Below you'll find recent contributions related to Freelance Escapologist's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Intelligence Failure, Memory Loss and the Truth About Bush's War
Originally posted at Fair and Unbalanced "Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?" -- Groucho Marx "We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while ...
|Jeb Bush gets all the Pinocchios for ISIS statements
Jeb Bush has tried valiantly to shake off his disastrous Iraq statements, including a lame ...
|Memorial Day: Honoring Soldiers Who Were Driven by Core American Values
On this Memorial Day, I'm grateful that Barack Obama is in the White House and that our great nation has not entered into another unnecessary, life-and-freedom-crushing war. Knowing that integrity ...
|A Modern Tale of Ali Baba - Yaga
My name is Ali Baba - Yaga. I was born and raised in the United States of America. I am a second generation Persian American. I like describing myself as a Persian. There is more Glory and ...
|Obama's Shades of Grey in Iraq
The hawks are at it again. All the things we have heard before are coming back. Obama must do more. He is feckless. He has no strategy. He is scared to use American force. He does not believe in ...
|Top Comments - Investments in Self
While out driving, earlier, I saw a young woman running along the road, on the sidewalk. A little further along, it was an elderly gentleman, also running. From their ‘gear,’ it was clear that ...
|Cartoon: The bad intelligence
Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||71|
|Is ISIS Disintegrating ???
Word out of Iraq from yesterday is quite different the what I see in the morning war coverage out of MSM/corporate media. -- Over in Iraq the coalition has set up two large-scale victories in the ...
|EVERYTHING IS KRISTOL CLEAR
THE WORDLY WISDOM(?) OF WILLIAM KRISTOL May 20, 2015 "We were right to invade Iraq in 2003 to remove Saddam Hussein, and to complete the job we should have finished in 1991. " March 1, ...
|The Economist: "Caliphate Strikes Back." The Coalition corrects Iraq map, surrounds Mosul
The Economist tries to get it right. The center of Ramadi is indeed under ISIS control. That's "ISIS" as an acronym for Islamic State Is Shxt. What matters most in Iraq goes to three things: --
|Cartoon - What Time Is Check-Out Time In Ramadi?
Check out my site, Claytoonz . Follow me on Twitter .
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Despite Republican attacks, Obama is 'very clear on the lessons of Iraq'
|Cartoon: Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love
Jeb Bush has performed a valuable service with his recent missteps and flubs , he’s reminded ...
|George W. Bush Did Something Much Worse Than Lie Us Into War
The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as ...
|Hillary Clinton Never Supported the Bush/Cheney Invasion of Iraq
"She voted for the war!" "She's an unapologetic hawk!" "She's just another Dick Cheney when it comes to foreign policy!" These are the charges I've heard over and over again for years...and as a ...
|Crank Up the Echo Chambers of 2006: More RW calls for new US ground war in the Levant
Yep, we need 10,000 to 20,000 more "necessary enablers" from a group created by the Bush administrations along with all that de-Baathification, awakening, and ...
|Republicans hope ISIS will help them fearmonger their way to the White House
Republicans think they can get voters to forget who's really ...
|Cartoon: On Iraq: W.W.J.H.D.? (What Would Jeb Have Done?)
READ Ruben Bolling's brand new book for kids, Alien Invasion in My Backyard: An EMU Club Adventure !...
|Whistling Past Marcel's at Midnight
Just to catch a whiff of some damn fine cuisine as we wait for the other shoe to drop and maybe catch a whiff of what the Ubers and Filthys* are up to. We're up late Jibbering our Jabber about ...
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|How A Frustrated Progressive Becomes A Conspiracy Nut
Lately I've been trying to get my head around why, for so long, I've been selling myself on increasingly elaborate conspiracy theories to the point where they no longer resembled anything I could ...
|Rose City Rose||05/20/2015||16|
|The Ever-Mutating Iraq Call to Arms: A Recollection
Hey everyone. My first diary in a long while. Something I've been mulling for years and just never seen articulated quite in this way. So here goes, and I'll try to keep it short. All this recent ...
|pistols at dawn||05/20/2015||43|
|They Lie- Iraq Edition
They lie. They really have no choice. Reality does have a liberal bias. Therefore, the only chance Republicans have to win a debate is to lie. One of the longest running lies is that the media ...
|Jeb Bush declares 'ISIS didn't exist when my brother was president,' gets mugged by reality||Jon Perr||05/20/2015||198|
|Cartoon: I'm my own man!
Terrible Presidential candidate Jeb Bush has had a very hard time distancing himself from his brother George Jr., the worst President in US history. Okay, maybe he is showing some of them ...
|Gary Hart was right on Iraq, then and now
In the wake of Jeb Bush's whiplash-producing reversal last week, the U.S. media is engaged in a feeding frenzy over who would have supported the Iraq war " knowing what we know now ." ...
|Clinton aces the Iraq question, GOP still stumbling
While there are certainly foreign policy issues that will ...
|Follow Up To Asymmetric Warfare Post
This is just a follow up to my asymmetric warfare post of a few weeks ago. Love last weeks raid to get the ISIL Oil Minister, but that should just be the beginning. When you hold and govern land, ...
Recommended by Freelance Escapologist
- The Vice President's 44 year old son, Beau Biden, who is the attorney general of Delaware and served a tour in Iraq, is currently hospitalized at an undisclosed location in Houston, TX after ...81 comments 503 Recs
- About five times a day, here at the Great Orange Satan, someone yells POPCORN! I myself am guilty of this. And because I'm so suggestable, it often motivates me to (horrors) leave my keyboard for a ...46 comments 19 Recs
- Orson Scott Card just can't help himself. You'd figure with the boycott of the motion picture based on his novel Ender's Game ( http://...144 comments 86 Recs
- The Quarry By Iain Banks A rambling old home stands at the edge of a windswept moor. Behind it, a yawning quarry draws ever nearer, each blast ...27 comments 32 Recs
- So we received something in the mail on Friday that I never ever dreamed happening in my life. Growing up and knowing in my heart that I was gay, well I knew marriage was out of the picture. Well ...44 comments 39 Recs
- I'm crossing my fingers and hope this exercise will be productive. My intention for writing this diary is to get people from both extremes of the liberal/progressive political spectrum ( and ...172 comments 58 Recs
- A very frightened, 11 year old little girl conjured up the courage to ask her Congressman, Republican Scott DesJarlais, a question at the Murfreesboro,TN town hall meeting he was hosting on Thursday ...155 comments 297 Recs
- I'm just going to throw this one out there because it really needs no explanation . There’s no such thing as financial crime, ...111 comments 98 Recs
- There is a time every summer when the day is bright and hot, but there is a crystalline quality to the air that lets you know this is it, the end of summer has arrived and the fall is going to start.133 comments 159 Recs
- Yesterday it was revealed that Google claims Gmail users have no reasonable expectation their emails are private . This revelation came out in the midst of the whole NSA brouhaha. My comment was ...69 comments 50 Recs
Freelance Escapologist's Blogroll
- No current results.