Below you'll find recent contributions related to Gay CA Democrat's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Small Organic Business of Minority Owner Needs Your 2 Clicks
|The Inoculation Project 5/31/2015: STEM Activities & Books
Solid science education is the best inoculation against ignorance.
|Remarkable People: Celtic Lassie; 1988-2015
Her name was Brandi Nicole Stanley. Please remember her. She lost her battle with cancer the evening of Memorial Day, last Monday. I was with her, holding her hand, as I had promised. Brandi,
|Kitchen Table Kibitzing 5/29/15
Because I only signed up for Facebook in a desperate attempt to find out what was going on with state and local candidates (yes, the local media here is awful when it comes to covering politics), ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Commentary: African American Scientists and Inventors by Black Kos Editor, Sephius1 Henry Ransom Cecil McBay (1914–1995) was an African - American chemist and a teacher. McBay was born "Henry ...
|Mysterious tar balls wash ashore popular beach near Los Angeles
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water..... This can't be good: A slick of unidentified tar-like ...
|Battleground Texas threatens to sue Texas over widespread voter disenfranchisement
Today, Battleground Texas' Legal Director Mimi Marziani sent a letter formally notifying Texas Secretary of State Carlos H. Cascos that Battleground Texas is prepared to file a lawsuit if the ...
|A quick call to action in Ca
Those of you who know the disability community in Ca, also likely know the Lanterman Act . It has provided the legal underpinning for what was once the world leading support for the disabled in Ca.
|LA Kossacks venture to the Valley next Sunday
It's been a while and we need to regroup, discuss the state of affairs, come up with new ideas and have fun. On the fun side, we are going to try a potluck A potluck is a gathering of people where ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile: Reader/lurker survey, with poll
Thoughts about Black Kos, (with a poll) Commentary by Black Kos Editor Denise Oliver-Velez After reading and responding to many of the detailed and thoughtful comments, in " How ...
|The Grieving Room: Memorial Day Open Thread
I am posting this as an Open Thread for people who want a place to gather. Many people today are grieving family and friends who served and/or died in uniform. Others are grieving deaths that ...
|Black Kos, Week In Review
Marijuana - The Playing Field is not Level Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar I don't smoke. I have never lit up a joint in my life. But I know a lot about the good ol' Mary Jane . I can ...
|The Taliban in Our Midst
[Mikey Weinstein]: This guest Op-Ed from my dear friend, Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) Advisory Board member, and former Secretary of State Colin Powell’s Chief of Staff Lawrence ...
|CA-Sen: Watch Kamala Harris (D) Rock The California Democratic Party Convention
Received this e-mail today from Attorney General Kamala Harris' (D. CA) U.S. Senate campaign:
|California will allow pharmacists to dispense birth control (and Oregon may be next)
California pharmacists can already dispense emergency contraception, so why not birth control pills? SB 493, signed in to law on October 1, 2013, expands the role of pharmacists as health care ...
|Los Angeles city council says yes to $15 minimum wage
Los Angeles is becoming the third major American city to ...
|Black Kos, Tuesday's Chile
I still tear up every time I watch this video. But even then, we knew that it was not enough. Far from it. Is "Black Leadership" Enough? Not For These Young Adults by Chitown Kev Like many other ...
Recommended by Gay CA Democrat
- An African-American family out in New York's Long Island received an anonymous racist letter from someone in the Village of Lindenhurst. Darcell Copes received the letter, it reads:73 comments 245 Recs
- 144 comments 73 Recs
- photo credit: Backbone campaign, flr The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the U.S. Department of State, ...199 comments 90 Recs
- Look, I used to be an actor in a union job A Walmart anti-union video leaked onto the internet yesterday. It's been pulled down from YouTube. UPDATE: It's back up! Walmart has had problems with ...110 comments 127 Recs
- I have been disabled for about 6 years now. It's amazing the number of people who look at you and assume you are faking it. I'm not a light weight person, in fact I'm carrying far too much ...28 comments 45 Recs
- Secret hypocritical double life? There's an app for that. Reverend Matthew Makela was recently listed on the St. John's Lutheran Church website as a devoted husband and father of five children. But,336 comments 225 Recs
- Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...93 comments 272 Recs
- Coma-Doof Warrior plays some chords and expels some fire in George Miller's 'Mad Max: Fury Road' It's the year 2015, and the future isn't exactly the place many have dreamed about. While we might ...53 comments 38 Recs
- Police, apparently from the 30th precinct near West Harlem in New York City, attempted to illegally detain two teenage girls from the community. As you will see in the video below the fold, these ...273 comments 248 Recs
- Payless Furniture Outlet in Lawrence, Kansas has finally, once and for all, closed their doors. But not before a few final shots could be thrown at the town they leave behind. Lawrence, KS, one of ...324 comments 263 Recs
Gay CA Democrat's Tags
- No current results.
Gay CA Democrat's Blogroll
- No current results.