Date / Time Message City State Zipcode TypeEvacuations have been ordered in Santa Paula, California.
11-18-2014 12:24 EST Several FF's have been injured working a chemical explosion call. NFI ATT Santa Paula CA 93060 INJURED FF
11-18-2014 12:23 EST Hazmat has responded to a chemical explosion. Explosions still occurring Santa Paula CA 93060 HAZMAT INCIDENT
11-18-2014 12:20 EST Svcs o/s w/ explosions still occurring after truck exploded this a.m. Santa Paula CA 93060 EXPLOSION
"The time will come when that sheet will be tipped off. If the federal government doesn't take it off, we'll take it off."
And that is exactly what Anonymous did. Not the NSA with their budget in the billions and access to every connected digital platform there is. They did nothing while the KKK can organize and plot the genocide of their neighbors to their hearts content. But they certainly are on top of things if there is a sit in at BofA. Obviously our government has failed us when the job of those chartered to protect don't bother to even go after KKK members with facebook pages frothing with hate. I wonder how many from the Middle East got a knock on their door for having a green border on their webpage? I watched them harass professors after 9/11 yet the same treatment is not used on those with actual intent to harm others openly declared.
The people of this Nation are tired of Racists having a megaphone unhindered.
In my early adulthood I was told often to read hir book. Stone Butch Blues
I didn't get to it until I was well into my thirties. I had always been repelled by the title. I am far from stone but predictably that is where the differences end.
A book about a Butch Lesbian trying to make her way in the industrial cities of the East Coast. At a time when hir very existence was a criminal offense. Bravery beyond words.
If you have not read hir work I strongly suggest you do. Hir writings are strong supporters of labor unions and the freedom they represent.
It is obvious to all by now, excepting the deliriously obtuse, that our Federal Government has decided that doing things like bringing out the National Guard so children can go to school without being injured for their skin color and shutting down an economic system based on kidnapping are no longer ways to promote the general welfare.
I have always been dismayed that a blatant terrorist organization like the KKK could be allowed to flourish. But as I got older and learned not only more about the racism hidden beneath the surface, but the level of corruption it has attained. So I now know there is no way the enforcement arm of the DOJ will ever go after the KKK, they can't.
But again here is Anonymous to the rescue:
For 20 minutes Burke estimates the officers drove him around before finally releasing him in a dark and desolate section of South Dade nearly a mile from his home.
“They put me off somewhere in Goulds. There were no street lights and no houses,” he said. “It was just dark.”
CBS4′s Jim DeFede asked, “Did you tell the officers you were blind?”
“Yes I told them in the car I was blind and I couldn’t see,” Burke said.
DeFede then asked, “Did they seem to care?”
“Not that I know of,” he answered. “They put me out somewhere where they aren’t no street lights and no houses.”
Out on the edge of some vacant farm land, they made him sign an arrest form he couldn’t read.
Burke said he asked them to drop him off closer to his house, but they refused.
He had no cell phone. The police had taken it.
DeFede asked, “Were you mad or angry?”
Unsure of where to go, Burke started walking. He kept his right foot on the road and his left foot in the weeds to prevent him from wandering into the middle of the street where he might get hit by a car.
Residents of the Belle Harbor Manor assisted living center in the city’s Rockaway Peninsula spent four months after Superstorm Sandy moving through a series of emergency shelters due to flooding at the facility.The austerity craze has long lasting effects. One of those is to attempt to recoup or cut off monies from the most vulnerable. In this case obviously special needs residents that have medical expenses that go well beyond any disability scheme payments will be expected to pay FEMA back for emergency housing because they were kept in shelters. These residents do not have mobility or the means to seek housing elsewhere. That is why they were in a care facility.
Now, the Federal Emergency Management Agency wants at least a dozen of those disabled, elderly and mostly poor residents to return thousands of dollars in disaster aid.
To hear prosecutors tell it, Darrien Hunt lunged at officers with a "samurai-type sword" before he was killed.Yes the police testilied that they feared for their safety and that Darrien Hunt was an immediate threat necessitating lethal force.
But again the video below tells a different story.
A story many of the poor are familiar with. It is called
The Day the Police Came to Hunt a N-.
And it played out just like it always does
Video scene one:
Guy minding his own business. Followed by cop calmly approaching.
Still shot we are all familiar with:
Darrien calmly talking to police
Video Scene two:
Man running for his life across parking lot being chased by two officers, one of which is clearly firing a pistol as he is running.
Approximately 60,000 veterans receiving payments for war wounds are also eligble for Social Security Disability and retirement from military service
Tom Cobun determined this in a study he chartered. He would now like to take away that small amount of income that helps them survive day to day in a manner befitting their sacrifice. So what some of them drag in in aggregate closer to 100K and one over 200k That amount of money is a drop in the bucket in today's economy and I'm glad to know at least some veterans are living without the terror faced by many without that income.
As an intro. I'm doing much better. Removing constant stimuli has helped tremendously in reducing my stress levels and improving my mental state. Who would have guessed?
Well I got ahold of my mail. And after an annoying call from some supervisor some weeks ago the only response to my complaint. And in my mail was this letter from a vice president no less, apparently they are not aware of my knowledge of corporate structure and the bestowing on vice president on any PR person to quell attempts at going over their head.
Nope not buying it after they tried to blame demand after years of warning.
Sometimes the Right Wing just needs to let it all hang out.
And there is an election on.
FEAR, FEAR, FEAR.
That is all they have.
A second caretaker of the US Index Patient is showing Ebola symptoms. They took a flight the day before reporting symptoms. The CDC is asking all passengers on that flight to contact them.
2nd health worker exhibited no #Ebola signs/symptoms on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 on 10/13, but passengers should contact 1-800-CDC-INFO— CDC (@CDCgov) October 15, 2014
Recommended by Horace Boothroyd III
- William Bill Robocop Melendez Before Bill "Robocop" Melendez brutally assaulted 57-year-old Ford Motor employee ...91 comments 111 Recs
- By now it’s likely you’ve heard about the intense drama going down at the Navy Nuclear Nuclear Power Training Center involving Lt. Commander (Chaplain) Wesley Modder and his Commanding Officer, ...39 comments 140 Recs
- Reps. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) and Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) have introduced a bill to repeal the horrific Patriot Act mistake of 2001. And that's just one feature. “This isn’t just tinkering around ...119 comments 238 Recs
- Indiana's Governor Mike Pence just signed a new law, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, that will protect businesses that discriminate against LGBT and the response is just awesome. George Takei,295 comments 438 Recs
- As he did last year, my representative, Adrian Smith (R-NE3) has asked for horror stories from his constituents about Obamacare (as he calls it). I suspect just as last time I responded, I will get ...10 comments 22 Recs
- I just sent this in via the Indiana Governor's Office's web site: Dear Governor Pence - I just read about the needle sharing program in your state [here] . As a man who was baptized Christian and ...2 comments 5 Recs
- At about 3:30 pm (EST) an explosion and a fire led to a building collapse in the East Village at Second Avenue and St Mark's Place. All of us who know that area know how very crowded it is with tons ...67 comments 113 Recs
- Next Tuesday, March 31, will mark the observance of the International Day of Transgender Visibility, a holiday dedicated to the celebration of transgender people and bringing attention to the ...8 comments 23 Recs
- Arizona Sen. Sylvia Allen won the Viral Emmy of Stupid a few years ago when she famously said, during a committee hearing on uranium mining, "the earth's been here 6,000 years" and has managed to ...404 comments 342 Recs
- 180 House Democrats Just Voted to Cut Medicare Benefits, Paving Road for Future "Entitlement Reform"The House passed its "doc fix" deal today 392 to 37 . Party leaders were glowing in self-congratulation: Pelosi praised the deal, saying it had been a “privilege” to work with Boehner “in a ...64 comments 45 Recs