At this writing, 7 American states have passed laws that forbid their legislatures from considering Sharia law (and the courts are quickly deciding that these laws violate some aspects of the First Amendment). But this does not keep some of the same states for attempting to write parts of the Bible into law, because The United States is, according to them (never mind the Constitution), a Christian nation. This group will serve as a repository for diaries which document attempts by religious "co...
For LGBT Kossacks and allies who don't take nicely to second-class citizenship. We are the radical homosexual activists that Pat Robertson warned you about.
|ClassWarfare Newsletter: WallStreet VS Working Class Global Occupy movement
(THE WORKING CLASS OCCUPY MOVEMENT HAS MOVED BEYOND JUST WALL STREET)! Our group was Co founded by METEOR BLADES and DEMOCRATS RAMSHIELD. Meet our blog editors which are some of your favorate writers: teacherken,slinkerwink,X,Laurence Lewis,boatsie,LaFeminista,Eclectablog, MinistryOfTruth,xxdr zombiexx,Barbara Morrill,JekyllnHyde,Jake McIntyre, Eclectablog,Ojibwa,icebergslim,BruinKid,CityLightsLover,Mentatmark to name but a few. As members of the MOST PROLIFIC AND LARGEST GROUP AT THE DAILY KOS...
|Daily Kos Weight Loss
Are you interested in losing weight, or maintaining your weight loss? So are we! Come weigh in on our topics and diaries. We're here to help.
|Erase the Hate
We are a group of Kossacks who oppose prejudice and discrimination of all kinds.
|History for Kossacks
Once the name of a regularly-appearing series on DK3, History for Kossacks is now a DK4 group blog dedicated to the discussion and diarying of all things historical. Topics range from the impact of a'a' lava on ancient Hawaii to Zoroastrianism in Persia; time frame is from Australopithecus to Zulu hours today - so come on in to this dusty cave full of moldering tomes, have a seat in an overstuffed chair, and let's talk history!
|Houston Area Kossacks
This group is for Kossacks living in the Houston metro area. It will be used to post and repost Houston-related diaries, organize meet-ups, and just keep in touch in general. Join us as we work toward electing more and better Democrats in Houston and in Texas!
|Kitchen Table Kibitzing
Kitchen Table Kibitzing is a community series for those who wish to share part of their evening around a virtual kitchen table with kossacks who are caring and supportive of one another.
|Kossacks for Marriage Equality
Now that we have a few court cases making their way through the system, especially since a W appointee in Connecticut declared DOMA unconstitutional July 31, 2012, it's time to track what's happening in all of them. This group can't become obsolete soon enough!
|LGBT Kos Community
This is the group for the Daily Kos LGBT Community.
|LGBT Rights are Human Rights
This group will focus on the issue of LGBT rights and the efforts to limit them by homophobes throughout the world. Initially, it will concentrate on Russian homophobia and the Winter Olympics in Sochi, but as time passes we will zero in on cases of legalized homophobia around the world (including instances in the United States as well). The keywords of this group will be LGBT Rights, free speech and homophobia.
|Milk Men And Women
The intersection of Gay and Politics for LGBT Kossacks and their Allies, Supporters and Others.
|Readers and Book Lovers
Where readers, writers, bibliophiles, and lovers of all things literary find their favorite series and one-of-a-kind diaries, including "Bookflurries," "Write On!," and "What are you reading?" Plus newer series like "Books So Bad They're Good," "Books in My Life," (formerly "Books That Changed My Life"), "Monday Murder Mystery," "Contemporary Fiction Views," "LGBT Literature," and "Books Go Boom!" We hope you'll visit Readers & Book Lovers for the same reasons you get together with a friend -- ...
|Remembering LGBT History
Much of history is hidden, especially for groups outside the mainstream of dominant culture. This group is devoted to the recovery of LGBT history, and it welcomes anyone interested in the subject.
|TexKos-Messing with Texas with Nothing but Love for Texans
Messing with Republicans in the Petri Dish of Bad Government. Grab a Shiner. Help yourself to the TexMex buffet, or the brisket. Now let's figure out how to fix this freakin' mess that is Texas. Open to Texans and friends.
The Top Comments diary series publishes daily, and was begun on June 14, 2006. We aim to publish pointers to the best comments from the previous 24 hours, and also note which comments receive the most recs from users in that period. Please send your pointers to our "TopComments" gmail address (no space) before 9:30pm eastern time daily.
|Turning Texas: Election Digest
Turning Texas is an electoral clearinghouse for Democratic candidates in the Lone Star State.
|What's for Dinner
A Saturday evening get-together where friends share recipes, talk about good food and help others answer culinary questions.
|Youth Kos 2.0
Youth Kos 2.0 is the hub of the young progressive voice on Daily Kos. The progressive movement will not meet its goals if we do not provide a platform for the next generation of progressive thinkers and leaders to offer their thoughts to the national conversation.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by Chrislove
- I missed this during the workweek and now find myself with a little more hope we’ll transcend the darkness of hate and fear to step foot in the lightness of love and acceptance... another small ...31 comments 30 Recs
- As everyone knows, the arguments about marriage equality were given before the Supreme Court this week. I haven't read any of the live blogs, and only a little of the coverage. And I know there ...50 comments 39 Recs
- Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...231 comments 329 Recs
- Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide and criminal charges will be pursuedOn Friday morning, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced that the death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide and that criminal charges will be pursued.662 comments 341 Recs
- A daily series, Connect! Unite! Act! seeks to create face-to-face networks in each congressional district. Groups ...135 comments 58 Recs
- But First, A Word From Our ...56 comments 41 Recs
- More excellent coverage from the Baltimore SUN, sticking a thumb in the eye of the F--- Rep----c website and its vicious rumors. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-gray-settlement-...52 comments 92 Recs
- "Don't walk away, just listen to me. Talk to me." A protester in West Baltimore confronted Geraldo Rivera last night before he went to his live shot for Fox News. He went OFF on Geraldo, asking ...256 comments 482 Recs
- Story by Pamela Hess, UPI Pentagon Correspondent [not The Onion ] Rumsfeld: Looting is transition to freedom [F]reedom's untidy. And free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do ...101 comments 277 Recs