Below you'll find recent contributions related to Hot2na's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Midday open thread: Arctic ice at record low; Sandy victims blame Christie; Bush and the coal barons
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Mitch McConnell and Snuggly the Security Bear Beg to Spy :
|Those guys who boosted the 'surge' in Iraq? They're eager to do it again
Explosions in late 2014 variously described as an ISIL truck bomb or a U.S. airstrike in the town of Kobane on the Turkish-Syrian border. ...
|DOOMSDAY CLOCK Moves Up To 11:57 "current efforts are entirely insufficient" on Catastrophic Warming
The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists have taken the sobering step of moving their Doomsday Clock from 11:55 up to 11:57 the closest we've been to to global catastrophe since 1987 and the bad old days ...
|Open thread for night owls: Too many of the people in Washington do not rep those who elected them
Blast from the Past . At Daily Kos on this date in 2014 — Texas legislature gives 1.5 million poor residents the finger :It's not enough just to ...
|EPI: Government's state jobs report for April shows recovery still plodding
Click here and scroll briefly for an interactive version of this map.
|Midday open thread: Is rent out of reach? Col. Graham retiring; Cubans not keen on Marco Rubio
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Introducing Louis 'Flash' Maltby :
|Income inequality reflected in mental health statistics, according to new study
A new study from the Centers for Disease Control— Serious Psychological Distress Among Adults: United States, 2009–2013 —confirms what common sense and the experts have long told us: The ...
|Could Jeb Bush's time on boards of corporations with legal troubles become a 2016 focus?
Busy, busy, busy. Ron Green at the Associated Press has taken a look at all the corporate and non-profit boards and advisory boards Jeb Bush has served on since he ...
|Nebraskan lawmakers override Gov. Pete Ricketts's veto to abolish state death penalty
State Sen. Ernie Chambers finally won his 38-year battle to get Nebraska's death penalty repealed. With Wednesday's override vote in its one-house legislature, Nebraska ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Shooting a black rhino for fun; extreme rainfall; protesting Shell
Check out OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs,
|Rand Paul attacks Republican NeoCons "ISIS exists and grew stronger because of - hawks in our party"
Rand Paul blames 'hawks in our party' for Islamic State's rise By Nick Gass “ ISIS exists and grew stronger because of the hawks in our party who gave arms indiscriminately , and most of those ...
|Midday open thread: Drug cartel builds CCTV network; 'clickbait' enters dictionary; microbead ban
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Reasonable measures :
|Big media's sneering, dismissive coverage of Bernie Sanders is a plague on democracy
The media are more interested in ...
|Open thread for night owls. Cole: Kaplan's call for renewed imperialism in Middle East is boneheaded
Let's have some more cakewalks, 'kay? Robert D. Kaplan recently wrote a piece (behind a paywall) saying it's time to bring imperialism back to the ...
|Sanders makes run official: If people 'fight back, there is nothing that can’t be accomplished'
In a speech peppered with introductory "brothers and sisters," Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday made official his entry into the primary battle for the Democratic presidential nomination framed by ...
|Livestreaming Bernie Sanders's official announcement of his candidacy for the Democratic nomination
You can watch it Live now. Why Bernie matters: A 2016 primary run by Bernie ...
|Midday open thread: Democrats and climate change; perpetual war; Sanders to make it official
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Pro-life, Boko Haram style :
|Most House Republicans stand with President Obama on fast-tracking, most Democrats still against
Fighting it to the end. Thanks to 14 Democrats joining all-but-five Senate Republicans in approving fast-track trade legislation last week, it's now up to the House, which is where most close ...
|Open thread for night owls. On Memorial Day, remember: 'They didn't fall, they were pushed'
Flag-draped caskets on their way back from Iraq to the United States. Ray McGovern writes— Remember This on Memorial ...
|Midday open thread: Middle East needs imperialism? Emissions controls to slash coal; Kincannon flips
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The bad intelligence : What you may have missed on ...
|Original Americans forgotten on Memorial Day
The All-Nations Native American Veterans Memorial in Jefferson, Oregon [This is an edited and updated reprise of an essay first written for Memorial Day in 2010.] My ...
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||71|
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||177|
|This week at progressive state blogs: Gov. Kasich plays the suckers; Gov. Bryant writes a dumb op-ed
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Oil spills; the melting poles; Jeb Bush's climate change arrogance
See OceanDiver's post . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green ...
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
Recommended by Hot2na
- I came across a quote by G.K. Chesterton recently that I think has some bearing on the latest fad for "Religious Freedom" Laws giving businesses the right to discriminate -- sorry, to Uphold Their ...30 comments 34 Recs
- Corrected Diary: Liz Cheney spouts Likudnik propaganda on Fox News Sunday Bob Woodward calls meme BSEarlier I published a diary attributing comments to PBS's Judy Woodruff that were in fact made by Liz Cheney. Because that's who the comments were attributed to by the Fox News transcript on its ...33 comments 53 Recs
- Who, me? I have nothing to do with any marriage case, no sirree. Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker likes to talk tough most of the time, but when it comes to marriage equality, he seems to be backing ...84 comments 50 Recs
- Did anyone else see this? I saw it today at 3 and 4 PM ET in Northern Virginia on CNN. This is important because, according to the experts (I went to ...97 comments 11 Recs
- Barack Obama had former President Bill Clinton campaigning for him this week and now we hear that former VP Al Gore will finish out the ...10 comments 6 Recs
- In fund raising. I recently did a comparison of Sen. Obama and Sen. Clinton’s fund raising. They have both built fund raising machines that now rely on the low dollar donors to fund their ...10 comments 12 Recs
- This diary is intended for the media. I want to compile every misstatement, misrepresentation, and just plain election changing duplicity that we know of, to this point. I will list those things ...604 comments 933 Recs
- No current results.
- Orcinus (Dave Niewart)
- The Huffington Post (Arianna Huffington)
- Crooks and Liars (John Amato)
- Eschaton (Atrios)
- Hullabaloo (Digby)
- Informed Comment (Juan Cole)
- Media Matters (David Brock)
- Talking Points Memo (Josh Marshall)
- Truthdig (Robert Scheer)
- America Blog (John Aravosis)
- Firedoglake (Jane Hamsher)
- Smirking Chimp (David Michael Green)
- Mathew Yglesias
- This Modern World (Tom Tomorrow)
- MyDD (Jerome Armstrong)
- My Left Wing (Maryscott O'Connor)
- BartCop (Terry R Coppage)
- Campaign for Americas Future (Rick Perlstein)
- The Rude Pundit
- TomDispatch (Tom Engelhardt)