Below you'll find recent contributions related to Ecocities Emerging's followed authors, tags, and groups.
- While cities are a relatively recent phenomenon, for most of their existence most people have not lived in them. In the past decade, however, city populations have grown to the point where most ...15 comments 17 Recs
- It might be hard for some to believe, but the truth of the matter is that the same food deserts that are regularly reported about in America's inner cities face small towns in America where food is ...22 comments 16 Recs
- This diary is intended to amplify Jen Sorensen's message in her "Cartoon: Bikes and Cars" posted 21 April. The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) is constructing a Diverging Diamond ...17 comments 1 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) I've long been meaning to do a strip about the incompatibility of bikes and cars, and Earth Day week seemed as good a time as any. Besides, it was either this or making fun of ...137 comments 82 Recs
- An urban ecosystem If you’ve ever tried to grow anything in your garden you’ve probably had your share of unrealized visions. In your rookie year perhaps the tomatoes never turned red or the ...31 comments 76 Recs
- Sorry Arizona cities, no passing laws your citizens want Chances are, if you live in an urban area in a big rural state, you might not be represented by your legislature. That's been apparent ...50 comments 108 Recs
- For many years, I've felt a big disaster was coming. In recent years, I've discovered the nature of that disaster. More below the divider doodle.7 comments 3 Recs
- Here's the text of a presentation I did today at Northeast Sustainable Energy Association's Building Energy conference. This was the first time they addressed urban agriculture. Everybody eats and ...67 comments 57 Recs
- Cities scale is where real climate change adaptation is taking place, now, whether or not we have national or international agreements on greenhouse gases. Cities and regions have to deal with ...2 comments 11 Recs
- Despite serious backsliding ever since the Reagan era, the federal income tax remains modestly progressive; tweaks by President Obama even made it more progressive in 2014. Not so, though, for ...27 comments 20 Recs
Ecocities Emerging's Tags
Ecocities Emerging's Blogroll
- No current results.