Posting History for Darth Stateworker
|How the rich are taxed less than you, example #5173.
Hidden in the New York state budget for this year, are two gems that benefit only the wealthy: A provision to limit sales tax on yacht sales to only the first $230,000 in value of the yacht. A ...
|Dear Conservatives: A word about at-will employment and right-to-work.
Dear conservatives: If you want your state to be a state that has at-will employment laws, and right-to-work laws, but want to bitch about a bigoted fire chief being fired because, in your opinion, ...
|It's time to bring back pensions, America.
America is facing a retirement crisis. This is something (most) everyone can agree on. But why? Why is America facing a retirement crisis when in the 80's, everyone was promised that the magical ...
|de Blasio has the PBA by the short-n-curlys.
That is, if he wants to. This is all thanks to their idiotic work slowdown . It seems Pat Lynch isn't as bright as he thinks he is. Follow me below the ...
|The fallacy of the no-skill job.
We hear it all the time: Some nose-in-the-air jackwagon that thinks minimum wage jobs are menial jobs, and thus have little to no respect for anyone doing any job they deem beneath them - and ...
|Video: Cuomo bodyman Percoco stands between Teachout and Cuomo
At this mornings Labor Day parade, Zephyr Teachout tried to get to the governor to shake his hand. What occurs is hilarity, as Cuomo enforcer/thug Joe Percoco awkwardly moves repeatedly to keep ...
|Screw Rahm: At what point do we act like Tea Partiers?
In a blistering report yesterday by David Sirota, it was revealed that Rahm Emanuel is directing billions in property taxes to a slush fund to take care of his corporate buddies - all while closing ...
|Andrew Cuomo and the amazing extra hour of lunch for the World Cup.
Is he a soccer nut? A patriotic American? Or just plain old cynical Third Way Democrat with a problem on his left looking for ways to appear "labor friendly?" My fellow Kossacks, you be the judge.
|Updated: NY WFP, on the brink of doing the right thing, apparently folds to Cuomo
The Daily News is reporting that a deal is close between the Working Families Party and Governor Andrew Cuomo to provide him with the parties endorsement. This is the most frustrating thing about ...
|Updated X2: NY WFP appears set to snub Cuomo, Cuomo attempts to retaliate
According to a New York Times report this morning, the New York State Working Families Party does indeed seem to be leaning towards backing a liberal challenger to New York State Governor Andrew ...
|Paul Ryan for... Hillary Clinton?
Yes, you read that right. In an older video someone just linked me to and I had never seen before (and seems rather obscure due to the low amount of views it has on YouTube), Paul Ryan made the ...
|New York Republican shoves, threatens NY1 reporter on camera
Republicans. We all know them as great Care Bears who would never harm a fly. /sarcasm New York Republican Representative Michael Grimm tonight, deciding that shoving and then threatening a ...
|Orr freezes Detroit pensions, then stays action
To begin, let me start off by saying that this is the first diary I've written for the DK community, so please bear with me and absolutely provide any constructive criticism you see fit so - I'm ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Darth Stateworker
- I was born in 1979. It's a year that many economists have now found to be a turning point. From the end of the Great Depression until the year I was born, American productivity and prosperity ...27 comments 34 Recs
- The House of Representatives recently voted to eliminate the estate tax . Because of the recent vote, the topic may come up in conversations with people you know. This is an easy case to “win” ...104 comments 134 Recs
- I'm a good liberal and I don't mind paying my taxes. Taxes are a way of all of us putting our money together to serve the public good in ways that the private sector can't or won't do. I just ...355 comments 543 Recs
- The Gravity Payments team just got a dream raise. Dan Price, the founder of Gravity Systems—a credit card processing company based in Washington—209 comments 373 Recs
- Latest DC suicide holds “Tax the 1%” sign as he shoots self/Lapdog media hush reveals complicity/These men didn't die in vain. When 64 yr old Vietnam Vet John Constantino burned himself to ...151 comments 247 Recs
- It's time to put another false equivalency to bed. Whenever I complain about the influence of the vast sums of money donated to various candidates by the Koch Brothers, inevitably someone chimes in ...122 comments 244 Recs
- On March 30, 2011, an international human rights observer witnessed and reported an unusually cruel and violent confrontation between a NY police officer and an Occupy Wall Street protester. While ...770 comments 283 Recs
- Everett G. Andersen When my parents were in their teens, the United States was in the throes of the Great Depression, and then World War II. The vision they had of their future was just to survive. ...118 comments 100 Recs
- Tennessee Republican state Sen. Bo Watson Tennessee Republican state Sen. Bo Watson really does not like unions. ...78 comments 70 Recs
Darth Stateworker's Tags
- No current results.
Darth Stateworker's Blogroll
- No current results.