So one of the stories burning up the CNN.com tonight is about a barista who donated a kidney to a regular customer. Turns out the customer had Polycystic Kidney Disease, but her "angel" came to save her. Does anyone see the irony here?
I am not the best of writers, and I don't have the patience to do all the research needed to thoroughly educate and raise the awareness of all the Kossacks across the nation, but I want to try to start a conversation that goes a tad beyond the Democratic nomination. I need help though. This is where you come in.
I want people to think about the bigger picture of the forces who are trying to influence the 2008 election (Presidential AND Congressional). I see two disturbing trends.
John Edwards dropped out of the race for the White House. The candidate, with the most compassionate policies for America, for working Americans, and for the least among us, has ended his campaign. I really feel like he is the only one willing to tell the truth about how the government has abandoned the promise, how Americans are not taking care of each other, and how our hyper-capitalism allows MILLIONS of people to slip through the cracks. Economic Justice is no different from any other right, freedom, or liberty. Here is that Sen. Edwards said that really got to me:
Warning: My first Diary ever! Please don't be cruel..in fact, be kind. And as for advice, just forget about it...the wise don't need it and fools won't heed it. I usually alternate between wise and foolish, with little time spent in between.
My first Diary is not so much an attack on Sen. Obama as it is an observation on how many of my friends relate to his campaign. This started as a comment, but I realized that I should start making diaries out of all my several paragraph long comments. So here we go:
I keep on hearing people talk about what "appeals" to them. Does anyone else see this as a problem? Follow below for my thoughts (and a great poll!).
Recommended by Daxton16
- Cross-posted at ACA Signups Yesterday I posted an analysis of the current enrollment trends and gave a range of possible final QHP tallies through the end of March, ranging from 5 to 7 million ...11 comments 38 Recs
- As a Valentine's Day present for all Virginians, Attorney General Mark Herring announced that the Eastern District of Virginia had declared that Virginia's ban on gay marriage has been declared ...50 comments 114 Recs
- I just read a story about this guy who lost his job because he's gay. He was accused of creating a distraction at the workplace and making his heterosexual male coworkers uncomfortable so they fired ...471 comments 244 Recs
- According to a new Research 2000 poll, Blanche Lincoln is in deep, deep political trouble unless she votes in favor of the public health insurance option. The numbers are pretty shocking.239 comments 673 Recs
- Yep, the Republican Party seems to have bit the dust.72 comments 56 Recs
- I'm a progressive Democrat here in Southeast Michigan. However, I've never been particularly pro-union. That doesn't mean I'm *anti* union, just that I'm fairly neutral on the issue. Now, normally ...749 comments 1306 Recs
- According to Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D) (PA-11), in mid-September of 2008, the United States of America came just three hours away from the collapse of the entire economy. In a span of 2 hours, $550 ...1173 comments 1158 Recs
- When I first moved up to the Kansas City Metro I had not heard of the name Fred Phelps and his Westboro Baptist Church. I lived in a small time warp not hearing much news. At that time I heard his ...194 comments 218 Recs
- I was going through my iPod today...seeing if there were songs I wanted to remove or if there were songs that I wanted to add back into the rotation...In doing so I ran across a long forgotten gem......19 comments 5 Recs
- Obama's current stimulus package is destined to fail.66 comments 15 Recs
- No current results.