Posting History for ChrisRodda
|So, Who Should We Listen To -- Shirley Dobson or Norman Schwarzkopf?
Well, another one of Shirley Dobson's big National Day of Prayer shindigs has come and gone, with all the same regulation-violating military participation as last year and the year before that and ...
|Air Force Promotes Ministry that Forces Poor to be Evangelized to Receive Medical Care
According to the mission statement page on the T.I.M.E. for Christ Medical Ministries website: “Our medical caravan is just the beginning. Our real purpose is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ ...
|No, U.S. Air Force Band, That Song You’re Singing is NOT "Greensleeves"
For the second year in a row, the U.S. Air Force band has surprised a crowd of Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum visitors with a “holiday flash mob,” wowing an unsuspecting audience with ...
|Wanted: ROTC Military Science Professor (No Non-Christians Need Apply)
"There's Army ROTC. Then There's Wheaton Army ROTC." That's the slogan used by Wheaton College, a well-known Christian college in Illinois, to promote its Army ROTC program. It turns out that the ...
|US Air Force: God Has Already Decided Which DoD Contractors Will Get Contracts
Well, it seems that when it comes to who will be awarded defense contracts, the Air Force has a message for potential bidders -- God has already decided who will "prosper" and be given "hope and a ...
|Mikey Weinstein Makes Students at Patrick Henry College Think -- School Deletes Video (UPDATED)
On Friday, September 26, Mikey Weinstein, founder and president of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), appeared at a very unlikely venue -- Patrick Henry College (PHC). For those ...
|Hobby Lobby Proudly Displays "Jefferson" Quote (that's actually from Madison and contradicts SCOTUS)
No, Hobby Lobby, that quote on your website is NOT from Thomas Jefferson! And, furthermore, the document it comes from -- which was written by James Madison -- is a list of some of the best ...
|National Day of Prayer 2014 Postmortem — U.S. Military Endorses Calling Obama "Abortion President"
Last Thursday, despite being in violation of a plethora of its own regulations, the Department of Defense allowed a whole bunch of uniformed military personnel to participate in Shirley Dobson's ...
|No, Megyn Kelly, Mikey Weinstein is NOT an Atheist
As a former attorney, Fox News's Megyn Kelly should know full well what defamation is, and she should know full well that what she repeatedly said on last Thursday's episode of her show The Kelly ...
|Pentagon to Join in "One Voice United in Prayer" -On Separate Days in Separate Locations by Religion
Next Thursday, May 1, is the National Day of Prayer -- that abhorrently unconstitutional congressionally mandated day each year when our government tells us all that we should pray. Now, the ...
|Two Years Ago Today, the 'Least Credible History Book in Print' was Published
This post is an updated version of a post I wrote on this same date last year, which, not surprisingly, was titled " One Year Ago Today, the 'Least Credible History Book in Print' was Published ." (...
|Liberty Institute's Kelly Shackelford Spreads Fear and Misinformation at Air Force Academy Symposium
On February 27 and 28, the Air Force Academy held its annual National Character & Leadership Symposium , an event described as "one of the nation's premier symposia in the field of character and ...
|History According to Mike Huckabee: How a Book of Political Satire Saved Christmas
I initially started writing this post with the intent of posting it on Christmas, but since we lost the war on Christmas once again this year, I had to do all that stupid Christmas stuff like buying ...
|Rep. Fleming: NDAA Religious Freedom Language Not a "Touchdown" -- New Talking Points Needed
Back in June, when the House passed its first version of the FY14 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), the anti-gay crowd was doing a victory dance over the fact that the House version of the ...
|Air Force Base Lights Menorah -- Too Little, Too Late
Last Thursday night, Travis Air Force Base in California held its annual Christmas tree lighting. In a lame attempt to avoid complaints of not being religiously inclusive, a small menorah was ...
|An $88,000 Piano for an Army Chapel? What Military Cutbacks?
Apparently, military cutbacks don't apply to church music. Sebastian Sprenger at Inside Defense reports that the Department of Defense has just spent $88,000 for a Steinway piano for a chapel at ...
|MRFF Demands the Immediate Dismissal of "Ex-Gay" Counselor from Air Force Academy
As reported by the Colorado Springs Independent , the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) today sent a letter to Acting Secretary of the Air Force Eric Fanning demanding that Dr. Mike ...
|Emails to MRFF from Two Very Different Kinds of Christians
As the Senior Research Director for the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), I read a lot of emails that come into the foundation -- emails from supporters, from people asking for our help, ...
|Open Letter to the Air Force Academy: The Lies Used by Jay Sekulow to Defend an Oath Against Lying
Last month, to issues regarding cadets at the Air Force Academy being forced to say "so help me God" when taking oaths came up. The first, which got little media attention, was that cadets were ...
|To Swear or Not to Swear: The Founders' Original Intent for Military Oaths
Six years ago, when I first started working as a researcher for the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), I assumed that the work I'd been doing debunking lies about American history and my ...
|Anti-Gay Military "Religious Freedom" Poster Boy Really Could Be Court-Martialed for This
On September 6, 2013, the Family Research Council (FRC) launched a petition to "Protect Sergeant Phillip Monk from Air Force Court Martial." Incredibly, just over a month later, on October 12, the ...
|Pentagon Leaders Met with Collaborator of Preacher who Proposed "Military Takeover" of Government
A few weeks ago, Tim Wildmon, president of the American Family Association (AFA), sent out an email blast that began: AFA meets with Air Force - my report to you September 19, 2013 Dear Friend, ...
|Pentagon Assures Anti-Religious-Freedom Coalition That Rumor THEY Started Isn't True!
This is one for the 'you just can't make this crap up' file. There is a recently-formed coalition of anti-gay Christian organizations calling itself the " Restore Military Religious Freedom ...
|Debunking David Barton's Jefferson Lies (because they still need to be debunked)
Over the last couple of weeks, I've seen a number of articles about pseudo-historian David Barton's "comeback." My first thought upon seeing these articles was "what comeback?" You have to go away ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by ChrisRodda
- [Mikey Weinstein]: This guest Op-Ed from my dear friend, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) Advisory Board member, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell’s Chief of Staff Lawrence ...6 comments 44 Recs
- Official photo for Maj. Gen. Craig S. Olson (U.S. Air Force photo by Melanie Rodgers Cox/Released) That terrible warning to the USA, often attributed to the first American writer to ever win the ...146 comments 366 Recs
- A major war is being viciously waged against the United States of America, a war that’s global in scope and poses a terrifying threat to our national security interests. The ruthless attacks, ...34 comments 106 Recs
- At first glance, one can be forgiven for thinking that a floral arrangement for a gay wedding doesn’t carry much significance for the essential national security of the United States of America. ...2 comments 9 Recs
- "That the impious presumption of legislators and rulers, civil as well as ecclesiastical, who, being themselves but fallible and uninspired men have assumed dominion over the faith of others, ...566 comments 521 Recs
- Click image for full Daily Kos book review The U.S. Senate has courageously just stood up to the Christian-supremacist bullies in the House of Representatives. Oh yes, ...107 comments 469 Recs
- I’ve never thought of myself as much of a performer, but this week I responded to an invitation to take part in a circus. While the clowns did their routine in formal business attire and the "big ...3 comments 15 Recs
- 'Little Jewish Radical' Responds to Pat Robertson: Religious Freedom & Feigned Valor in the MilitaryAsinine anti-Semitic comments aside – the man ...137 comments 334 Recs
- TV con-man and God-botherer Pat Robertson is displeased with Mikey Weinstein of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, who he said is “terrorizing” the military by requiring the Air Force to ...264 comments 411 Recs
- **Background: On July 21, 2014, I received a phone call from a female U.S. military fighter pilot. She happens to be gay. She is not “out”, despite the fact that the odious “don’t ask don’...90 comments 100 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.