Group founded by LilithGardener
This blog is a laboratory for learning to bear witness without judgment, blame or shame. Each diary will serve as an experimental Listening space to explore dimensions of blog life and American culture that influence what we think we say and what we think we hear in posts and comment threads.
"Sometimes one has to say exactly how one feels and it is also sometimes necessary for those hearing these sentiments just to listen for a while and take note." - LaFeminista
- I thought about titling this diary something like "The first step to ending oppression is listening to the oppressed" or alternatively, "Hey White people STFU!" But the first, though more accurate, ...350 comments 229 Recs
- Certainly 'Not' a FOX/Rush, and greater majority served, patriotic?, 'Poser Patriot'!! As the FOX and Rush, and their many parrots, have been showing their true colors since Robin's death!! Hagel ...10 comments 6 Recs
- The Daily Kos group blog Walking on Eggshells is an experimental laboratory for learning to bear witness without judgment, blame or shame. Each diary will serve as an experimental Listening space to ...45 comments 14 Recs
- In the Daily Kos Fight Threads™ how do you feel when things get out of hand? When it's degenerating into a a pie fight with "the other side" (however you define it)? If you stayed out of Fight ...98 comments 15 Recs
- "When I feel that I have to walk on eggshells in a diary it is a sign something is wrong. Sometimes one has to say exactly how one feels and it is also sometimes necessary for those hearing these ...57 comments 34 Recs
- The seed for a conversation found its fertile ground after a few of us read a diary that included an elegant statement of the problem. "When I feel that I have to walk on eggshells in a diary it is ...59 comments 28 Recs
- The seed for this diary found its fertile ground after a few of us read a diary that included this elegant statement of the problem. "When I feel that I have to walk on eggshells in a diary it is a ...193 comments 65 Recs
- In an interview about their intriguing sounding new book, Inventing Peace , the acclaimed German film-maker Wim Wenders (of "Wings of Desire" fame) and the Australian philosopher Mary Zournazi, ...14 comments 20 Recs
- Veterans from our wars, from Korea forward, have been maligned and forgotten, but when used for the oh so patriotic meme's, when we've come home, during and after and as Rachel says the message is ...3 comments 9 Recs
- If you missed the CBS 'Sunday Morning' telecast this morning, you missed another must see and must think about! Added to all the Country isn't thinking about related to our wars of choice and after ...24 comments 20 Recs
- Vernacular and Euphemisms - Get Out! Trigger Warning? STFU!
- The most reliable source of misogyny: Madison Ave
- Hyperarousal and Vigilance
- PTSD & Memory: Anticipating the Worst
- Emotional Memory Formation
- Fear Anxiety and the Extended Amygdala
- Sometimes You Have to Stop Reading the Comments
- Mindfulness in a Round Pen
- Violence in Our Vernacular - Do You Notice?
- Feminism: a few thoughts (and a request!) from a guy's perspect
- Objectifying Women Not a Progressive Value
- Now All Men: Sexism, Objectification, and Violence
- "Happy Mother's Day" video by Florida gun instructor
- Wim Wenders: Opinions Are Violent?
- Measuring the Unmentionable (Updated)
- Why Post a Comment?