Posting History for Glacial Erratic
|Death Threats and Taxes
Several Pennsylvania legislators - 4 of 5 of whom are Republicans - have received threats and harassment after being featured in a Wanted-style poster for their opposition to a property tax bill, HB ...
|PA-Gov Corbett receives "F" for the environment
PennEnvironment released its evaluation of Governor Tom Corbett's environmental record. Big Surprise: it ain't good. PennEnvironment’s report card includes some of the most hotly-debated ...
|Bill Cahir, former Dem candidate for PA-05, killed in Afghanistan
This is just awful. If any of you were following the race for the open seat in PA-05 last fall, either in my diaries, or otherwise, Bill Cahir's name will be familiar to you. He was one of three ...
|Specter in State College, PA this morning
I attended the town hall in State College this morning, along with about 400 others. An additional 1600 or so were shut out in the overflow.
|Penn State students made to vote provisionally
Here's a quickie to alert everyone what's happening in Centre County, PA From Common Cause : Word has just come in from ...
|PA-05: GOP worried; Dem McCracken could win
Boy, it's a really bad year for Republicans if they have to sweat hanging on to Pennsylvania's 5th Congressional district. But that seems to be what's happening. I've been hearing rumors of internal ...
|PA-05: We Are Penn State, and we saved the day
What's that? Tired of Pennsylvania. I know. I just wanted to share this with everyone so they can appreciate just what young voters did for Obama on Tuesday (actually, it started months before ...
|PA-05: east vs. west, or why I was so wrong
Congratulations to Mark McCracken , the Democratic nominee for Pennsylvania's 5th district. I've said numerous times I would be happy with ...
|PA-05: 12 candidate sextravaganza! with video!
Did I hook you with the title? There is video, and there is a sex scandal. Scandaliscious details on the flip . . . It's getting close now to Pennsylvania's primary on Tuesday, and I probably won't ...
|PA-05: Update: Walker charged! the Republicans go negative, w/ videos
Update: Holy crap. This rumor has been going around the comment boards but now Walker has been charged with ...
|Updated: Obama camp response to BitterGate protests
This is a follow-up to 2 diaries yesterday (one from poblano and one ...
|PA-05: UPDATE - Peterson endorses! fundraising; race narrowing
UPDATE: Peterson has endorsed Glenn Thompson! Well, this changes the dynamic a bit. There will be no western ...
|PA-05: GOP spending and internal polling
Watching the 9-man GOP free-for-all primary race for Pennsylvania's only open seat is pretty entertaining. Keep it real ugly, boys - it only helps the eventual Democratic nominee. (For those not ...
|PA-05: Uh-oh, Club for Growth backs Shaner
Hi all PA 5th-ers and other interested parties. I've been on vacation and have missed a lot of activity here. I missed Obama speaking to ...
|PA-05: The wingnuttiest candidate Part 2
Yesterday I rated 4 of the 9 Republicans running for the nomination in this open seat district on a wingnuterry scale. ...
|PA-05: Rating the wingnuttiest GOP candidate
There are 12 candidates running to replace the retiring John Peterson in Pennsylvania's 5th Congressional district, 9 Republicans and 3 Democrats. This is a large, mostly rural district in northwest/...
|PA-05: comparing 3 Dems on healthcare
The 12-man field in Pennsylvania's only open seat race keeps plugging along, now with added attention since the Obama and Clinton campaigns have set up shop here and are making a massive push for ...
|PA-05: Comparing 3 Dem Candidates: Economy
Here is my second diary comparing the 3 Democratic candidates in Pennsylvania's 5th Congressional district, Mark McCracken ,
|PA-05: Can we flip it?
Ahhh, primary season . . An open Congressional seat. An historic and inspiring close presidential primary race. Does it get any better for a political junkie in Pennsylvania? I think not. I'm going ...
|The Keystone State
I'm not exactly happy about last night's events (I really thought Obama would pull off Texas) but I'm pretty excited about all the attention that will be lavished on me, yes ME, over the next 7 weeks.
|PA-05: Comparing 3 Dem candidates: Iraq
I have been writing about the race in my distirct, Pennsylvania's 5th, since right after incumbent Republican John "drill drill drill" Peterson announced his surprise retirement in January. First, ...
|PA-05: Dem primary developments
All 3 of the Democratic Candidates running to replace retiring Rep. John Peterson in Pennsylvania's 5th district now have websites and ActBlue pages. Bill Cahir: ...
|Pennsylvania matters . . maybe
Though I'm safely on the O-train, I kind of hope that Hillary Clinton survives March 4th somehow. If she does, that means my own perennially too-late-to-the-game Pennsylvania will be receiving 6 ...
|PA-05: GOP hopeful Keith Richardson reads DKos
My last diary was a run-down of the 12 candidates who have filed to replace retiring Rep. John Peterson. Looking at my previous diaries, it should be clear that I read a lot about this race. Oh, the ...
|PA-05: 12 candidates filed petitions
It's official . 9 Republicans and 3 Democrats will vie for the nomination to replace retiring Rep. John Peterson. Yesterday was ...
|PA-05: Paul Hackett endorses Bill Cahir
Of the 4 democrats running for the nomination to replace retiring Rep. John Peterson, ...
|PA-05: Meet the Democrats
We are up to 4 declared Democratic candidates in the hunt for the soon-to-be open 5th district seat. 2 of these candidates have declared in the last week, and I will rehash some of what I've written ...
|PA-05: latest updates on crowded field
Lots happening behind the scenes in Pennsylvania's 5th District, among the Republicans at least. 2 of them have dropped out, and another has entered. Dan Klees will not run due to a family illness, ...
|PA-05: both primaries fill up
There have been some more overnight developments in the race to replace retiring Rep. John Peterson. Yesterday, ...
|PA-05: a fighting Dem enters the race
Woo-hoo! A Democrat has stepped up to take a crack at this long-shot race. His name: Bill Cahir. I don't know anything more about him ...
|PA-05: Exarchos to challenge Shaner in primary
The race to replace retiring GOP Congressman John Peterson is getting interestinger and interestinger. This is a rural R+10 district, so the hopes of a turnover are small, but the Republicans sure ...
|PA-05: Neither Corman, Conklin running
To the small group of people who care about the inner workings of the lovely 5th Congressional district of PA: Republican State Sen. Jake Corman, the prohibitive favorite to succeed Peterson,
|Turkish troops into Iraq; Kirkuk referendum delayed
Things are going swimmingly in Iraq. About 300 Turkish soldiers, carrying only light weapons, entered an area of the ...
Tell me if this sounds familiar: "We hard-working, regular people of [insert state name here] already pay for those freeloading people in [insert city name here]." In particular, I'm referring to ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Glacial Erratic
- Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...236 comments 335 Recs
- Talk about turning some damning news into a ray of sunshine. Several of them, if you count the number of frenetic Tweets. First the crux of the "bad news" for Chris Christie announced today ... ...90 comments 67 Recs
- TPM has someone in the courthouse in Newark relaying the events. Link if you want the news straight from them. The headline item: David Wildstein is pleading guilty to and factual claims he is ...143 comments 290 Recs
- The NY Times is [reporting http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/02/nyregion/christie-ally-expected-to-plead-guilty-in-george-washington-bridge-lane-closing-case.html?_r=0] that three figures in the George ...50 comments 55 Recs
- Mother Jones magazine reported that police actions triggered the riot.113 comments 334 Recs
- It was only a two-minute drive between the police station and where Freddie Gray was arrested. Why, then, did it take 30 minutes? So many egregious ...228 comments 257 Recs
- Story by Pamela Hess, UPI Pentagon Correspondent [not The Onion ] Rumsfeld: Looting is transition to freedom [F]reedom's untidy. And free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes and do ...103 comments 278 Recs
- Thirty-five years ago, babies born in the U.S. had an infant mortality rate equal to Germany. Today, American babies die at twice the rate of those in Germany. Thirty-five years ago, the U.S. ...192 comments 473 Recs
- Sometimes I feel like I live in a far-off land caught in a time warp. In Orion Magazine James Krupa writes with eloquence and humor about one of the toughest jobs in 21st Century America: teaching ...320 comments 247 Recs
- I had a request to do a diary about entertainers who served in the military. Turns out it wasn't as easy as I thought. This is in no way a comprehensive list. There were just too many to work with. ...630 comments 449 Recs