Posting History for Frank Lee Speaking
|A New Level of Ridiculousness for Republican Obstructionism
Dear Senate Republicans, Congratulations on finally coming to your senses and confirming Robert E. Bacharach for a seat on the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. While this story probably won’...
|Frank Lee Speaking||02/27/2013||5||15||-||-|
|We Deserve a Vote
The President repeated this phrase numerous times at the end of his State of the Union address, and to great effect: taking a shot at the abuse of the filibuster while speaking of gun control ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||02/14/2013||4||3||1||-|
|Assault Weapons, Bullying, Flat Taxes, and Rational Conversation
As part of his series on gun control in America, Piers Morgan has invited a number of political adversaries on his show to discuss the issue. The most famous interview so far has probably been with ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||02/08/2013||36||9||-||-|
|You Keep Using that Phrase 'The Right to Bear Arms.' I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means
Every time a high profile incidence of gun violence makes national headlines, there is a renewed call to revisit our gun control laws. And just as predictably, there are those who raise their voices ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||12/18/2012||10||4||-||-|
|Three Questions I Doubt Anyone Will Ask At the Debate Tonight
Since tonight's debate is a town hall debate, I started thinking about the questions I would ask the candidates if I had the opportunity. I came up with 3 questions that I think are very important. ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||10/16/2012||8||1||-||-|
|I Don’t Know Who Won the Debate Last Night, but I Can Tell You Who Lost
I didn’t watch the debate last night. And I've done my best to avoid watching any coverage of it either, at least before writing this. All I know right now is the Huffington Post says reporters ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||10/04/2012||8||11||-||255|
|Mitt Romney is About the 100%?!
Mitt Romney has made plenty of gaffes and controversial comments, and there is certainly no lack of criticism from within his own party, or without. But in trying to put out the fire that he started ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||09/21/2012||1||4||-||81|
|Even if Obama Wins, America May Still Lose
Kos just posted an article titled Obama is Winning, Period , and I tend to agree with this assessment, but I have to follow it up with a big fat so what? To paraphrase something Harvey Weinstein ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||08/02/2012||33||6||-||291|
|What's Wrong With Occupy
I didn't go to the May Day protests. I did my best to keep up with the coverage though, and aside from the few instances of mayhem that made everyone look bad, and the police brutality that made ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||05/09/2012||49||1||-||219|
|Stop the Redistribution of Wealth!
Let's not pretend that wealth has ever been distributed evenly, or that the rich and powerful have never sought to exploit the poor and powerless. The reality is that wealth gets redistributed all ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||05/08/2012||29||3||1||107|
|The People's Primer: On Government
The following is one of the opening sections of The People's Primer, a project being put together by the Concerned Citizens Coalition, The Movement to Restore Sanity, and the Save America Movement. ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||05/03/2012||3||-||-||43|
|I Confess: I'm A Conservative
I’ve made it a point the last few years of talking to a lot of self-described Libertarians, and the increasingly rare breed known as moderate Republicans in order to understand their thoughts on ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||02/02/2012||36||12||-||308|
|When the Revolution Comes
A message for the 1% by Michael McStokes It is a most disconcerting feeling to those on their way to their place of employment to be faced with parks, streets, ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||01/10/2012||12||22||-||207|
|Occupy the GOP
|Frank Lee Speaking||12/22/2011||15||7||-||154|
|Why We Occupy
A t the last general assembly I attended in Los Angeles’ Solidarity Park, on the night the occupiers first expected to get evicted, the focus topic of the evening was “Why We ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||11/30/2011||9||10||-||69|
|Hope is a tattered flag and a dream of time.
An Excerpt from The People, Yes by Carl Sandburg. 1936. And who is the people? The people is Everyman, everybody. Everybody is you and me and all others. What everybody says is what we all say. ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||11/23/2011||2||5||1||46|
|Letting the 1% Make Our Arguments For Us
Frankly speaking, the 1% can make our argument for us better than anyone else. So here's what I'm doing. I'm taking CitiGroup's 2005 ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||11/18/2011||12||15||1||116|
|Occupy is a Terrible Name for a Movement
Before too many people get all up in arms over the title, let me just say that I stand in solidarity with the Occupy demonstrators, and cannot even begin to express my gratitude for what they have ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||11/16/2011||13||5||-||129|
|99 Quotes to Occupy Your Mind
Part 1 of 12: On The People We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||11/12/2011||3||9||1||64|
|Re: Ohio's Amendment to Prohibit Health Care Mandates, Liberty, Socialism, and Democratic Strategy
An open letter Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Florida Congresswoman, DNC Chair, and Vice Chair of the House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee.
|Frank Lee Speaking||11/10/2011||6||2||-||70|
|99% Isn't Enough: We're All In This Together
If we put our trust in the common sense of common men and 'with malice toward none and charity for all' go forward on the great adventure of making political, economic and social ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||11/08/2011||23||7||-||114|
|We Are Here To Inspire A Movement
by Ruth Bonnet I went to New York last week to scatter the ashes of Jack, my beloved border collie of 12 years, who lived with me there before we moved to Los Angeles. I ...
|Frank Lee Speaking||10/23/2011||14||23||-||187|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Frank Lee Speaking
- "You don't think my flags are the right size? Well, then you're fired." (Rebecca Cook/Reuters) On Wednesday, Mitt Romney brings his campaign to Florida for a speech and a fundraiser. He will no ...108 comments 85 Recs
- This is Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND), giving an amazingly prescient speech on the eve of the passage of Gramm Leach Bliley on November 4th, 1999. No senator who was in the chamber ...197 comments 628 Recs
- And What To Replace Them With We talk about the "Death Tax" and not "Estate Tax." Two little words "Death Panels" were capable of nearly derailing the best thing that's happened to health insurance ...353 comments 735 Recs
- Nick Hanauer is a very rich, wildly successful business man. His company, aQuantive, was purchased by Microsoft in 2007 for $6.4 billion. He founded gear.com, which merged with Overstock.com, and he ...86 comments 424 Recs
- Pink Hope 22 (137 comments 140 Recs
- I am watching Rachel Maddow, including the clips on Rick Santorum's idiotic response first to small child asking about making medicine more affordable, then a mother of a child with cancer who noted ...17 comments 26 Recs
- Before you buy too heavily into the self-congratulatory back-patting of the mainstream media about the LAPD’s humanity during its raid of Occupy Los Angeles on the night of November 29-30, please ...86 comments 135 Recs
- It's official: they'll take everything, including the kitchen sink. You may have heard about the kerfuffle at Dewey Square last night. Google "Occupy Boston sink" and you'll see that the story has ...54 comments 97 Recs
- So now, LA is Evicted. Philly is Evicted. Boston is battling an impending eviction with a TRO. Soon now I think we not see these as legal defeats for the rights of Free Speech and Redress of ...20 comments 35 Recs
- There's been a great deal said about the Occupy Movement in the past two months. Some of it in support and praise, some of it in criticism. Many have admired their courage, while others have ...120 comments 52 Recs
Frank Lee Speaking's Tags
- No current results.