Below you'll find recent contributions related to Chris Chasteen's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Apparently, 136 Bullets Were NOT Enough.
OOPS : Someone put an autoplay video embed in the comments. If you hear audio you can go here and stop the video from playing. -----
|Scott Walker and the GOP Turning First Amendment Rights Upside Down
Does simply investigating whether a political crime occurred violate the First Amendment rights of the suspect? Presidential hopeful Scott Walker's allies say yes. What will the courts say?
|Scott Walker Fired as Chair of His Own Job Creation Agency
The Joint Finance Committee of the Republican-controlled Wisconsin Legislature has agreed to a set of changes to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), including a provision to fire ...
|Giles Goat Boy||05/22/2015||8|
|You Know it's Bad When GOP Reps Vote Scott Walker Out as Head of Flagship Agency (Big Update)
Questions about WEDC are dogging Scott Walker Oh, yeah, the normally Scott Walker-subservient Republican Legislators who infest majorities in the Wisconsin State Legislature have told us all we ...
|Walker Fired from WEDC!
this came up while scanning the Journal Sentinel http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/joint-finance-to-deal-today-with-troubled-wedc-cuts-to-seniorcare-b99504512z1-304551231.html Walker ...
|Wisconsin Legislature really is insane
Reading this list from the Wisconsin DHS https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p4/p44578.pdf just makes me angrier the more I look at it. It's inconsistent (you can buy fresh sweet potatoes/...
|Scott 'Shifty' Walker explains what a real flip-flopper is and he isn't one
"Sometimes, my own stances just slip ...
|WI-Sen: Sherrod Brown (D. OH) Helps Russ Feingold (D) Get Ready To Defeat Ron Johnson (R)
Received this e-mail from one of my favorite U.S. ...
|Confessions of Scott Walkers Pale Blue Shirt: Volume 2, More Confessions
Pale blue shirt here. I'm back. Hello, there. I'm Scott Walkers pale blue campaigning shirt. You've met me before . I'm the shirt that'...
|WI-Sen: Ron Johnson (R), 'I May Trust Ayatollah Over Obama On Details Of Iran Deal'
More words of insanity from one of the most vulnerable Tea Part U.S. Senators: http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/senate-homeland-security-chairman-ayatollah-could-be-more-tr?utm_term=.
|Homeless in Brunswick?
This front page headline from yesterday's Brunswick News is now not indexed on the electronic version. Perhaps the paper has some shame?
|Walker loses a round in court
Haven't seen this in a diary yet, so here's a short one on a bit of news. (Where are you, puddytat??) All of us in Wisconsin who lose sleep thinking that Scott Walker may spend and slime his way ...
|birds along the fox
|Smoking gun for Walker's WEDC? A Timeline.
Excellent reporting this weekend from the Wisconsin State Journal digging into one particularly jaw-dropping $500k loan made by Scott Walker's Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) . The ...
|sad trestle trail
|Scott Walker heads to Washington to pander to the 'religious' far right
Look, I'll hate whatever you tell me to. While Wisconsin Governor and likely Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker is a favorite among business leaders looking for favors and wealthy ...
|Little Frankie Guinta is no George Washington
Even though Congressman Frank Guinta comes from the Granite State, home to Mt. Washington, integrity is not his strong suit. Indeed, Guinta lied about the $350,000 in 2010; Guinta lied about the ...
|UPDATE- Unintimidated Scott Walker pulls 180 on strategy at corrupt jobs agency he created
Another Friday, and another drastic and intriguing difference of direction from our fair Governor regarding the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). One week after an audit from the ...
|Jake formerly of the LP||05/16/2015||11|
|I'm Doing a Happy Dance Today at Russ Feingold's Announcement
Good news is hard to come by in Wisconsin these days so when there is some, I want to share the happiness. What can be more fabulous than Russ Feingold announcing he's going to take his Senate seat ...
|WI-Sen: PCCC Wastes No Time Helping Russ Feingold (D) Get Ready To Defeat Ron Johnson (R)
Received this e-mail today from the Progressive Change Campaign Committee in support of former U.S. Senator Russ Feingold's (D. WI) comeback bid against Tea Party U.S. Senator Ron Johnson (...
|Governor Scott Walker, Wisconsin Unions and the Plans Ahead
America’s National Labor Relations law as amended governs private sector unions, but not public sector unions. Public sector unions organize and operate under state enabling legislation. Some ...
|Nothing is 100% this or that
I got a petition from Color of Change today re: Tony Robinson's shooting. I couldn't sign it which surprised me. I tried to explain to them thusly: I listened to all of Ismane's statements today. ...
|Spot In My Eye (Indigo Kalliope: Poems From the Left)
Spot in my eye, rolling in black water, fumbling for an object in a dark house. What I've seen past the spot might be better. Worrisome blind blur allows no ease. Pry-bar touches ribs, dig your ...
|Breaking: No Charges in the Police Execution of Tony Robinson
This about sums it up. #TonyRobinson 's mother leaves crying, distraught. "They murdered my son." Family, friends comfort her, urge calm. — Dan Simmons (@MadDanWSJ) May 12, ...
|Wisconsin budget woes can't be helping Scott Walker's 2016 hopes
Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) ...
|WI-06: Grothman and Walker wanted to let doctors lie to women to keep them from having abortions
Based on the numerous chronicles from our Wisconsinite friends, it's no secret that Scott Walker is a sleaze. But even I wasn't prepared to find out that while still serving in the state assembly, ...
|Christian Dem in NC||05/11/2015||10|
|Wis State Supreme Court is So Bad that The New Yorker has Noticed
Says it all It takes a lot for non-national, local news to make it to The New Yorker , but this sad story has . ...
Recommended by Chris Chasteen
- "It felt almost as good as stealing cars from grandma." — Rep. Darrell Issa, probably On Monday, ...87 comments 167 Recs
- [bumped - Barbara Morrill] I've got to say, I ...323 comments 187 Recs
- Hi, folks. As I wrote about last week , I am coordinating the ...21 comments 36 Recs
- St. Paul is easily the best-kept secret in Minnesota. Yes it is the capitol. Yes is has a bunch of state offices. But generally speaking, even most Minnesotans rarely go there so it has become ...13 comments 11 Recs
- The trolling on this site is getting out of hand has been out of hand since DK4 was launched in February. Time and time again, we've seen trolls come, stay for weeks at times, rack up ...735 comments 382 Recs
- You know Netroots Nation . It's in Minneapolis. From June 16th to the 19th. That's 13 days from now. So you better register quickly. And book your hotel ...55 comments 27 Recs
- 9,000+ Miles away, and I am riveted by a typical Minnesotan talking about the Gay Marriage Ban that is being voted on the the State House shortly. An Australian co-worker of mine told me last week ...13 comments 17 Recs
- UPDATE: I am tempering the tone of this title of this diary after realizing that the MDP hasn't completely removed all posts from their Facebook page. They've only changed the ...162 comments 309 Recs
- LOL Awesome news for a ...183 comments 516 Recs
- (Author's Note: Original content appeared on author's blog at www.bangthebuckets.com) Well, the news is several hours old now, so perhaps this is late in coming, but the Republican-...15 comments 21 Recs
Chris Chasteen's Tags
- No current results.