Below you'll find recent contributions related to DFWmom's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Boehner and pals: 'Obamacare will destroy the economy,' except it didn't
The law Republicans said would ...
|Six debates is fair, but the DNC isn't off the hook||kos||05/06/2015||113|
|On "identity politics" and income inequality
While I've been hesitant to join in some of the more heated conversations about these topics of late, I have read with interest a few diaries and comment threads related to them. Forgive me for ...
|It’s time to seriously rethink ‘zero tolerance’ policing
The first two steps toward uplifting young black men are simple: Stop killing them and stop locking them in prison for nonviolent offenses. That is the first sentence of this powerful Washington ...
|GA: Trashy is as trashy does.
It's all around!!!
|Boehner: 'Ask any employer' about Obamacare, so hey, ask me!
Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!
|Race, Class and Neglect
is the title of this column by Paul Krugman in today's New York Times . It starts with the notion that we still have a problem with race, as exemplified by what happened with Freddie Gray and the ...
|A brief but powerful video from Jeremy Scahill
I thank MsSpentyouth for the Facebook post that made me aware of it. As far as i could tell it had not yet been shared here. Watch and then respond in the comments. Follow this link to the ...
|Another update on Felicity
Our now three-legged cat came home just before Noon yesterday. We have her in a downstairs room. After several times when she hid behind bookcases where we could not reach her, I emptied the ...
|"Freddie Gray Never Had a Chance"
is the title of this short piece by Eugene Robinson in the Post Partisan section of the Washington Post . Robinson reminds us that the entire incident reeks of racial bias. Gray was on a street ...
| Must-read from Ta-Nehisi Coates on Baltimore
When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, ...
|Some context to recent events in Baltimore
If you want some context to the recent events in Baltimore, read the piece linked below. Let me note as one who has taught just outside Baltimore for the past two years (first in Glen Burnie and ...
|an update on Felicity
Yesterday, in this posting , I explained about our youngest (at 12 years 7 months) rescued cat, her cancer, and her forthcoming leg amputation because of a tumor that encircled the leg. She had to ...
|Sometimes what matters can change in an instant
and all your previously decided priorities get tossed out. Earlier this month my wife discovered a growth on the right rear leg of one of our three remaining rescued cats, Felicity, the shyest. She ...
|KosAbility: May Update
May 3 - Besame will be discussing her experience with at least one app used to track chronic illnesses Also, May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID includes CFS/
|Bernie Sanders will run on the issues, not the nonsense
[UPDATE] Thanks @HillaryClinton . Looking forward to debating the big issues: income inequality, climate change & getting big money out of politics. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) April 30, ...
|ILWU announces it will shut down bay area ports to protest police brutality
SOLIDARITY! International Longshore and Warehouse Union Local 10 in the Bay Area will use its monthly stop-work meeting on Friday to idle the ports of Oakland and San Francisco to protest recent ...
|I will no longer write about the TPP
I really wanted to write about it because I saw that there were a lot of people that didn't understand some of the finer points of free trade agreements and they wanted to understand those before ...
|Let's learn about TPP. Part Three: The beginning and the basics
Please note : the purpose of this diary series is not an argument for or against the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). There have been a great number of diaries written on this topic, and my only ...
|Bernie Sanders To Announce Presidential Run (as a Dem)
Senator Bernie Sanders is running for President. From Vermont Public Radio : VPR News has learned from several sources that independent U.S. Sen. Bernie ...
|How Apple single-handedly lays waste to conservative ideology||kos||04/28/2015||364|
|A sports-team executive who gets it right
is John Angelos, COO of the Baltimore Orioles, outside whose stadium a protest about the killing of Freddie Gray got out of hand. The words came about as part of a twitter exchange after a comment ...
|‘Lynch Mob’: Misuse of Language
is the title of this powerful New York Times column by Charles M. Blow . He is reacting in particular to the inflammatory statement by the head of the Baltimore Police Union to the demonstrations ...
|Gwyneth Paltrow fails food stamp challenge
Last week one of the stories making the rounds was how Gwyneth Paltrow was highlighting food insufficiency in America by taking the food stamp challenge. She tried to live for a week on $29 worth of ...
|The Media's "Clinton Rules"
Pierce with a tour de force : It appears that the "exclusive" ratfking arrangement entered into by The New York Times and Washington Post has brought us all back to the Mena Airport again, and that ...
|KosAbility: Schedule Update- April & May
April 26 Modifications to Home and Work Settings - studentofearth May 3 - Collaborative open thread, Besame and others May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID ...
Recommended by DFWmom
- cross-posted at annoyedomnivore.wordpress.com The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement has once again reared its ugly head as it appears to be ready for passage. President ...4 comments 9 Recs
- So, I've been a bit busy the last few days and had little computer access. I've been browsing DK from my phone; mostly just the front page and not very often. Yesterday I saw the diary titled " Whoa.404 comments 218 Recs
- On January 31, 1961, civil rights demonstrators from Friendship College converged on McCrory's diner in Rock Hill, South Carolina. The protest was a turning point: These young men, along with ...8 comments 21 Recs
- Kevin Pack, a former German teacher at Northridge High School, has filed suit against the Middlebury (Indiana) School District alleging he was fired because he identifies as an atheist. Pack was ...196 comments 230 Recs
- This past summer, I was being a good twenty-something and flossing my teeth with one of those tiny flosser-thingies with the handle on them when the floss caught itself in a little gap between one ...51 comments 101 Recs
- 8-year-old Dakota Nafzinger reportedly hit someone with his cane on the school bus. North Kansas City School District Spokeswoman Michelle Cronk ...146 comments 76 Recs
- In Oakland an Undercover CHP Officer pulled his gun on Protestors, he claims it was because his partner was attacked, they say something completely different. INVESTIGATION: Undercover cop pulls ...268 comments 344 Recs
- As places like Illinois try to make it illegal to tape record police officers doing their "work", video ...145 comments 297 Recs
- Last night, in Sanford, NC, Police appeared at a man's door, apparently warrant in hand. Within minutes, an African American lay dead. As is usual in NC, news of any shootings is limited in scope.28 comments 18 Recs
- Wall Street lobbyists have snuck into the budget package an amendment that would repeal the part of Dodd-Frank that reins in the financial weapon of mass destruction called Credit Default Swaps. Per ...99 comments 181 Recs
- No current results.