Posting History for Gary of Austin
|Rejected letter to my Congressman
When Michael McCaul (R-Texas 10th District) replaced Lloyd Doggett as my representative in Congress, I signed up for his e-mail newsletter. I like to know what the people who represent me in ...
|Gary of Austin||10/14/2013||5||8||-||-|
|Lindsey Graham, I want answers NOW!
Today on Face the Nation , Lindsey Graham expressed his outrage at the deficits in our intelligence regarding the Benghazi affair. Why didn’t we know what was happening there? Why did it take so ...
|Gary of Austin||12/02/2012||69||207||1||-|
|Why Class Size Matters
Today I’ve been reading the stories about Mitt Romney’s comments that class sizes don’t matter in how well students do in school, and I’m turning the keyboard over to an experienced high ...
|Gary of Austin||05/28/2012||24||10||-||99|
I grew up in a family of Roosevelt Democrats, who believed in the New Deal. They grew up in the Dust Bowl days, and their families knew how to stretch a penny. I became a Republican in my ...
|Gary of Austin||05/28/2012||6||7||-||62|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Gary of Austin
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...197 comments 480 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...603 comments 787 Recs
- The House of Representatives recently voted to eliminate the estate tax . Because of the recent vote, the topic may come up in conversations with people you know. This is an easy case to “win” ...104 comments 137 Recs
- National Public Radio (NPR) played its interview with Martin O'Malley this morning. Interviewing him was Steve Inskeep. Inskeep asked O'Malley several questions over a broad range of topics. Below ...335 comments 318 Recs
- in his Friday New York Times column, titled Where Government Excels . He begins by noting that some Dems are FINALLY talking about such an approach, then offers two general arguments in support of ...90 comments 165 Recs
- I'm a Family Doctor whose private practice was recently purchased by our local hospital system. It's not uncommon. We were purchased 3 years ago along with many other practices because the hospital ...97 comments 259 Recs
- How often have I heard or seen this phrase, "I want my country back," used over the years since I was born in 1956, in Raleigh, North Carolina? I can't give you a precise number, but I can tell ...333 comments 836 Recs
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) Can Ted Cruz win Iowa and New Hampshire?24 comments 31 Recs
- IF a terrorist group found a way to poison the air and water millions of Americans depend on, IF they found a way to inflict long-lasting effects on health and well-being while ...6 comments 12 Recs
- Remember a couple weeks ago when McCain, FOX and the GOP were all saying "Obama misread Putin... and now we are paying a heavy price for it"? Well, looks like they were the ones misreading Putin. ...476 comments 419 Recs
Gary of Austin's Tags
Gary of Austin's Blogroll
- No current results.