Posting History for Crafty Screenwriting
|The Voting Rights Act of 2009
In eight days, we are probably going to win, God willing, the White House, and strong majorities in the House and Senate. We shouldn't let the first hundred days without passing a federal law ...
|An Appreciation of the Hedgehog; or Why McCain's Tanking
Why is McCain tanking so spectacularly? Aside from, you know, Americans actually disagreeing with what he stands for. I'm a professional screenwriter. One thing I feel has been missing in the ...
|Joint Obama-McCain Statement on Russia-Georgia War?
We need one, that is. Russia is currently invading Georgia, a US ally. They've gone beyond the territory of South Ossetia, and they're now headed into Georgia proper. Still-President Bush has sent ...
|Gas Mileage is a National Security Issue
Lotta talk today about Obama slamming McCain for being in the pocket of the oil industry and keeping gas prices up. What I don't hear enough of is that our dependence on oil is a national security ...
|Minnesotans: How about a GOP Convention Protest at the I35W Bridge?
Politico headlines "GOP hopes to skirt Minn. bridge issue," talking about the I-35W bridge, of course, which collapsed into the ...
|"Hillary Can't Win Because of Sexism"
We had dinner with my parents, who are devout believers in Hillary. It's a matter of faith, like abortion rights. All their logic proceeds from the axiom that Hillary should be the candidate, after ...
|McCain Got a Free College Education *Before* Serving
Obama voted for the Webb-Hagel-Lautenberg-Warner GI Bill which revises the GI Bill to increase college aid to GI's who have served at ...
|Let's Help Saudi Arabia Build Nuclear Reactors!
Remember how President Bush begged the Saudis to pump more oil, and they said, wellll, maybe 300,000 barrels more? Were you wondering what we offered in return? According ...
|On Talking to the Enemy
Barack Obama has taken a lot of flak for suggesting that he'll talk to our enemies, such as Iran. Let's look at our experiences talking, and not talking, to our enemies. North Korea, Clinton ...
|Hillary Says She's "Working Class"? Oh really?
I was wondering how long it was going to take for Hillary to screw up Bitter-Gate. I figured it would take a couple of days... and here we go.
|Don't Go Into That Br'er Patch, Iran!
The Bush Administration has been scaremongering about the prospect that if we walk out of Iraq, Iran will walk in. But from a foreign policy standpoint, wouldn't we benefit from handing the Iraqi ...
|Win the House in 2008 by winning the state assemblies in 2006||Crafty Screenwriting||05/06/2006||7||1||-||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Crafty Screenwriting
- There were a pleathera of diaries criticizing Israel for the military action against Hamas... You asked Israel to: 1. Unliaterally declare a cease fire (because Israel is stronger than Hamas) -400 comments 15 Recs
- THANKS FOR REC'ing -- DIGG STORY HERE ! Cross-posted ...603 comments 917 Recs
- This will be an emotional diary. It will take me some time to write, because I am crying as I write it. There will be no links or supporting data. No breaking news. I am hurting now, and I just ...663 comments 1366 Recs
- Griff Jenkins, a Fox Television correspondent, was waiting with a microphone for a crowd of demonstrators on a Denver street today, hoping to catch signs of a breakup of the herd of cats known as ...911 comments 548 Recs
- Shortly after John McCain came back from Vietname in 1973, he wrote a detailed 12,000 word report of his experiences that was published ...343 comments 406 Recs
- On the 3 hour hatefest for Insanitized minions, Sean Hannity and Karl Rove have made it clear that they intend to go to the Democratic Convention and harass delegates. They do not intend to go ...285 comments 433 Recs
- You pay all these taxes but you don't want anything in return for it. You don't want free health care. You don't want time off of work. You don't want anything . You're not selfish enough.389 comments 575 Recs
- Originally I wondered why there was no form W-2G. You probably are wondering, "What the heck is IRS Form W-2G, and who cares if McCain ever filed one or not?" Those are fair questions. IRS ...478 comments 673 Recs
- Yes, the FISA bill stinks. No, we shouldn't protect corporations. I agree. Yes, it's not a "compromise" at all -- I agree, it's a capitulation to the White House and the Right Wing. Of course it is.910 comments 753 Recs
- Considering for a moment the Golden Rule, I would like to respectfully suggest that we clean up our linguistic act. Why? You say you ...211 comments 33 Recs
Crafty Screenwriting's Tags
- No current results.
Crafty Screenwriting's Blogroll
- No current results.