|Art Journaling for Progressives
No longer active
To best serve the development of all our young people, we need to move away from our one-size-fits-all education system (based on the 19th Century industrial model) to a new approach that encourages and facilitates many profoundly different educational paths, including learning within and outside of schools.
Progressive Humor, Snarks, and Satire in the spirit of Onion, National Lampoom, Mad Magazine, Monty Python, Black Adder, Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, Kathy Giffords and many others who press the bounderies of our usual culture for the advancement of progressive causes.
|Kansas & Missouri Kossacks
Kansas and Missouri area Kossaks, change in the heart of Red Country.
Discover the masterpiece Les Miserables from the perspective of Victor Hugo, the humanist and the activist.
|Sunday Bread And Other Food
A place at Kos for folks who to like to talk about food, read about food or eat food. Built around Sunday Bread, but hopefully being much, much more than that!
|Whovians on DKos
A group for those who enjoy the BBC TV programme 'Dr Who', and its many off-shoots. Now in its fiftieth year, this has become the longest-running science fiction series, and, according to the Guiness World Records, ' "most successful" science fiction series of all time'. Not so much a TV series, more a cultural phenomenon! Drop by and enjoy. NOTE: Free parking for British Police Phone Boxes on Thursday nights
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by Debby
- Farmer Jon? Jon Stewart is ...106 comments 190 Recs
- Think Progress reports on a John Podesta tweet that states climate change and energy policy will be at the top of her presidential priorities if elected. This will make her presidential campaign the ...267 comments 207 Recs
- Gov. Bruce Rauner (R-IL) Some ...142 comments 95 Recs
- John Shaw On his way out of Ferguson, John Shaw, in defiant fashion, basically gave a big middle finger to the Department of Justice, denying the meticulous findings of the ...78 comments 185 Recs
- Meet 3 Ferguson employees cited by DOJ for racism & corruption now in charge of cleaning up the cityDarren Wilson in the middle with his arms around Mary Ann Twitty, who was just fired for racism, corruption, and misconduct ...190 comments 326 Recs
- The sad details surrounding the suicide of Missouri State Auditor Tom Schweich continue to emerge. But something is missing in the reporting: the gun behind the tragedy. More below the fold...154 comments 59 Recs
- In a turnabout is fair play move, House democrats have launched an investigation into the funding sources of several key climate change skeptics likely based on concerns over the ...46 comments 46 Recs
- THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE February 27, 2015 Statement by the President on the Passing of Leonard Nimoy Long before being nerdy was cool, there was ...149 comments 458 Recs
- UPDATED 2/27/2015 with more memes and a sobering video at the end. Earlier today, when asked about ISIS, presidential hopeful and current Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker said that his response to ...410 comments 586 Recs
- MO Auditor Suicide comes Minutes After Voicemail to St. Louis Post Dispatch Regarding Smear CampaignMissouri Auditor Tom Schweich, viewed by many as a smart, well liked Republican with friends on both sides of the aisle was found today dead of apparent suicide in Missouri with a self afflicting ...92 comments 150 Recs