Below you'll find recent contributions related to Gustogirl's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|What Conservatives (And Politico) Still Don’t Understand About Fox News
|An update on the Patriot Act debate
The debate in the Senate about extending the Patriot Act has gotten so bizarre that I suspect it is all kabuki. Mitch McConnell's inability to muster a fillibuster-proof 60 votes for a straight ...
|So what is the GOP strategy for Iraq?
Republican candidates have decided to use the recent setbacks against ISIS as a winning issue in the 2016 election, and it seems to be working. A poll from October shows a majority of ...
|Kansas finds new way to punish the poor
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised to be able to balance the state budget by cutting taxes for the wealthy. That didn't work out. So to help cover the budget gap he has decided to punish the ...
|Just for Wonks & Fellow ALEC Research Junkies
The following links are a treasure trove of info on how, beginning in the 1800s, banks and corporations gained control of our democracy and morphed into ALEC: 1. The History of American Corporate ...
|War on Error||05/21/2015||3|
|Right-Wing Mythology: How Obummer Lost Iraq
Right-wing articles are very entertaining. Did you know that we won the Iraq War? I didn't. At least Bush won Iraq before Obama lost Iraq. I've discovered from reading right-wing sources ...
|GOP candidates running for Dubya's Third Term
Even before the Fall of Ramadi the GOP presidential candidates were foaming-at-the-mouth war hawks. It'll only get worse . The message itself is coming through clearly—at the “summit” of ...
|Wikileaks update: TPP ~ Revelations
Frankly, I never dreamed that when I posted a diary here during the Bush years titled "Listen up, Whistleblowers!" it would end up on the Wikileaks page, ( Link ) much less, still be relevant during ...
|Don Quijones: “The Global Trade Corporatocracy Slams into Local Resistance”
[Diarist's Note: Wolf Street Publisher Wolf Richter has provided written, blanket authorization to the diarist to reproduce his blog's posts in their entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos ...
|Our Approaching Tet Moment
Leading up to the 1968 Tet Offensive , the Pentagon tried to convince the American public that it was winning the war. General Bruce Palmer, Jr., one of Westmoreland's three Field Force ...
|Taibbi: “The Democratic Party Would Triangulate Its Own Mother”
As Gaius Publius noted in [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/10/1383864/--Gaius-Publius-Sanders-Raises-3-Million-in-Four-Days-Will-He-Split-the-Party his post here this past Sunday evening]… �
|How the Jeb Iraq Q Sanitizes the Iraq Debacle
I really like Greg Sargent's take on how the Iraq Q is sanitizing the runup to the Iraq Debacle, for everyone but Jeb. and that's not right. Sargent writes: Jeb’s contortions make good fodder ...
|Book By Fox News 'Liberal' Uses Free Speech To Claim Liberals Are Killing Free Speech
The network that markets itself as "fair and balanced" has spent years proving their commitment to that slogan by balancing their right-wing infused "news" delivered by GOP mouthpieces with right-...
|NYT Mag’s “must-read”: “The Great Democratic Crack-Up of 2016,” w/ commentary from Markos
As many like to describe it, “Politics is a contact sport.” So, to say there already have been some major, full-dress, contact scrimmages within our own Party, of late, between the centrist/...
|President Obama Hits Fox News For Portraying The Poor As Sponges And Leeches
Speaking at the Catholic-Evangelical Leadership Summit on Overcoming Poverty at Georgetown University (video below), President Obama made an astute observation about one of the causes of persistent ...
|Israeli MP Who Called for Genocide Against Palestinians Appointed Justice Minister
If there was any question over how far right Israel has drifted those are now answered. Ayelet Shaked has been appointed justice minister . You may or may not remember her from her comments in a ...
Recommended by Gustogirl
- If a picture is worth a thousand words, this picture of newly RW anointed Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Patience Roggensack is ...184 comments 355 Recs
- Who says Bernie Sanders can't win? If he keeps coming up with simple mind blowing ideas like he did on CNN the other day , he is going to win a lot of votes! Simple yes, mind blowing, only if you ...428 comments 406 Recs
- The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as ...349 comments 559 Recs
- This morning a letter was sent out to Alaska state employees. I am without words at the moment... Subject: Governor’s Action on Budget Bill HB72 Governor Bill Walker plans to act on ...94 comments 221 Recs
- 139 comments 185 Recs
- As the Amtrak derailment showed (again), the refusal to spend on infrastructure literally kills . Also, infrastructure spending: (i) is necessary and unavoidable (failure to timely spend on ...338 comments 500 Recs
- (illustration by DonkeyHotey) From The New York Times : Mr. Bush, the former governor of Florida, had just concluded a town-hall-style meeting when Ms. (Ivy) Ziedrich demanded to be heard. “202 comments 565 Recs
- Wow! I just stumbled onto this - can't wait! Economist Joseph Stiglitz, along with Bill DeBlasio and Elizabeth Warren will reveal today a comprehensive plan to address wealth inequality that was ...70 comments 187 Recs
- One of the largest humanitarian dramas on the planet is playing out in the waters off the coast of Libya. Thousands upon thousands of desperate refugees are risking their lives trying to cross the ...111 comments 119 Recs
- I've tried a few times to write about pressing budget issues - from defense to SS/Medicare to unemployment benefits to infrastructure, etc. - but I stop because none of it makes any sense ...110 comments 155 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.