Below you'll find recent contributions related to FourthOfJulyAsburyPark's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|The Daily Bucket: Flowers of Austerity
This is a political website, so most readers will know about Austerity, in the sense of the current European malaise of public finances caused by socialization of private losses incurred in the ...
|Weren't alive in '65? Then this July 13th could be your lucky day
...or maybe you just weren't alive to the awesome power and the awful responsibility of fusion politics back then. I know I sure wasn't. Perhaps you've admired North Carolina's Forward Together ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 Henry Ransom Cecil McBay (1914–1995) was an African - American chemist and a teacher. McBay was born "Henry ...
|The Daily Bucket: Another Walk at Sawgrass Lake
Sawgrass Lake is a wildlife refuge right in the middle of the city of St Petersburg FL. It is one of my favorite places to spend an afternoon, since it has a variety of wildlife and plants. Here are ...
|SpiritSisters: Writing In Women's Voices. New diary series
Graphic by Michelle Robinson. Used by permission of the artist. Activist women have walked many different paths, and have come from many different places and life experiences to get to where we ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/28/2015||107|
|The Daily Bucket - Newly Arrived Squabs!
After a lovely 5 day weekend, I'm back with news of the wilds of upstate New York. Flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing and birds are hatching! Follow me below the orange nest for fantastic photos ...
|The Daily Bucket - Leucistic white female Virginia opossum (Didelphis virginiana)
Southeastern Wisconsin I readily admit that I am charmed by the often misunderstood Opossum. This infatuation has motivated us to set up a few HD cameras around the property, in order to record the ...
|As a Floridian...This hating on us because of Scott needs to stop !!We don't deserve the putdowns !
This will not be well received by some at all. I am standing up for we liberals who are stuck with Rick Scott and Republican legislators. In all of the years I have been here I have never said ...
|The Daily Bucket - small gosling drama on a mudflat
Put this together a while back...nothing very dramatic (well maybe it was for them), photos not great, very common bird and all, but I liked the moment. And we have no bucket yet today, so - The ...
|Rick Scott and the possibility of a Presidential Run ! Don't laugh.
I wrote a diary last week about how Scott in ...
|Cartoon: All lives matter*
Krazy sale at www.kchronicles.com! Support ye olde gentleman cartoonist at Patreon!
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile: Reader/lurker survey, with poll
Thoughts about Black Kos, (with a poll) Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez After reading and responding to many of the detailed and thoughtful comments, in " How ...
|The Daily Bucket: Where Did Florida's Sand Come From?
Florida is of course famous for its sandy sunny beaches. Most people assume that this sand comes from broken and crushed coral, and for a small portion of the state that is true. But for most of ...
|Why Does the United States Still Honor White Supremacist Confederate Trash on Memorial Day?
Memorial Day was a tradition inaugurated after the American Civil War by (now) freed black Americans. Black America's history is American history, even while too many of those who are invested in ...
|Remembering soldiers of color on Memorial Day
United States Army Private First Class William K. Nakamura, U.S. Medal of Honor recipient, awarded posthumously. In "
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/25/2015||114|
|The Daily Bucket - Suspect Apprehended and Brought to Justice
I have mentioned in previous conversations that a large snake has been living in my basement. The snake itself had eluded observation, but there were plenty of pieces of shed skins to convince me ...
|The Justice Department on Netroots Radio Presents: "The Streets of His Soldier Mind"
|How a Southern white boy unlearned racism
I am going to give in to Denise Oliver Velez's request to turn a comment into a diary. The aversion to length (TL;DR) is a peculiar modern affliction, but I will make it easier for people who ...
|Who are more Dangerous: Fleeing Suspects or the Police Officers who Kill them?
Americans used to have rights. Primarily the Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Also we supposedly have the the right to be "secure from unreasonable searches and seizures of ...
|2015 Backyard Science Yardbird Race Tally #5
Welcome to the 2015 Daily Kos Backyard Science Yardbird Race! This is the fifth tally for 2015, and is the official place to post your sightings, ask for help, and brag some if you wish. Here's ...
|How did you begin to unlearn racism?
Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/24/2015||518|
|The Daily Bucket - Enormous Plankton Database
The Daily Bucket is a regular feature of the Backyard Science group. It is a place to note any observations you have made of the world around you. Insects, weather, meteorites, climate, birds ...
|High School Art Exhibit Attacked By Cops for Depicting Police Brutality
Many, many police officers and their supporters are going ape shit very upset at a group of student artists at Westfield High School in New Jersey for daring ...
|Apparently, 136 Bullets Were NOT Enough.
OOPS : Someone put an autoplay video embed in the comments. If you hear audio you can go here and stop the video from playing. -----
|Brelo Verdict In: Not Guilty (Updated w/Link to Verdict)
Judge O'Donnell just announced his verdict in the Michael Brelo trial. Not Guilty. Judge O'Donnell also accepted as proved Brelo's claims of justification regarding the lesser included offenses. ...
|Obamacare Saves Sight, Obamacare Saves Lives. StDD~ Week 39
Daily Kos' own ObamaCare guru, Brainwrap, has recently highlighted the story of Luis Lang in a number of posts here , here , here , ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Marijuana - The Playing Field is not Level Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar I don't smoke. I have never lit up a joint in my life. But I know a lot about the good ol' Mary Jane . I can ...
|The Daily Bucket - Friendly Seal sighting
The Daily Bucket is a regular feature of the Backyard Science group. It is a place to note any observations you have made of the world around you. Rain, sun, wind...insects, birds, flowers......
|2006 FBI Report on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement: You Will Be Assimilated
And so it goes. Same as it ever was. And I'm not simply talking about police officers getting away with killing (mostly) young black men but the incessant nitpicking of each and every case ...
|In Defense of Shaun King
Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...
|The Daily Bucket - Fiddling Around
At the beginning of May, Mr. Watt and I went up to the Sol Duc valley in the Olympic National Park. Among other things, the ferns along the trail to Sol Duc Falls were just coming up. So, I ...
|Ken Burns Commencement Speech-line On #BlackLivesmatter Gets Huge Applause In One for the Ages
Today in Ferguson 150 years after the Civil War we see "ghastly remnants of our great shame emerging still"/Lincoln warned of "national suicide" if we neglect to be a "nation of freemen"/Mark Twain'...
|thirty three and a third||05/20/2015||49|
|Rick Scott may have to climb in the clown car to get respect...Ha !
I am feeling a little blue today so bad news for Scott always cheers me up. Scott cannot get anyone to ...
Recommended by FourthOfJulyAsburyPark
- As many of you may know, I have agreed to write on a schedule for two different blogs. I call those efforts "columns." I write what is loosely called Friday Philosophy , which publishes at 6pm ...20 comments 27 Recs
- So began Lawrence O'Donnell on his show this evening. I hate to disagree with you, Mr. O'Donnell, but that is simply not true. There is a special burden that people of color bear. Even while we ...53 comments 36 Recs
- What is not often talked about in regards to the 2nd Amendment and its "well regulated militia" is that one of its original purposes was to enforce tyranny. In order to maintain the vast slave empire,8 comments 14 Recs
- who have spent the last five days immersed in diaries about gun violence. The rescue ranger on duty, looking for quality diaries meeting particular readership criteria, reads EVERY diary that comes ...74 comments 128 Recs
- Dumb Arguments About Guns is a series devoted to examining the (il)logic of the modern debate over gun rights, gun laws, gun ownership and gun possession. The purpose of the series is to help ...104 comments 26 Recs
- "Washy, washy, washy queen Get that dirty shirty clean." -- Anonymous marketeer Folks complain about dirtiness, and dirtiness is synonymous with both unhealthiness and depravity. One watches a "dirty"22 comments 25 Recs
- An Argo float designed to measure ocean temperature and salinity being deployed in the Southern Ocean. What if I told you that on Nov. 4, 2012 an army of robots succeeded in completing its one ...18 comments 69 Recs
- In Cambodia, one of the popular activities for western tourists to engage in is going to a gun range and shooting one of the many leftover weapons from the countries bloody past. Sitting in the ...87 comments 84 Recs
- "Baby, I got a really big...freedom." A decreasing number of American gun owners own two-thirds of the nation's guns and as many as one-third of the guns on the planet -- even though they account ...353 comments 411 Recs
- Once again, I find myself to be bombarded by the media about the mental state of some soul going over the edge and destroying lives. Once again, I find myself being angered by the assumptions being ...4 comments 5 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.