ground in all 50 states drive campaigns up and down the ballot, in and out of the Democratic ...
|Help Choose DFA's first 2007 endorsement
Hey Kossacks, Democracy for America has launched our 2007 Grassroots All-Star Campaign today. DFA's Grassroots ...
|Democracy for America Goes Green!
Hey Kossacks, Check ...
|Gov. Richardson answers DFA's Iraq Petition
Hey Kossacks, Now Governor Richardson takes his case on the Iraq War directly to Democracy for America members after receiving DFA's ...
|Senator Obama answers DFA members on Iraq
Hey Kossacks, Senator Obama is the second Pres. candidate to take thier case on the Iraq War directly to Democracy for America members. Here's a chance for you to hear what he has to say. -...
|DFA's Presidential Pulse Poll||Charles Chamberlain||03/20/2007||29||28||1||16|
|Senator Edwards responds to DFA members
Senator John Edwards wants you to know where he stands on Iraq. Last month, Democracy for America members petitioned the ...
|Don’t Stop Until Every Soldier Is Home
All month, Democracy for America (DFA) members have kept the pressure on both the President and Congress to not only stop the escalation of the Iraq War, but end the occupation and bring our brave ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Charles Chamberlain
- Last year, I had the opportunity to attend Netroots Nation in San Jose, which was made possible through the Democracy for America Netroots Nation Scholarship program . This year, Netroots Nation ...6 comments 10 Recs
- It was ten years ago we launched Democracy for America to build off of the momentum you started with my presidential campaign, and we're still going strong today! As the Daily Kos community has been ...85 comments 225 Recs
- The curse of poverty has no justification in our age. It is socially as cruel and blind as the practice of cannibalism at the dawn of civilization... The time has come for us to civilize ourselves ...3 comments 16 Recs
- Says it at the tail-end of the first minute here: http://billlumaye.blogspot.com/2012/10/tagg-romney-drops-by-bill-show.html?spref=fb I'll have more soon, but I wanted to get this up quick -- make ...502 comments 430 Recs
- [Originally posted at Booman Tribune ] Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania's 8th congressional district had about the most inauspicious beginning to his term that can possibly be imagined. He ...9 comments 22 Recs
- We all love Stephan Colbert, and his Super Pac " Citzens for a better tomorrow, tomorrow ", for a while it was king in ripping on the Teahadists and general wingnuttery. BUT.... now Mr. Colbert has ...50 comments 284 Recs
- “I believe keeping our promises should be our highest priority and that means saving Social Security and Medicare.”– Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) The Budget for the 1%, introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan,6 comments 29 Recs
- ProgressiveCongress.org just sent the following press release out and we wanted to share it here. We know we haven't blogged here much- we've been busy behind the scenes but now it's time for us ...5 comments 8 Recs
- Anger. Outrage. Disappointment. Frustration. Disbelief. Sadness. Grief. Incensed. When the news broke a few days ago about Susan G. Komen's decision to stop funding breast cancer screenings through ...6 comments 26 Recs
- On Wednesday, the [http://www.bit.ly/PCNSignUp Progressive Congress News] Twitter feeds and daily email feed to Congress will go silent in solidarity with the [http://boingboing.net/2012/01/16/...10 comments 16 Recs
Charles Chamberlain's Tags
- No current results.
Charles Chamberlain's Blogroll
- No current results.