Below you'll find recent contributions related to Flywheel's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|An update on the Patriot Act debate
The debate in the Senate about extending the Patriot Act has gotten so bizarre that I suspect it is all kabuki. Mitch McConnell's inability to muster a fillibuster-proof 60 votes for a straight ...
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|Former owner of Waco Twin Peaks may have a lot of explaining to do
Next to the biker thugs, the personality in Sunday's Waco shootout who's potentially in the most trouble is the now-former owner of the restaurant where it took place. For those who missed it, ...
|Christian Dem in NC||05/20/2015||87|
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
|Bureaucracies out of control
It's long after Herbert Marcuse warned us of technocracy in his classic (1964) One-Dimensional Man . You know, that part (page 32 if you want to look it up) in which Marcuse says "the capitalist ...
|Bill McKibben on Obama and Shell Oil
Yeah, I know, maybe if I'm very lucky this will generate another Rox/ Sux piefight, just like this diary has generated one today about Hillary Clinton. I think of those piefights as opportunities --
|WI-06: Grothman and Walker wanted to let doctors lie to women to keep them from having abortions
Based on the numerous chronicles from our Wisconsinite friends, it's no secret that Scott Walker is a sleaze. But even I wasn't prepared to find out that while still serving in the state assembly, ...
|Christian Dem in NC||05/11/2015||10|
|A Breathtakingly Immoral Plan
One of the largest humanitarian dramas on the planet is playing out in the waters off the coast of Libya. Thousands upon thousands of desperate refugees are risking their lives trying to cross the ...
Recommended by Flywheel
- Yeah, I know it's his blog, but there's an argument to be made that the cause of all of the hand-wringing and garment-rendering going on in Democratic circles about President Obama and his ...37 comments 3 Recs
- I am not exaggerating when I say that these two amendments, which prevent gerrymandering for Legislative and Congressional districts respectively, are the most important amendments that Florida has ...15 comments 17 Recs
- No. They have no shame. It is the job of those who are repulsed by the Timothy McVeighs of the world to shame them. A few days ago Eric ...706 comments 683 Recs
- War, in one form or another, appeared with the first man. At the dawn of history, its morality was not questioned; it was simply a fact, like drought or disease - the manner in which ...123 comments 18 Recs
- [From the Frog Pond ] There was a point in Obama's speech tonight where he veered off the specific topic at hand and summoned the American Myth, ...420 comments 269 Recs
- is quite possibly not what those here on a partisan (dedicated to electing Democratics, hopefully progressive ones) political blog like Daily Kos want to hear, now or ever. It is however the title ...126 comments 134 Recs
- The Republican Party and its mainstream supporters are not Nazis. Sure, they have some similarities, but so do we all- to begin with, we all eat and breathe. But the word "Nazi" is used specifically ...1035 comments 661 Recs
- I know that a lot of people here love them some Alan Grayson, but we cannot let that blind us to the truth, wherever it may lead us. In my case, it just took a little digging to come up with ...276 comments 733 Recs
- Rachel Maddow interviewed Tim Phillips on her show tonight and it was one of the most riveting takedowns you will ever see. I'm bashing this out as it is wrapping up so there is no video this ...574 comments 686 Recs
- Today I posted a piece on the food blog Zester Daily called " Trained to Get Fat ." In it, I focused quite a bit ...790 comments 481 Recs
- No current results.