Posting History for DaDA Bum
|City Blurb: The Documentary Film, Urbanized
The documentary film, Urbanized , presents a diverse range of views about "The city" as a phenomenon in modern life, in representing a number of positive qualities of a few world cities. The film ...
|(Literally) Underground Homelessness in KC, and Being Indigenous in the Modern World
This morning, I found a photo slide show of a homeless suburb in Kansas City, literally underground. It's not accompanied with any broader report, at that page - just photos - but I think it's a ...
|In Respects to the Romeny Campaign
I'm not Buying It. Here's an Old Skool tune, by Living Colour After the break: Negative space. Salud!
|Proposing an Analysis of Corporate Effects on the Social Environment
I've begun to consider that - in analyzing the affects of the contemporary corporate model and discussing the model overall, perhaps to develop a sort of macrosystematic point of view about business,
|A Tribute to the Namesake
In the spirit of lifelong liberal arts education: An excerpt from Dadaism , by Tristan Tzara Philosophy is the question: from which side shall we look at life, God, the idea or other phenomena. ...
|Democracy is a team effort
Pardon me for seeming obtuse. What, with my workday, I don't have a lot of time to devote about political rhetoric. I just thought it would be worth noting: Democracy is a a team effort. So here's ...
|Dear Democratic Party - Whither the Party Identity?
Dear Democratic Party, Back in 2006, then Congressman Obama had appeared on the Charlie Rose show. In that interview, Congressman Obama expressed that he wasn't committed to pursuing a presidential ...
|On the Pursuit of Peace in Afghanistan - News from PRI
I just happened to catch this story on Flipboard , while I was waiting at the tire shop, this afternoon. I may find it personally difficult to comment about the news - "considering" - but in it ...
|On a Trend in Business - Growth in the Entertainment Industry, and Community Role of Music
In sidebar: I expect that the reader might wonder, at first, how this may pertain to the political discourse at DailyKos. I present it under the general topic, Economy, and in the interest of ...
|Looking to be Locally Involved - Advice?
Though I'm aware that, as a member of the US Military, I should be *very* conscientious with regards to how I would pursue any manner of political involvement - especially in the touchy climate of ...
|On the Clever Art of Story Telling
In a recent comment by fellow Kossac, kovie , there is the suggestion that the GOP has begun to take up a new angle of rhetoric, ...
|Musical Interlude - Music and Culture
In all of my recent following along about the worrisome lunacy of the GOP's materialistic agenda, perhaps I have not been able to lend due indication of my own personal support of concepts of ...
|Riffing - Rep West's Precedent of the Lunatic Times
I read, this morning, about ...
|"And Jane, His Wife" - Continuing onto Concepts of Cultural Identity
I happened to catch a recommended diary entry, here at DailyKos, today - by Mark Sumner, an article titled, Meet ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by DaDA Bum
- I'm not sure the world needs yet another right-wing Super PAC, but the premise behind this latest one is to be as far-right as possible. You know, a place that props up nutcases that the rest of ...14 comments 27 Recs
- Since it's the 10th anniversary of the Iraq invasion I suppose now is a good time to talk about my experience around that time. While I still identify myself as a "bomber guy" I spent 13 years ...30 comments 76 Recs
- Click to embiggen Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List !36 comments 53 Recs
- Artist's conception of Mars fly-by vehicle courtesy of Mars Inspiration and Dennis Tito. I have linked this image to the full press conference posted on YouTube. -- DS This video is but a portion ...107 comments 26 Recs
- Crossposted from Hillbilly Report. While the rash of school and public shootings did little to drive the will of legislators it appears as if the Sandy Hook tragedy just might. For far too long too ...2 comments 5 Recs
- Daryl Cagle via politicalcartoons.com William Galston is a noted scholar (formerly the Saul Stern Professor and Dean at the School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland) and experienced ...84 comments 44 Recs
- Obama's evolution could have a wider impact than expected As a local volunteer official with the Democratic Party, I sometimes have the privilege of speaking about the Party, its platform and its ...58 comments 64 Recs
- (Bryan Snyder/Reuters) First Mitt Romney tried to get the Obama campaign to stop talking about Romney's error in judgment on entering Pakistan to get ...122 comments 116 Recs
- When Mitt Romney says something, you can be sure he stands by it. Whatever it was . Regardless of whether or not he even remembers it . But as with ...126 comments 61 Recs
- (Bain Capital/Boston Globe) The reason why Mitt Romney and his defenders in the press do not want to talk about Bain Capital's brand of "business" is because it strikes at the very heart of Mitt ...100 comments 110 Recs
DaDA Bum's Blogroll
- No current results.