Posting History for CupaJoe
|Delaying Keystone for two years might be enough to stop it
The renewed push for approval of the Keystone pipeline suggests its backers believe it is "now or never," and they're probably right. The economics of Canada's tar sands operations are already ...
|Can we agree - a moratorium on the Hillary diaries for 4 months?
There's so much to do in the four months between now and the November election. We need to defend Democratic seats in the Senate, and we need to displace some Republicans in the house. We need to ...
|The stock markets are dry tinder, and Republicans are playing with fire
The world’s major stock markets are showing signs of exhaustion, indicating that it’s time for some type of correction. A shock to the markets from U.S. debt default could mean the difference ...
|Repubs are handing control to Dems, if Dems will only take it (updated)
At some point soon, the sane faction of the Republican House will have to flee from the right flank. Democrats can turn that into a budget and policy win.
|Attacking Syria's military is strategically and ethically unsound. There's a better way.
Directing an attack upon Syrian military installations is not the best way to achieve the stated U.S. objectives. However, if military action is inevitable, then an approach targeting Syria's ...
|President Obama, climate change denier? (Ok, that's an exaggeration, but...)
This is the first diary I’ve written in a very long time. To ease myself back into these waters, I’ll begin with an imperfect allegory and some childish pictures, below the fold.
|Occupy differently -- It's time to diversify
After the recent nationwide string of evictions, maybe it's time for Occupiers to change tactics. Instead of being visible by virtue of being chased out of downtown parks by police, perhaps they ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by CupaJoe
- There's too much heat in the oceans. Way too much heat. Hot water has surged across the equator in the Pacific and a deep pool of very hot water is building off of Mexico's west coast. Tropical ...169 comments 378 Recs
- Oh, seriously. Democrats are whining about, heaven forbid, a bit of pressure from unions to actually vote correctly on fast track and the Trans Pacific Partnership. Grow up--and if you can't cast a ...154 comments 266 Recs
- [ Diarist's Note: Gaius Publius has provided written authorization to the diarist to republish their work in its entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community. On a related topic, and of ...205 comments 100 Recs
- The fact that the U.S. Congress is contemplating fast tracking a fraudulent trade deal that President Obama has colluded with corrupt corporations and lobbyists to get passed with no public debate ...7 comments 7 Recs
- Scientists have discovered that the ice shelves of South Antarctica, located in the Bellingshausen sea , are in rapid melt. This new study follows reports that the remnants of Larsen B should ...76 comments 170 Recs
- In researching a book I'm writing I've been collecting prognostications about climate change. These have been gathered over time from numerous sources. But they are projections and hence a ...49 comments 45 Recs
- The gloves have to come off when it comes to individual members of Congress who vote for "fast track" and the Trans Pacific Partnership. I'm talking seriously funded primaries in 2016. I'm going to ...209 comments 217 Recs
- Wow! President Obama is finally taking the gloves off and focusing like a laser on publicly demolishing his opponents in so far as he is able to without literally throwing tomatoes at them. Great ...621 comments 359 Recs
- It is very disappointing to hear Markos and other Hillary liberals of the political class already dissing Bernie Sanders. What is the point? Are they not among those of us who believe that any ...911 comments 309 Recs
- NC's Governor Pat McCrory (right) and junior U.S. Senator Thom Tillis (left) (See the Update at the end of this article for links to fast-breaking developments in the McCrory Affair) Exclusive to ...187 comments 486 Recs
- No current results.