Posting History for GEldridge
|Ferguson's best hope
Missouri Governor Nixon is deploying the state National Guard, while according to news reports the St. Louis Military Police have drawn up plans to do battle with their taxpayers and of course the ...
|An American Tragedy
My apologies to Theodore Dreiser for stealing his title, but the jury's verdict in the George Zimmerman trial suggests that the price our "exceptional" Republic continues to pay for its past embrace ...
|A lurker comes out
My Daily Kos profile says I joined the site on 29 September 2004...9 years ago! Wow!! How time flies...!! It also rates my diary frequency at "seldom" and my commenting frequency at "often." However,
The forced grounding of Bolivian President Morales' airplane over European airspace this week hints at an intense level of desperation if not panic among US security organizations over the Snowden ...
|War on Women...or a Lot More?
The ongoing religious right's assault on reproductive rights brings me back to a dining hall conversation in the '60s during my Jesuit university undergraduate days. At one bull session I recall a ...
|When do we hit rock bottom?
Based on postings and comments, there is little doubt that nearly everyone who reads and participates in Daily Kos feels that the Bush Administration represents a huge distortion of American culture ...
|Why Doesn't the Demo Leadership Get It?||GEldridge||09/09/2006||6||-||-||-|
|An Immodest Proposal||GEldridge||08/22/2006||8||5||-||7|
|This Week in Review: 1984, Meet Soviet America||GEldridge||08/12/2006||5||2||-||1|
|Hate Bush? Nah. Can't Be Bothered.||GEldridge||08/05/2006||34||24||8||146|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by GEldridge
- The St Louis Police Officers Association spokesman who said that the St. Louis Rams' "Hands up, don't shoot" gesture was “ tasteless, offensive and inflammatory ” has been schooled with a sharp ...45 comments 200 Recs
- I meet you all the time. You hate Obama. You hate gay people. You hate black people, immigrants, Muslims, labor unions, women who want the right to make choices concerning their bodies, you ...305 comments 1534 Recs
- LOOK OUT EVERYONE HE'S REALLY REALLY TAN This may be the stupidest conservative panic to come over the ...301 comments 399 Recs
- Today, a fellow Kossack dropped me a friend request on Facebook, and I got to thinking about how long it's been since I've written anything here. The GoS has been my home for nearly ten years, but ...205 comments 402 Recs
- The fall out from the Hobby Lobby decision continues, and the follow-on rulings make it clear that the conservative majority on the Supreme Court is going to use "freedom of religion" and ...65 comments 129 Recs
- A souvenir home run ball swatted by Sen. Mark Udall, caught deep in the center field stands Charles Koch toes the rubber. Pitching from the stretch. ...67 comments 68 Recs
- “And the three men I admire most The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost They caught the last train for the coast The day the music died…” So ends the last verse of Don McLean’s classic rock song ��12 comments 7 Recs
- Following Citizens United, the Supreme Court has now taken their second step forward in accomplishing a massive relaxation of the rules on political contributions. I applaud this trend, but fear ...69 comments 148 Recs
- the midterms are truly terrifying right now. So I was thinking. We're not doing too well getting our people excited, but I was thinking ,if we can get them ANGRY enough they'll do something ...21 comments 5 Recs
- Guess the taxpayers are on the hook for [that little shindighttp://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2013/12/joe_arpaio_loses_new_times_co-.php] The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors this ...110 comments 446 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.