I have thrown together an Excel database that permits one to track the voting differentials between 2008 and the current 2-12 results.
1. All totals are from David Leip's Atlas of Presidential Electionx site which can be found here: Atlas of Presidential Elections
2. Current vote totals are through this aftenoon (11/12/21)
3. You can receive the database via email and update it more returns come in if you leave me a message requesting it. (It is laid out slightly differently than it appears here.
4. I also have Excel databases that give Electoral College data from 1860-2012 - and which track state voting margins for 2012 alone. Just ask for them as well if you would like them.
A few things to note after the jump and the charts.....
Think the right to vote should be restricted or made contingent upon some arbitrary variable?
Then have a look at how things might have been had Republicans gotten their way anywhere along the line.
The article author gives us 5 looks at the Electoral College - with individual demographic groups omitted along the way.....
Want to see the aftermath of the 'Reagan Revolution" of 1980-1988?
Well savor it below - a summary of four major national election metrics and measures, starting with the Election on 1988:
Please take a look at this snapshot of the final EV Map and the results from the 9 BATTKEGROUND STATES.......
*In the ACTUAL map, Alaska had yet to b e called - but of course, we know how it went.
51 for 51!!!
Keep up the great 'skewing', my friend!
Here is how it unfolded in 30-minute chunks!
You can watch the results on Facebook - broken out in a myriad of categories - here:
Here is a capsule summary of the FINAL ELECTION CALLS by the individuals or groups I used in my daily updates.
This will be the FINAL update!! I have placed ALL the charts and graphs and election trivia in one handy-dandy location for my fellow Kossacks! I will re-post it tomorrow morning as well!! It has been a pleasure to amass this data and share it with my brothers and sisters.
First - the BIG PICTURE:
And the FINAL CHANGES I will include (and late alterations orminor fine-tuning will not have any effect on this CONSENSUS:
CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE:
ELECTORAL VOTE DISTRIBUTION:
PrincetonConsortium moves OBAMA to 310 from 303l Romney to 228 from 235
BATTLEGROUND STATE DESIGNATION:
One of the few slender threads that Team Mittens has to cling to is the idea that 'Undecideds are Goin to break for Romney" - and overcome the small deficit that Romney now faces in almost every national poll.
Of course, even if national polls meant anything - which they do not - the evidence today is for precisely the opposite.
Join me over the orange freeway interchange.......
The general consensus of prognosticators seems to be coalescing around the following Electoral College Map:
Recommended by GayIthacan
- Conventional wisdom would suggest that Mark Sanford's effort to retake his congressional seat should have ended with Wednesday's revelation that he'd been caught trespassing on his ex-wife Jenny's ...62 comments 65 Recs
- Nailed it! According to the Atlantic's Rebecca Greenfield, there were only three pundits, out of 74 she tracked, who called ...308 comments 362 Recs
- Yes, Politico. Each morning I get an email from Mike Allen featuring what is in his Political Playbook. Allow me to offer the first paragraph of this morning's: MORNING MINDMELD : As an antidote ...204 comments 401 Recs
- Watch live video here and join the conversation as we live blog the 2012 Democratic ...514 comments 46 Recs
- So Komen is desperately hoping that they have capped their gushing PR disaster by making conciliatory statements about Planned Parenthood. Uh, no. The pendulum has simply swung the other way. Pro-...245 comments 255 Recs
- President Barack Obama is closely matched against each of four possible Republican opponents when registered voters are asked whom they would support if the 2012 presidential election ...34 comments 6 Recs
- I know, I know, this really isn't diary worthy - so take it for what it's worth. Anyway, at TPM, one of Josh's readers was out for a birthday dinner in Washington, and spots ...44 comments 29 Recs
- Twitter: TGIF: Can't believe we made it through another week -- BUT I'm really, really, really glad I have my stoopid job though ;-) Here;s a link http://www.businessweek.com/...74 comments 10 Recs
- Far be it for me to advise the Obama campaign on what to say at Wednesday's debate--they've got that well-covered, obviously--there is one response, one salvo that will sink the S.S. McCain for good.473 comments 1137 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.