Below you'll find recent contributions related to DemProgStrategist's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Top Republican recruit skips Colorado Senate race
Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some good news on ...
|Top GOP recruit Mike Coffman passes on a Senate bid in Colorado
Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet got some ...
|Meet 'Dem' John Delaney, bidding to be the next Joe Lieberman
Rep. John Delaney (D-Doofus) Holy crap this guy is a doofus.
|Another Florida Republican lays the groundwork for a Senate bid
Conservative Florida Rep. ...
|The Guardian: In U.S., blacks killed by cops are twice as likely to have been unarmed as whites
This is a complicated piece of data , but it reveals something relatively simple. An unarmed black or brown person in America is much more likely to be killed by a police officer than an ...
|Pols are pols and do what they do: when O'Malley loved the DLC
FTR, a 2007 Martin O'Malley and Harold Ford (!) column in defense of "the vital center" (and the DLC): Some liberals are so confident about Democratic prospects that they contend the centrism that ...
|Bobby Jindal wants to do to America what he did to Louisiana
Gov. Bobby Jindal appeared on This Week with George Stephanopoulos. Jindal is likely the most delusional potential candidate running to date. What is amazing is the conviction with which he ...
|Americans need more than a listening and learning tour from Hillary Clinton right now
Amy Chozick's New York ...
|The most accurate pollsters of 2014 (and why that title, quite frankly, doesn't mean very much)
What these guys lacked in consistency, they made up for in accuracy on Election Eve. Of the nearly two dozen pollsters that met the parameters for our biennial study ...
|When it comes to voting, conservatives want some people to count more than others. Sound familiar?
They won't count as part of the population when drawing electoral district lines, if right-wing activists have their way. They are creative, I'll give 'em that. ...
|Bernie Sanders was unapologetically strong responding to Chuck Todd on 43 year old essay
Senator Bernie Sanders appeared on Meet the Press with Chuck Todd today. He appeared to discuss his candidacy. As expected, Chuck Todd asked Bernie Sanders about his
|NYT Defense of Clinton Coverage: Drudge Loves It
No seriously, that's what they said : The editor running the coverage, Carolyn Ryan, is more than satisfied with the results so far. “We’ve had extraordinary and world-beating coverage,” Ms. ...
|Martin O'Malley announces for President and immediately hits Hillary Clinton Wall Street ties
Martin O'Malley is Hillary Clinton's second announced opponent for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. O'Malley gave the standard Democratic speech covering broad middle-...
|Barney Frank calls out Dennis Hastert & GOP hypocrisy with a perfect statement
Barney Frank called out Dennis Hastert and the GOP for their hypocrisy on moral values and gay issues in a manner only he could. He was referring to the indictment of former Republican Speaker of ...
|More bad news... for John McCain!
Rep. Matt Salmon is considering a primary campaign against John McCain On Tuesday, Democratic Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick announced that she would challenge Republican Sen. John McCain, but the senator ...
So the fast track plan to pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership has run into a new wrinkle after an amendment passed in the Senate debate: slavery. Yes, really, slavery: the Senate voted for an ...
|No, Sanders isn't gaining on Clinton, but that doesn't mean he hasn't won
He's already won. Believe it or not (I didn't at first), Hillary's primary poll ...
|Question: if Sanders isn't 'serious', then neither are most GOP presidential wannabees
More popular than the jokers in the GOP side. Here is the ...
|Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Is Pat Toomey in good shape for re-election? This poll says no
Republican Sen. Pat Toomey ...
|An unpredictable race awaits both parties in Ann Kirkpatrick's House seat||Jeff Singer||05/27/2015||7|
|A new poll has Pat Toomey ahead, but in the danger zone
Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (left) faces a ...
|Rand Paul outwits Jon Stewart. Really!
Jon Stewart seemed to be completely off his game while interviewing Rand Paul. Was he on vacation too long? Did he make the calculation to be soft on Rand Paul to ensure that the Daily Show post ...
|Taking Marco Rubio at his word, Republicans are clear and present danger to Catholic Church
Pope Francis You might'...
|The Louisiana gubernatorial race may get interesting after all
Gubernatorial frontrunner GOP Sen. David ...
|Power is a zero sum game. A weak government means elites will dominate
Less power for government, more power for guys like them, and the corporations they control. Liberty. Power. Government. The way one frames the equation that connects these three words is at the ...
|Daily Kos Elections Memorial Day open thread
Bear McCreary -- "Wander My Friends"
|American reality distorted by media coverage and police response
In the last few days America witnessed something many have been stating for decades. The media coverage and interpretation of events is demonstrably race based. I walked into my home from after ...
|$15 minimum wage in L.A. is great. But it was only necessary because a Democratic Congress blew it
If national Democrats had done their job, ...
|The perils of trying to define 'an accurate pollster'
If the majority of polls in 2014 were accurate, this guy would be Governor of Kansas. Next week, you can expect to see a piece offering a review of the performances of the polling community from ...
|Yup, Clinton can tell the Beltway media to go to hell
Heavens! Is that Hillary with some "everyday Americans"? BLASPHEMY! The same day I lauded ...
Recommended by DemProgStrategist
- I suppose there is no longer much point in debating the facts surrounding the shooting of Michael Brown. First, because Officer Darren Wilson has been cleared by a grand jury, and even the ...91 comments 258 Recs
- As noted in my diary earlier today, Hillary Clinton is doing Robocalls on behalf of Cuomo and Hochul in New York. I completely overlooked a major point in that diary concerning the actual content of ...371 comments 215 Recs
- What kind of guy thinks enabling Republicans would help him in a Democratic presidential bid? This guy.201 comments 109 Recs
- The loud silence of Democratic leaders continue. While there are social justice and economic issues that should be molded into a narrative of action that transcends race, religion, or creed, ...541 comments 224 Recs
- Which one of these two voted for the Iraq war? Just asking. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama may (or may not) ...240 comments 116 Recs
- Events follow the norm until they don’t. Democrats can continue to disregard Rand Paul at their peril, especially when he begins to sound ...400 comments 118 Recs
- A recent interesting debate over “entitlement reform” (a phrase for which scare quotes are always appropriate) reprised a long-running feud between liberals and centrists over the soul of the ...125 comments 136 Recs
- This is how the Republicans stole the House of Representatives in 2012. What a great title, huh? At Netroots Nation in Detroit, there was ...61 comments 93 Recs
- Warren Buffett giving his biggest ever contribution in a political race is more important news than you might think - especially given the recent spate of populist economic commentary by other ...3 comments 9 Recs
- The lead story on the front page of the Washington Post last Saturday was a remarkable piece by Zachary Goldfarb headlined "A Striking Pivot on Income Inequality," with sub-headlines "Obama Turns ...3 comments 12 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.