Below you'll find recent contributions related to Edward L Cote's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Black Kos presents: Reading Group: Thomas Sugrue's Sweet Land of Liberty- Introduction
Welcome to the first diary of this Black Kos-hosted Reading Group series. Of course, you don't have to be a member of Black Kos to join this discussion; it's open for anybody and the more, the ...
|Monday Murder Mystery: Jo Walton's Small Change Trilogy
Life is complicated. The older I get, the clearer that becomes. Sadly, everything else becomes less clear. Distinctions between good and bad, success and failure—they all get a little muddied. It ...
|LGBT Literature: Stonewall
LGBT Literature is a Readers and Book Lovers series dedicated to discussing books that have made an impact on the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. From fiction to ...
|Book Review: Dire Predictions 2nd Edition
Dire Predictions: understanding climate change By Michael E. Mann and Lee R. Kump DK Publishing, $ 25.00 US or ...
|Books So Bad They're Good: The Blue Blood Academic and the Lasso of Love
They’re fixing the gates at Smith College. Heaven knows they need them. The Grecourt Gates, named for the chateau ...
|You Can't Read That!
You Can’t Read That! is a periodic post featuring banned book reviews and news roundups. Kansas City MO library parking garage (note all the banned titles!)
|Books Go Boom! Evelyn Waugh's 'The Loved One'
The Loved One is a short satire with very sharp teeth. It is hilarious in that dry, mordant vein the British mine so well. I'm confident you'll enjoy The Loved One if you like sparkling prose, ...
|Write On! One Impossible Thing
Science fiction writer Jules Verne did not believe in impossible things. In each of his novels, he explained in loving detail how the marquee invention would work. Whether it was launching people ...
|Self-publishing 101: 5 ways to get feedback on your book
A hearty thanks to James Wells for hosting the last SP 101 ! Before getting started, if you're in the Bellingham, WA area, I'll mention his book launch for The Great Symmetry at 7 pm this Saturday .
|Bookflurries-Bookchat: The Book I Didn’t Write
Welcome to bookchat where you can talk about anything...books, plays, essays, and books on tape. You don’t have to be reading a book to come in, sit down, and chat with us. Last week at ...
|An Other Feminism: a review of Hilary Klein's book "Compañeras: Zapatista Women's Stories"
By Charlotte Maria Sáenz May 27, ...
|Comfort Makes Me Right: Indigo Kalliope: Poems From the Left
Copper, cotton and fool's gold beaten into mash, shoveled down maws of metal monkeys, greater than the sum of ribs, thumbs, and vertebrae. Acid leak squeals spray from split purple lips. Road ...
|Young People's Pavilion: Bedtime For Chickies
"To write a good young picture book ... You have to write with all the skill of an adult who understands words, rhythm, rhyme, character, and story and all the heart and soul of a child who ...
|The Book Bear||05/24/2015||1|
|Books So Bad They're Good: A Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Summer in Badbookistan
'Tis summer, and time for a middle aged woman's fancies to turn to thoughts of bad books. Not only bad books, of course. I picked up several excellent books at Kalamazoo last week, two of which I'...
|Write On! Pacing
Hello, writers. Last week we talked about making time pass in a narrative. Now I’d like to talk about a related area, pacing. Pacing a story well means spending as little time as possible over ...
|Bookflurries-Bookchat: Driver, Follow That…Book!
Welcome to bookchat where you can talk about anything...books, plays, essays, and books on tape. You don’t have to be reading a book to come in, sit down, and chat with us. It is necessary in ...
|Wonder What Bin Ladin Read in Bed?
Need to know what volumes were on Bin Ladin's bookshelf? Curious if his reading tastes were close to yours? Ever consider if what you read makes you who you are, or is who you are dictated by what ...
|Indigo Kalliope: Poems from the Left: May's 3rd Tuesday & Salute to a Friend
So, here I am, racing another deadline, though I've had a pretty good idea of what I was going to write about for at least a few days. As long as I've admired the work of poets I have the privilege ...
Recommended by Edward L Cote
- Seriously, you can't ask that question like this:274 comments 545 Recs
- This morning on Meet the Press Rand Paul put Hillary's hawkish reputation front and center. MEET THE PRESS -- SUNDAY, AUG. 24, 2014 CHRIS JANSING: And now to a Meet the Press exclusive: A ...123 comments 36 Recs
- ... is that none of them ever will be, or could ever have been, directly impacted by their "narrowly tailored" ruling against women:326 comments 162 Recs
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement is widely believed to be in the process of transferring significant regulatory power from sovereign governments to private industry, specifically ...126 comments 262 Recs
- Republican operatives apparently believe there's something to be gained by painting Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl as a deserter. OK so his name resemblse Benghazi a touch. But here is where I go wtf “He ...456 comments 404 Recs
- I got an email from a friend with an image comparing two news reports on the big FCC vote that moves us closer to gutting net neutrality. After reading the Times' quote, it was so shockingly ...301 comments 329 Recs
- The New York Times 's Wall Street coddling wunderkind Andrew Ross Sorkin has an interview with former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner in the New York Magazine this weekend. In the interview, ...737 comments 243 Recs
- 235 comments 391 Recs
- The Best Medicine by Barry ...121 comments 300 Recs
- Most of us have done it. Some of us are still doing it. Sure, we can say we don't 'text' while driving, but if we answer our phones or try to call someone on the phone, while driving, isn't that ...321 comments 359 Recs
Edward L Cote's Tags
- No current results.
Edward L Cote's Blogroll
- No current results.