Posting History for Grey Panther
|Aaron Quits too soon
Aaron too hot for Havana. Havana IL, home of the Ducks, not Havana Cuba, home of cigars. Actually, Cuba IL is close to Havana but in the 17th District. Mr. Schock would have great photo ops if he ...
|Farmers an Endangered Species
Yes farmers are an endangered species but not for the reasons most will imagine. A reflection on a real life couple as they suffer a setback in their farm careers. So here is the ...
|VP Ryan suggests Thanksgiving Address
If Paul Ryan was now the vice president, he might suggest president Romney re-issue Lincoln's first Thanksgiving proclamation given 150 years ago. With just a few minor additions and revisions to ...
|My story is about socialism?
I wrote a short story. It is titled the Death of Peter Rabbit; it has nothing much to do with the story book character. It is really about growing up. Anyway it was published on the Huffington Post, ...
|email to: Jim Messina, No Donation Requested
Dear Mr. Messina and the Obama Campaign: I would like to ask you to transform our political process. Some would say it is a lot to ask, others would claim you have already done it. I believe it is ...
|Dramatic Transformation - Inspiration from Abe
In the rush before election day, many weren't able to look forward to the Day After. I hope today you do realize there is still a long fight. There is still a desperate need. Opportunity abounds it ...
|Time of turmoil, a visit with Abe
I have been relieved Obama is trending to a win, but rather troubled by our political climate. Even God slapping the tin foil hats off the right-wing climate deniers is not enough to allow a ...
Being old I remember 2000. in a long ago age, we had a Democratic President, budget surpluses were paying down the long term debt. "The U.S. unemployment rate fell to 3.9 percent in September, ...
|Age of Dudgeon
Age of Dudgeon A proposed balm for your angst We are about to enter the long season of horse race politics. A priori presumption, anything can happen before November, other favorite clichés here.
|Become the Hostage Takers
The Tea'ers have become influential not because they hold President Obama or our economy hostage, but because they hold the GOP hostage. If we (we, as in those of us whose ideas and interests are ...
|Appeal to Reason: then the Response
I tried to appeal to my Facebook friends to insist on Compromise and Reason. I do not usually do anything political on Facebook. I wanted people to watch Bruce Bartlett on Hardball as featured in ...
|14th & Constitution a bigger rally than Tea Party?
House Dems are organizing a political stage show. Trying to keep up with their GOP/Tea'er counterparts in outdoor theater. I would imagine with some promotion this event could have a far higher ...
|Sun Tzu, Gettysburg, and Debt Ceiling
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. A. Lincoln 1863 The History Channel has ...
|Caterpillar stop whining
Caterpillar is trying to blackmail Illinois, such a patriotic bunch. Here is a way they can make more money and help their home base. Maybe, they would prefer to move to Beijing. Rails to ...
Everyone on Facebook has friends who think NPR is biased. I decided to start a Facebook page to challenge people who think NPR is bias to listen for a week. Pick either Morning Edition or All ...
|Wisconsin Recall Info and Map
I think the Wisconsin recall effort is the most important effort that we can undertake, today. I urge everyone to help in some way - Chris Bowers on Kos has laid out how. I have identified recall ...
|Cleaning up the election crock pot
I was an election judge in the November election. It was an interesting experience. I came in at 5 AM got home about 10 PM after our trip to the courthouse. I had to bring food since no one gets ...
|Awash in money add Rebuttal
Our dysfunctional politics has completely failed to stop money from owning the political system. The Supremes said it was all about free speech and free access to the market place of ideas. I have ...
|Winning 2010 - Chicago Style
Obama detractors often throw in phrases, another Chicago Pol or Chicago Style politics. The famed political machine of patronage politics isn't nearly what it ...
|Final Four of the GOP
I love the NCAA March Madness (the “March Madness” slogan belongs to Illinois by the way). I am just using the Final Four, like the dueling Zell Miller, Louis Gohmert (eat to pass it), ...
Examining the Tea Party Movement -- Manipulative Hate Talkers -- Where it goes from ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Grey Panther
- Langston Hughes' poem, " Harlem " has been floating around in my head, as I watch footage from Baltimore. What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like ...188 comments 170 Recs
- At what point do we need to consider that the increasing protest after death at the hand of police is not "rioting", but the beginning of revolution? The revolution is misdirected against police, ...84 comments 57 Recs
- At the American Association of Editorial Cartoonists in Washington, D.C. in 2012, Dan Perkins appears with Sparky the Penguin, his avatar and a leading character in his cartoon This ...59 comments 219 Recs
- 57 comments 69 Recs
- Last week, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) had ...56 comments 47 Recs
- " The most important job I ever had was Precinct Captain ." —Harry S Truman I n the past few months, starting shortly before Christmas, the founder of this blog has several times made comments ...134 comments 208 Recs
- One of the reasons Paul Krugman is routinely marginalized by those with the power to do so is that he has a bad (for them) habit of putting into words what 'polite' people do not want to ...332 comments 588 Recs
- This guy was not—as Oregon state Rep. Bill Post has claimed—a Republican. John Nichols at The Nation writes Mr. Spock ...108 comments 58 Recs
- Slave tag used to identify enslaved workers in Charleston South Carolina. Most of us are familiar with photos of shackles and chains that symbolize the enslavement of Africans during ...170 comments 195 Recs
- Outdoors, you don't need no stinkin' outdoors. As a child growing up in Wisconsin, living in Madison was a wondrous thing—a 15-minute drive in any direction and you would be out in the country. ...229 comments 179 Recs
Grey Panther's Tags
- No current results.
Grey Panther's Blogroll
- No current results.