My very first online (1980's, pre-Internet) handle was Freedom Fighter. As an underinformed young adult, I was enthralled by the Reagan myth. My new handle is a statement of opposition to the earlier one.
Comments posted: 273 (300 days since last comment on Fri Aug 01, 2014 at 01:33 PM PDT)
Diary frequency: never
Comment frequency: frequent
Total Recommends: 0
Total Comment Ratings: 538
People Following Contra: 0
Contra's Most Recent Diaries:
|This user has not yet authored any diaries.|
Recommended by Contra
- While watching the Ed Show's segment on "The Austerity Trap" from 30.01.2013, there was a brief mention of how the US could be on its way to imitating the problems in the Greek economy. While most ...81 comments 124 Recs
- A quick hit. My views on the fiscal cliff negotiation are a matter of record. I think it was bad bargaining. Check my diaries if you want to know why. But what's done is done. Personally, I have ...332 comments 294 Recs
- The United States is a republic, not a democracy. We elect lawmakers to represent us. The main reason why a republic works better than a democracy is that legislation is usually too complicated for ...17 comments 17 Recs
- I hunt. Much of the meat that my family eats during the year comes from local wild game and I derive great satisfaction from the experience of hunting and the ability to feed my family locally ...466 comments 1083 Recs
- I have had a really rough time of things lately. After straightening out my life over the past year and a half, I lost my job last week, and I also lost my lodging. The former is through no fault of ...108 comments 349 Recs
- Brilliant! Why hasn't anyone thought of this sooner? If you are in debt, from medical issues or what have you, most companies sell that debt to a debt collection company that hounds you to pay it ...497 comments 968 Recs
- Dear Abigael, I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with all the ugliness and fear from the media this year. It's very wrong that people who absolutely know better have tried to scare you on purpose.47 comments 166 Recs
- When you can't see the forest for the trees it becomes easier to get lost. President Obama's swing state scramble has sent a number of political analysts off barking up the wrong tree, failing to ...15 comments 22 Recs
- In an interview with The Huffington Post , former GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman calls fellow Mormon Mitt Romney out for his silence on Richard "God's Gift or Rape" Mourdock and his secrecy ...177 comments 305 Recs
- A lot of you know that I had kind of a close election last time. I won by 312 votes. And when you win by 312 votes, you know that there are a lot of people out there who worked hard, who made more ...85 comments 422 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.