Below you'll find recent contributions related to Hoopgreen's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|High Impact Posts: May 21, 2015||jotter||05/22/2015||3|
|High Impact Posts: May 20, 2015||jotter||05/21/2015||8|
|High Impact Posts: May 19, 2015||jotter||05/20/2015||4|
|President Adopts Grayson Amendment Against Police Militarization
Yesterday, President Obama acted to restrict the Defense Department and other federal agencies from providing military equipment to local police departments. In essence, the President adopted, by ...
|UPDATED: GunFAIL proves too hot for Pinterest, but the backlash is even hotter
Yes, it's been a while since I've done a GunFAIL update here at Daily Kos. But no, I never stopped keeping records on accidental shootings, guns left behind in bathrooms, and the like. In fact, I ...
|High Impact Posts: May 18, 2015||jotter||05/19/2015||11|
|Anybody want to guess what Texas' solution to biker gang wars will be?
NRA fantasy Texan. Yep. You got it. More Guns .
|Sunday Bloody Sunday – What Went Down in Waco
Sunday’s bloody battle, which pitched Waco police against two feuding gangs and their supporters, resulted in 9 dead, 18 critically injured and 174 arrests. That the dead and injured were ...
|Two open-carry activists. One white, one black. Two very different police responses
One of these things is not like the other. The video below shows two open-carry activists, both "demonstrating" their Second Amendment rights. Both were approached by police, but the reactions from ...
|High Impact Posts: May 17, 2015||jotter||05/18/2015||4|
|9 dead in Tx. shootout. No "Good Guys with Guns" to stop it.
So, yeah. This happened today: a number of motorcycle gangs shot each other up in the parking lot of a Twin Peaks restaurant. http://www.dallasnews.com/latest/20150517-multiple-fatalities-in-...
|8 thugs killed in shootout
Today, three gangs of thugs gathered at a restaurant named Twin Peaks. For those who do not know, this restaurant is know for scantily clad large breasted women provided for the entertainment of ...
|9 dead in Waco TX biker gang fight
This is a breaking story... If you are anywhere near the Central Texas Marketplace - get out. http://bigstory.ap.org/article/25b4f596ea7c43c7b63b27197a6d35df/multiple-injuries-reported-texas-biker-...
|High Impact Posts: May 2-8, 2015||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|High Impact Posts May 9-15, 2015||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|High Impact Posts: May 16, 2016||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|Republican Austerity Kills. Literally
When I heard about the Amtrak train wreck outside of Philadelphia on Tuesday night my heart stopped for a few seconds. My son lives in Washington D.C. His girlfriend's family lives in NYC. I have ...
|High Impact Posts: May 15, 2015||jotter||05/16/2015||7|
|Hillary & Establishment Groupthink Are Consistently WRONG
Mainstream thinking, not just Republican thinking, is consistently wrong. Justification and support for the Iraq War? WRONG. Catastrophically wrong. Multi-generational even. Centennial even. An ...
|Words In Action||05/15/2015||146|
|High Impact Posts: May 14, 2015||jotter||05/15/2015||10|
|"You don't have to have a reason to die no more."
Last night, Wednesday, May 13th about 8pm., three young men got in a car to go shopping on the south side of Chicago. A vehicle pulled up next to them and gunned the three down. Twenty year old ...
|High Impact Posts: May 13, 2015||jotter||05/14/2015||4|
|The Dramatic Return of High Impact Posts: May 12, 2015
Well, I wish it was dramatic. I actually feel like I'm slinking quietly back into town after leaving ericlewis0 with an impossible task. Still many thanks to him, and for the coders who attempted ...
|Florida police confiscate George Zimmerman's gun. For now.
George is gun-free. For now. No charges have been filed and the investigation is ongoing, but police have rightly taken George's gun for ...
|George Zimmerman involved in shootout in Florida
Another gun incident involving George Zimmerman. Yes, the same George Zimmerman who shot and killed Trayvon Martin and who has been arrested ...
|Concealed weapons in South Carolina
I keep getting emails from DailyKos encouraging me to write a diary. I started one, but got bogged down in details, so I've decided to recycle some old material as my first diary. As it happens, the ...
|New Gun Laws
All the rhetoric about ISIS operations in every state, does not frighten me nearly as much as the good citizens of my own state. Ohio has several new proposed gun laws that you may find shocking. If ...
Recommended by Hoopgreen
- 139 comments 184 Recs
- As the Amtrak derailment showed (again), the refusal to spend on infrastructure literally kills . Also, infrastructure spending: (i) is necessary and unavoidable (failure to timely spend on ...337 comments 500 Recs
- The New York Times : The Republican National Committee’s decision last year to claim control of the 2016 debate process was welcomed by many in the party who believe that Mitt Romney, the 2012 ...115 comments 186 Recs
- Almost every day on Facebook, Twitter, or some other social media, I see a conservative ranting away with how the Republican Party is the party of, ahem, “good Christian values” Often ...253 comments 282 Recs
- The Gay Blade posted an excellent, top-rated analysis of Hillary Clinton's campaign launch video. In the comments, SouthernLeveller posted his own noteworthy addition to the diary: I think they won'66 comments 159 Recs
- This is a political trend I'd like to see more of: I ...112 comments 105 Recs
- On a rainy Wednesday, 150 students and alumni staged a walkout at Dowling Catholic High School located in West Des Moines. The school's administration opted out of hiring substitute teacher (and ...165 comments 255 Recs
- Not really. But If I were, this is the sign I would put in my door. "Dear Valued Patrons. Due to my sincerely held religious beliefs, and in light of the RFRA, recently signed by our Dear ...372 comments 740 Recs
- President Obama continues his new stride as he chides Republicans for their failed prognostications. Democratic politicians encouraged his silence during the 2014 elections. Imagine what could have ...344 comments 727 Recs
- He can't help it. He's just irrational.63 comments 58 Recs
- No current results.