Below you'll find recent contributions related to Heavy Mettle's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Was the War in Iraq a Mistake?
"Seldom in the course of human history have so many sacrificed so dearly to achieve so little." That was a quote within a post, I dared to write (and was dared to write) -- some 2 months ago: Was ...
|Christie Asks for an Apology -- Then he Asks us to Imagine ... What If?
I think I'll skip the Apology part of his Reputation-makeover tour right now, and instead take a few moments to imagine Chris Christie with his thumb on the Delete button. Hey he asked us to ... "...
|Oil, Water, and Sand
When will we ever learn, these three basic ingredients -- Don't really Mix. Oil Spill Worse Than First Thought (Video) NBC News Channel -- May 21, ...
|The Run-up to Iraq War: Mother Jones Timeline
Since so many are in the " Iraq Revisionist " mode lately, I thought I'd post this VERY informative Timeline. Hopefully, it might put some helpful "side-bars" around all the "what we knew then" ...
|Tech Companies Step-up to Oppose the TPP
This is good to see -- and they make a few ' Patriotic ' arguments too ... Hundreds of tech companies line up to oppose TPP trade agreement by Sam Thielman in New York, theGuardian.com -- May 20, ...
|Elizabeth Warren fires up Democrats in California
In case you missed this, it was a pretty stirring speech: Elizabeth Warren at CA Democratic Convention 2015 link to video Published on May 16, 2015 -- cademorg Senator Elizabeth Warren ...
|The United States continues to arm the Islamic State
|Tesla Powerwall, Take Two: The Pricepoint, The Competition, The Vision
After recapping the Tesla Powerwall last week-end, I commented that I would dig into the tech and the price points, a bit more critically this week-end. SOOOOO, here are a few note-worthy articles ...
|Empowering Corporations One Lawsuit at a time
That is what the Trans-Pacific Partnership will do if it passes into "law" -- as if Corporations needed any more help 'determining our collective destinies'. Corporate Profits will become the end-...
|Bernie's platform is a Progressive Platform
[...] Here it is, in his own words, from the first email of his campaign to supporters last week: Income and wealth inequality : In the U.S. today we have the most unequal wealth distribution of ...
|Fast Tracking the TPP -- Pay No Attention to the Fine Print ... (on Child Labor)
Dems are fighting to see the Fine Print. Dems are fighting to add some Fine Print of their own -- specifically concerning the banning of "child labor" and the banning of "forced labor." And then ...
|This is what 'Cheap Labor' looks like in Malaysia, and elsewhere
FORCED LABOR IN THE PRODUCTION OF ELECTRONIC GOODS IN MALAYSIA A Comprehensive Study of Scope and Characteristics by Verité EXECUTIVE SUMMARY [Pg 9] The conditions faced by foreign ...
|Merkley and Sanders Floor Speeches Against Fast Track today
The Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement suffered its first defeat today, as the Senate voted to block the Fast-Track authority sections of this ill-conceived proposal, in no small part due to some ...
|Some unheeded National Security Threat warnings
• Dept of Defense : Climate change will affect the Department of Defense's ability to defend the Nation and poses immediate risks to U.S. national security . • ...
|Whose Faith is it Anyway?
Whose Faith is it Anyway? by Barry Friedman (First Appeared in [The Tulsa Voice http://www.thetulsavoice.com/May-A-2015/Whose-faith-is-it-anyway/]) Just when we think we’re out, they pull us ...
|"We have this handy fusion reactor in the sky -- it just works."
Curious hopeful creature that I am, I wanted to learn more about the guy who spoke that insightful sound-bite, last week. Here is what I found out. I thought maybe, you might find it interesting ...
|How Green is that Guy?
Well according to this Super Pac, who's goal is to address "greatest challenge facing ours and future generations," that Guy -- Senator Bernie Sanders -- is pretty darn Green. How Bernie Sanders ...
|Who Really Wins a Global Race to the Bottom?
Who Really Wins a Global Race to the Bottom? American Workers who lose Jobs to the lowest International wage-earners? No. Foreign Workers who gain American Jobs, under the constant threat that ...
|Obama at Nike: "Just Do It."
Nike is pledging to create 10,000 US Jobs (in 10 years) -- jobs in "manufacturing and engineering" -- if only we get rid of the unbearable burden of 10% Tariffs on Footwear imports -- that the TPP ...
Recommended by Heavy Mettle
- This is why she's on the Court. Today's Supreme Court decision in /Town of Greece v. Galloway/ isn't about whether Congress ...186 comments 131 Recs
- The Obama administration won a rare Supreme Court victory regarding the rights of the EPA to regulate pollution from coal plants. Instead of the usual 5-4 decision against anything the Obama ...435 comments 666 Recs
- Daily Kos is a powerful forum. Through the magic of this site, even an occasional diarist can initiate something that leads to an actual change: in this example, the Heartland Institute, a ...86 comments 334 Recs
- April 28 update: Heartland Institute APOLOGIZED, and took down the offending meme! Details here: Heartland Institute Backpedals on George Carlin Bastardized Quote-Meme ! = = = = = = = = = = = =217 comments 570 Recs
- I remember reading a conservative article in 2012 that yeah, the GOP is going to get roasted that year but just wait till 2016! Marco Rubio! Chris Christie! Rand Paul! Hooo boy! The pickin's ...213 comments 365 Recs
- After years of some of the worst poaching across Africa in years, news today gives hope to those who care about some of the world's most endangered species. http://ens-newswire.com/2014/04/14/...42 comments 141 Recs
- We like to assert that Daily Kos is a reality-based community. At the very least we surely do not deny science. A new study appearing at Princeton's ...332 comments 530 Recs
- I mean, if you really look at the facts of the case at the heart of his dispute with the Bureau of Land Management over grazing fees he's refused to pay for the last 20 years - Cliven Bundy has long ...257 comments 399 Recs
- All The World's A Stage, and Cliven Bundy is not the player. The "standoff" in Nevada isn't about Cliven Bundy. It's not about "grazing fees." It isn't about "Freedom from Tyranny," the "First ...225 comments 495 Recs
- By Jeff Madrick, originally published on Next New Deal A new report from the Rediscovering Government Initiative lays out 15 ways the government can create more and better jobs starting right now.20 comments 50 Recs
Heavy Mettle's Tags
- No current results.
Heavy Mettle's Blogroll
- No current results.