Below you'll find recent contributions related to DocGonzo's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls: Now comes Trans-Pacific trickle-down
Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich writes Trans-Pacific Trickle-Down Economics : Now comes the Trans-Pacific Partnership. It’s being sold as a way to boost the U.S. economy, expand exports, ...
|Battle over Iran nuclear review bill by right and ultra right seems ended. Vote expected Thursday
These two guys are moving toward a vote ...
|Midday open thread: Top hedge fund managers earn paltry $11bn, Edison's talking dolls still creepy
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Texas takeover :
|Klobuchar, Tester reintroduce bill to require states to allow voter registration on Election Day
Allowing citizens to register to vote on Election Day is a smart idea that boosts turnout and makes things easier for the most mobile Americans. It has been tested for problems for decades in the ...
|Open thread for night owls: Ask your doc if this birth control is right for you. Now ask your boss
In case you can't see the video here, try ...
|Study saying EPA rules will save 3,500 lives should be nailed to door of every naysayer in Congress
Curbing coal plant emissions would save lots of lives. Not that this matters to EPA haters. A new study published in the ...
|Midday open thread: Minimum wage boost hits bullseye, executions don't hit worst of the worst
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Responses to Baltimore :
|Iran nuclear review act: Is it lose-lose for Republicans?
Whoops. Even though the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act most likely will pass the Senate by a large majority, the superhawks, pushed by Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and president-wannabe Marco Rubio (R-
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Why Baltimore's past matters; Is ISIS really on the run?
Molly Redden at Mother Jones writes Want an Abortion This Year? Get Ready to Wait : For women seeking an abortion, 2015 is shaping up to be the year of the long wait. Since the beginning of the year,
|Open thread for night owls. Do progressives need to make better emotional ties when organizing?
Excerpted by Alternet from Michael Bader'...
|This week at progressive state blogs: Lynch and the power of black women, SD polygamists seek water
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Super El Niño forms, oil & gas drilling damage, wind power soars
Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, one of the strongest storms ever in the region.
|Open thread for night owls: FAIR takes on economist pundit who disappeared economist critics of TPP
At Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, Jim Naureckaswrites NYT Lets Economic Pundit Disappear TPP’s Economist Critics : The New York Times (4/24/15) handed its readers an exploding cigar this ...
|DOT issues oil-train rules. Industry objects. Other critics say rules too weak and deadline too slow
Oil train derailment Feb. 15 near Mount Carbon, West Virginia. The Obama ...
|Midday open thread: Tesla home battery unveiled, 1 in 6 species at risk, where's Aaron Schock?
On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...
|Open thread for night owls: A condensed look at what Bernie Sanders thinks on some issues
What Bernie Sanders thinks , as compiled by Andrew Prokip at Vox. I've included paragraphs on five subjects, with only subheads for the rest: Move to a single-payer health care system The ...
|Wind energy association's first-quarter report offers reasons for optimism
The American Wind Energy Association has released its report for the first quarter of 2015, and it's quite encouraging. Indeed, for those of ...
|Midday open thread: Who asked leniency for Petraeus? Initial claims for jobless comp at 15-year low
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Doonesbury's Charlie Hebdo problem :
|Chances of ending federal executions diminished with Eric Holder's departure
Eric Holder was conducting a review of the death penalty, but it ...
|Marco Rubio sought 'leniency' for Corinthian Colleges last year
For more than a decade, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. has been the target of lawsuits and state and federal investigations for its deceptive marketing, falsification of employment placement rates and ...
|Open thread for night owls: Martin Luther King Jr. quotes the traditional media won't cite
M.L. King arrested in 1958 in Montgomery, Alabama, for "loitering" outside a courtroom where there was a hearing for his friend Ralph Abernathy, founder of the Southern Christian Leadership ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Cities engage on climate change, anger translator, extreme weather
Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green News & Views (previously known as the ...
|Midday open thread: GDP growth 0.2%, Nevadans back 'net metering' that boosts rooftop solar
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Satire to die for :
|Senate kills amendment that would have made Iran agreement a treaty. Condoleezza Rice helps
Condoleeza Rice says the Iran deal is "classically an executive agreement and doesn't need to be a treaty... " The Senate voted 39-57 Tuesday night for an amendment that would have required the ...
|Open thread for night owls. Reich: Why so many Americans feel powerless
Robert Reich writes Why So Many Americans Feel So Powerless : As I travel around America, I’m struck by how utterly powerless most people feel. The companies we work for, the businesses we buy ...
|Dept. of Ed gives dreadful advice to Corinthian students: Transfer to other for-profit colleges
One of Corinthian Colleges' for-profit campuses. The drawn-out collapse of Corinthian Colleges was completed Sunday with the company's announcement that 28 of its campuses would be immediately ...
|Midday open thread: Seminal R.I. wind farm starts construction, federal R&D spending keeps falling
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is To protect and to sever :
|Senate global warming deniers scheme to undermine Obama and wreck any Paris 2015 climate pact
Sen. Jim "Snowball" Inhofe, (R-Kochland) wants to wreck Obama's efforts on the Paris 2015 climate agreement. While right-wingers in Congress await the results ...
|New study forecasts big increases in extreme weather from human-caused global warming
More of these will be part of global warming's impacts, scientists predict. The name of the study by Erich M. Fischer and Reto Knutti is a mouthful—
|Open thread for night owls. De Blasio pushes economic and eco justice in sustainability plan
Katherine Bagley at Inside Climate News writes NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio pushes environmental and economic justice in sustainability plan : Environmental ...
Recommended by DocGonzo
- It seems that the once great state of Texas elected an admitted law breaker as its top cop. It also seems that the law breaker and his network of cronies and protectionists hoped no one would ...35 comments 90 Recs
- While the media and most Democrats continue to speculate on when the most highly visible Republican and Democratic candidates for President will announce, Martin O'Malley continues to do what he ...64 comments 48 Recs
- Seems like Indiana and Arkansas legislators have made now a good time to reprise this little quiz on religious freedom. Written by the Rev. Emily C. Heath at the United Church of Christ, the quiz is ...124 comments 421 Recs
- (Update at bottom. Names, links through to FB pages.) The 4/1/2015 front page story of the Dublin, GA Courier-Herald newspaper is about the following open letter, which speaks for itself. It is, ...144 comments 313 Recs
- If an oil family has a place to go, as if the oil will run out soon, does that help convince you that the oil will run out soon? More below the divider doodle.21 comments 34 Recs
- Governor Jerry Brown on April 1 issued an executive order that he claimed will "save water" during California's record drought by imposing mandatory 25 percent reductions in water usage by cites and ...49 comments 85 Recs
- 99 Rise was founded about 3 years ago in Los Angeles by my friend Kai Newkirk. 99 Rise is the tip of the spear in the movement to overturn Citizens United and get money out of politics. Today ...24 comments 91 Recs
- On March 30, 2011, an international human rights observer witnessed and reported an unusually cruel and violent confrontation between a NY police officer and an Occupy Wall Street protester. While ...770 comments 283 Recs
- Judge Kathleen R. Mulligan prevented the state's investigation of Dr. King effectively keeping him from prosecution. A gag-and-seal order dated October 28th, 2004 was entered to seemingly protect ...7 comments 6 Recs
- Soon if you value your privacy at all, you'll have to pay for it. If you have AT&T’s gigabit Internet service and wonder why it seems so ...129 comments 210 Recs
- No current results.