Desert Scientist's groups.
Phenology is a science that anyone can practice without a lab coat, microscope, or PhD. It's the study of seasonal events such as first flowers, appearance of certain butterflies, etc. People have tracked these dates for decades -- even centuries -- and now there's a place on DK4 to record your own observations. A casual spot to tell what you're seeing in the park down the road or in your own back yard.
|History for Kossacks
Once the name of a regularly-appearing series on DK3, History for Kossacks is now a DK4 group blog dedicated to the discussion and diarying of all things historical. Topics range from the impact of a'a' lava on ancient Hawaii to Zoroastrianism in Persia; time frame is from Australopithecus to Zulu hours today - so come on in to this dusty cave full of moldering tomes, have a seat in an overstuffed chair, and let's talk history!
The SciTech group is dedicated to the exploration of Science and Technology. We welcome all diaries, essays, and discussions that teach or explain the wonders of the universe.
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by Desert Scientist
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...186 comments 164 Recs
- Rep. Tammy Duckworth, veteran, saves the day. House Republicans were all set ...23 comments 48 Recs
- Baltimore State's Attorney: Freddie Gray's death was a homicide and criminal charges will be pursuedOn Friday morning, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby announced that the death of Freddie Gray has been ruled a homicide and that criminal charges will be pursued.662 comments 341 Recs
- Farmer Jon? Jon Stewart is ...106 comments 190 Recs
- It was only a two-minute drive between the police station and where Freddie Gray was arrested. Why, then, did it take 30 minutes? So many egregious ...228 comments 256 Recs
- 485 million years ago the Earth was a very different place. The Earth's climate was mostly warm and wet, with sea levels nearly 2,000 feet above those of today. The area north of the tropics was ...24 comments 100 Recs
- Cartoon decrying the Hamburg massacre of July 1876 As people raise a hue and cry, for a media minute, about yet another police murder of an unarmed black man—this time Walter Scott ...298 comments 239 Recs
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott'...19 comments 28 Recs
- The Everglades face a boatload of human-caused problems, not the least of which is global warming. On Wednesday, traditionally Earth Day although many Earth Day events were held this past weekend, ...29 comments 73 Recs
Desert Scientist's Tags
- No current results.
Desert Scientist's Blogroll
- No current results.