Below you'll find recent contributions related to Hobelhouse's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|ISIS and Assad Regime working together?
Yesterday ISIS launched an offensive against the last few moderate rebels that Obama is supporting in Syria. It is threatening to collapse the final remaining military strategy for Syria. ...
|Ted Cruz: John F. Kennedy 'would be a Republican today'
You make me sad. I sat here for a long time pondering what to say about would-
|Mike Huckabee: I wish I 'felt like a woman' in high school so I could 'shower with the girls'
You are a strange, strange man. Republican contender Mike Huckabee has an odd internal belief system. Molesting your ...
|TSA fails to detect airport weapons and explosives in 67 of 70 tests
Oops? While most of ...
|Congressman: Senate Vote 'Exonerates Snowden'
A lot of people are puzzled why Senator McConnell pushed so hard to preventing any needed reforms of the Patriot Act. The failure to do so partially discredited his leadership. Republican ...
|Conservative hero Cliven Bundy is back, and still talking about black people
The hero of Fox News speaks ...
|Most Americans support same-sex marriage. Republicans still don't.
Most of America is ready for the Supreme Court to grant nationwide same-sex marriage ...
|Embracing the Dark Reality of Iraq
The Fall of Ramadi is becoming a game-changer. Not for the defeat itself, but for the response. In particular, the military offensive to retake Ramadi. The most obvious element of how things ...
|Tattooed Christian rappers for Ted Cruz is a thing
He's feelin' it. Wow, I so did not need to know that a "Christian rap group" ...
|Bernie Sanders is polling better than EVERY Republican candidate
Bernie Sanders is "wacko", "crazy", "not to be taken seriously", and "He's a protest candidate. That's all" . At least if you listen to the mainstream news media. For some reason a large ...
|In weekly address, Obama asks Senate to pass USA Freedom Act
President Obama used this week's video address to ask the Senate to quickly pass the USA Freedom Act, a revised but still controversial renewal of some of the now-expiring provisions of the ...
|Ben Carson may be running for president, but he still gets $40,000 per speech
The news that Ben ...
|'Patriots' hold cartoon contest in front of Arizona mosque
I see we're still ignoring the Waco murders to focus on "cartoon contests." You can draw your own conclusions as to why a bunch of fourth-tier patriots have decided that drawing pictures of ...
|The GOP's Iraq Problem
In recent days we've been entertained by the desperate flip-flopping of Republican candidates on the issue of the Iraq War. Beyond the humor factor there is a deadly seriousness to the ...
|62 percent of Republicans still say Iraq War was the 'right thing' to do
This has to ...
|Pennsylvania paper apologizes for Memorial Day letter calling for execution of President Obama
'Divisive rhetoric', and so on.
|"a disturbing and frightening echo of the summer of 2006"
With great fanfare, Baghdad is launching a military offensive to take back Ramadi, and Anbar province in general, from ISIS. The many problems that this offensive symbolizes can best be summed up ...
|Open thread for night owls: Fox News still making their viewers dumber. And angrier.||Hunter||05/27/2015||75|
|Jeb Bush's favorite author pens book asking rich Americans to nullify U.S. laws
Jeb Bush is a "total nerd" for Charles Murray. ThinkProgress is the latest ...
|Vander Plaats won't require 2016 Republican candidates to sign another 'Marriage Vow'
This is bad news for Rick Santorum In the wake of a 2012 Republican campaign season that did not go off as planned, the anti-LGBT religious conservative group run by noted ...
|Jade Helm conspiracy theorists are kind of dumb. Who knew?
F-35 fighters over Texas. Because they were built there. The Boston Globe went to ...
|ExxonMobil says mankind has 'enormous capacity to deal with adversity' caused by climate change
'Gentlemen: To evil.' ExxonMobil has a plan to deal ...
|Rand Paul joins Leadership Institute, vows to free American colleges from 'the clutches of the left'
It looks like Rand Paul's campaign advisers have ...
|Sen. Lindsey Graham: I worked in a pool room, so I know 'Iranians are liars'||Hunter||05/26/2015||138|
|Lawmakers overestimate how conservative their districts are—by a lot
Loud, but not representative This bears repeating. We've heard before that lawmakers tend to presume their own districts are much more conservative than they are, but it's the degree to which they'...
|Rich Lowry was very, very upset over Michelle Obama's commencement speech
It appears First Lady Michelle Obama acknowledging ...
|Good evening. How much Scott Walker would you like to buy tonight?
The best thing about Scott Walker's three-star super PAC price guide is that they've made it look like a menu, making it crystal clear that you're buying something. Would you prefer one ...
|Capitol Police to undergo additional bathroom training
Raise your hand if you found someone else's ...
|New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says swear words
'And furthermore ...' Ah, the political roast. Those glorious annual events in which politicians and the press get together and say terrible but perfectly true things ...
|An update on the Patriot Act debate
The debate in the Senate about extending the Patriot Act has gotten so bizarre that I suspect it is all kabuki. Mitch McConnell's inability to muster a fillibuster-proof 60 votes for a straight ...
Recommended by Hobelhouse
- I know there is a lot going on domestically that is shocking, sucking up the oxygen from the rest of the news, but the fight taking place between Georgia and Russia right now has the potential to ...179 comments 249 Recs
- Cross Posted On Open Left Searching for John McCain is a ...417 comments 838 Recs
- One of the goal of the European Tribune was to change the prevailing economic discourse by pointing out some inconvenient facts in the current narrative. With the helpful hand of reality, which has ...175 comments 299 Recs
- Over the weekend and this morning Barack Obama's former pastor Reverend Jeremiah Wright burst back onto the national scene - this time by his own choice and in full context. In doing so he has ...99 comments 8 Recs
- There's a new think tank on the loose, guys, and it's called the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies . They're on a veritable rampage, penning ...294 comments 335 Recs
- This election cycle in Texas is about more than just a few primary delegates. It’s a battle between the Fifty-State Strategy and the Fifty-Year Decline of Democrats in Texas. ...246 comments 423 Recs
- Several news sites are now breaking the news that Fidel Castro will not seek re-election. I will update this diary as soon as more details emerge. Sources so far include Norway's Dagbladet, ...494 comments 163 Recs
- This looks like the beginning of the end for Senator Barack Obama's campaign. Things were looking so hopeful, with CNN ...70 comments 16 Recs
- I've occasionally seen wingnuts say Hillary is the official candidate of hardcore lefties. I always assumed these rants are coming from retirement homes with good internet access, along with those ...74 comments 29 Recs
- Here is the lead from the New York Times Story MILWAUKEE – Representative John Lewis, an iconic ...315 comments 321 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.