Below you'll find recent contributions related to Grizzard's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|When American troops were welcomed and remembered
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||65|
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||117|
|$15 minimum wage in L.A. is great. But it was only necessary because a Democratic Congress blew it
If national Democrats had done their job, ...
|Week's High Impact Posts: May 16-22, 2015||jotter||05/24/2015||6|
|Who are more Dangerous: Fleeing Suspects or the Police Officers who Kill them?
Americans used to have rights. Primarily the Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Also we supposedly have the the right to be "secure from unreasonable searches and seizures of ...
|High Impact Posts: May 23, 2015||jotter||05/24/2015||4|
|Absolutely Nothing: A Veteran’s Savage Indictment of the Iraq War
Is the title of this post by someone named Jim Wright, which I think you will want to read. It is a totally brutal putdown of the likes of Mitt Romney and John McCain, of the neocons who pushed us ...
|An image of Hillary Clinton that might surprise you
|How did you begin to unlearn racism?
Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/24/2015||494|
|This week at progressive state blogs: Gov. Kasich plays the suckers; Gov. Bryant writes a dumb op-ed
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says swear words
'And furthermore ...' Ah, the political roast. Those glorious annual events in which politicians and the press get together and say terrible but perfectly true things ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Oil spills; the melting poles; Jeb Bush's climate change arrogance
See OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green ...
|High Impact Posts: May 22, 2015||jotter||05/23/2015||7|
|Say Hello to the Anti-Science Party
"We're associated with being anti-everything," Bush said. "Way too many people believe that Republicans are anti-immigrant, anti-woman, anti-science , anti-gay, anti-worker. Many voters are simply ...
|President Obama honors fallen soldiers in weekly address
President Obama devoted his weekly address to those who have given their lives in service to the country. This weekend also reminds us that, around the world, our men and women in uniform ...
A number with various connotation, none of which are relevant to this reflection. In this case it is merely a measure of longevity in years. My longevity. I can turn to my Facebook page as the ...
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|The Evening Blues - 5-22-15
Welcome! " The Evening Blues" is a casual community diary (published Monday - Friday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography and other things of ...
|Was the War in Iraq a Mistake?
"Seldom in the course of human history have so many sacrificed so dearly to achieve so little." That was a quote within a post, I dared to write (and was dared to write) -- some 2 months ago: Was ...
|On Redemption and Change: How One Man's Story Inspires the Battle to Change Minds and Hearts
In a Columbia office building, one older lawyer discusses and debates the issues of the day with the vigor of a much younger man. You'll have to excuse South Carolina's Tom Turnipseed if it doesn'...
|Pew poll: 75 percent of Republicans want their party to challenge Obama 'more often'
Not satisfied. According to a new Pew poll, the ...
|Howdy Texas! Political News and Information that no Texan Should Miss
The Texas Progressive Alliance doesn't need hindsight to know that invading Iraq was a tragically stupid decision as it brings you this week's roundup. Off the Kuff is pleasantly surprised to hear ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Christie Asks for an Apology -- Then he Asks us to Imagine ... What If?
I think I'll skip the Apology part of his Reputation-makeover tour right now, and instead take a few moments to imagine Chris Christie with his thumb on the Delete button. Hey he asked us to ... "...
|Yup, Clinton can tell the Beltway media to go to hell
Heavens! Is that Hillary with some "everyday Americans"? BLASPHEMY! The same day I lauded ...
|Rick Santorum blasts Fox News for limiting GOP debate to top ten candidates
The announcement that Fox News will be limiting the first Republican primary ...
|High Impact Posts: May 21, 2015||jotter||05/22/2015||4|
Recommended by Grizzard
- America, it's about time we had this talk.94 comments 31 Recs
- Professor David Woodard, the same Clemson professor who responded to the See The Stripes Campaign by dismissing it as "fascism" is conducting "research" that has members of the community ...19 comments 18 Recs
- The following is an excerpt from my forthcoming book, The Culture of Cruelty: How America's Elite Demonize the Poor, Valorize the Rich and Jeopardize the Future (San Francisco: City Lights, 2015) ...140 comments 227 Recs
- Today in NC two innocent men were freed 30 years after being wrongfully convicted of murder. Which means for thirty years the innocent 11 year old girl left lying in a field after being raped and ...204 comments 428 Recs
- I go to school on a plantation. I wish this was a metaphor or some creative ...55 comments 86 Recs
- Rick Perry doesn't understand a lot of stuff, but that rarely stops him from sharing his ignorant notions. Now Perry explains that people's sexual orientation is like substance abuse. Like ...16 comments 18 Recs
- Chester Nez in 1942 and in 2008. The following post includes material from my diary on the code talkers in First Nations News & Views in 2012. In Navajo tradition, when someone dies, it is said ...96 comments 370 Recs
- I've diaried about this young man once before, so this is a bit of an update. I'm a foster parent to a young girl, who has a 16-yo brother. This older brother, along with her older sister, suffered ...22 comments 89 Recs
- About a year and a half ago, a group of Nevada State Troopers, along with a retired police sergeant filed a racketeering lawsuit against the Nevada Highway Patrol. The allegations are shocking. ...149 comments 400 Recs
- Because this is long overdue...239 comments 368 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.