1470 comments by DowneastDem.
Recommended by DowneastDem
- As the race for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination heats up, one name keeps popping up as the GOP's go-to guy on poverty, economic inequality and social policy. "My views on this were ...55 comments 87 Recs
- William Pfaff, a longtime commentator on American foreign policy, died this weekend . Pfaff's heyday was the 1970s when he wrote a regular column for William Shawn's New Yorker. After that, he went ...7 comments 10 Recs
- I'm in the middle of a training programme to teach on courses run by a well-known online education provider, one that has a close association with the Clintons. I'm not allowed to name the company--...5 comments 4 Recs
- Our new governor here in Pennsylvania sent out an email today asking us to "show the world that Pennsylvania is the place William Penn envisioned: inclusive and open for all." Governor Tom Wolf ...114 comments 194 Recs
- I'm going to focus only on the question of Israel's policy towards Palestinians and the Occupied Territories. I'm going to ignore economic issues since frankly they have limited interest to most ...35 comments 22 Recs
- It appears the the Republicans may have finally over-extended themselves. Their actions over the last few weeks have gone way beyond anything a sane person would regard as civil discourse and ...360 comments 99 Recs
- When Bill Clinton first ran for president and brought his wife onto the stage, not as his adorable blond cheerleader-chick Hillary Homemaker, but as his full-on, professional, degreed and ...138 comments 24 Recs
- I worked at home yesterday; student protesters blocked the entrances to the university that employs my wife and me. My department anticipated the troubles and sent us all home with our laptops. We ...65 comments 99 Recs
- Last week, we talked about how marketing begins with your target audience . While my experience is largely with non-fiction, one of my favorite comments came from athenap about marketing fiction :45 comments 53 Recs
- When the Southern states tried to leave the Union, the ensuing war ended this ambition for the time, but it still simmers below the surface. We need to find a way to vent this pressure or it could ...78 comments 16 Recs
- No current results.