Below you'll find recent contributions related to Eddie in ME's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|An update on the Patriot Act debate
The debate in the Senate about extending the Patriot Act has gotten so bizarre that I suspect it is all kabuki. Mitch McConnell's inability to muster a fillibuster-proof 60 votes for a straight ...
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
|A Breathtakingly Immoral Plan
One of the largest humanitarian dramas on the planet is playing out in the waters off the coast of Libya. Thousands upon thousands of desperate refugees are risking their lives trying to cross the ...
Recommended by Eddie in ME
- (Cross posted at Maine Progressives Warehouse ) This past weekend, Maine Democrats held their 2014 Convention at the new Cross Insurance Center in Bangor. It was a great event, with Rep. Mike ...9 comments 8 Recs
- The most memorable moment I have in my political life, by far, is leaving the Maine House in tears, stunned that the majority party had repealed four decades of Election Day Registration - all so ...10 comments 36 Recs
- Good afternoon, good people of Orange. Today is my turn in what our illustrious managing editor, Barb Morrill, calls "the lion's den." I am here to answer your questions to the best of my ability,297 comments 70 Recs
- Dear Mr. Secretary, I served in the United States Navy from 2004 until I was honorably discharged in 2008. As a veteran, I am familiar with the Armed Forces Network; AFN TV was available aboard ship,67 comments 273 Recs
- I need to bring this up. A lot of attention has been given to Obama's rescue of the domestic auto industry. And as you may know, I'm a HUGE FAN of that. HUGE FAN. But too little attention has been ...141 comments 575 Recs
- This won't be long. But it might be the most important reason that this is the worst idea ever. And I am fucking pissed.50 comments 73 Recs
- This will be very brief and I know this ain't much of a diary, but apparently according to Huffington ...128 comments 166 Recs
- I'm sure many have you, especially those of you around the Pacific Northwest, have seen facebook posts, tweets, or even the AP story from today:17 comments 71 Recs
- The cranky, liberal lady known as "Granny Doc" around these parts died peacefully at home about 5PM this afternoon EDT. She had been in a coma since Tuesday. She was generally reclusive, but ...684 comments 1873 Recs
- UPDATE (6:55 p.m. ET): We just broke through the $1 million mark in today's money bomb! Thank you -- now let's keep it going and reach as big a number as possible before midnight.100 comments 220 Recs
Eddie in ME's Tags
- No current results.