Posting History for Hubbard Squash
|I'm a zombie: Banning users with reckless abandon and driving people away hurts progressive movement
"Take your shit elsewhere" Markos says. Yeah, that'll help us in 2014. "Go the fuck away" he says in another diary. Yeah, that'll bring people running to the Progressive movement. *People who ...
|"Job Creators": Greedy developer bullies women's shelter into closing.
Corporations are people in this country, huh? If so, they're the assholes of the group. From Yahoo : For more than 100 years, the Anna Louise Inn in downtown Cincinnati has been a safe, serene ...
|Black Squirrels: The unofficial bushy-tailed mascot of Kent State.
There's a Black Squirrel bus route, a Black Squirrel Festival, and Black Squirrel Radio. There's Black Squirrel bumper stickers. Part of Kent's new multi-million dollar downtown rebuilding project ...
|Democrats and "Progressives" who voted for CISPA. Let's hold them accountable!
While America was watching Boston this week, a Satan sandwich was being passed in Washington. The House passed CISPA, which shreds the 4th Amendment and takes away your right to online privacy. This ...
|WV Abstinence speaker tells HS students: "If you're on birth control, your parents hate you."
I found out about this from The Troubador's diary at the top of the rec list. You should read it. From the Charleston Gazette: A student at George Washington High School asked for an injunction in ...
|Florida cop brings Trayvon Martin targets to firearms training, gets fired.
Just....wow. This is exactly what it sounds like. From ABC News: A Florida police sergeant was fired for allegedly bringing Trayvon Martin shooting targets he purchased on the Internet to a ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Hubbard Squash
- Lately I've been thinking of why I get such a bad taste in response to so many debates I witness here on dailykos, and I think I've finally put my finger on it. I feel as if too many kossaks (and ...13 comments 8 Recs
- I just read that this is what Snowden said today . From the link above: Snowden said Monday, "Being called a traitor by Dick Cheney is the highest honor you can give an American," slamming Cheney ...316 comments 252 Recs
- Something always troubled me about how the Star Trek characters Spock and Data were constantly expressing bafflement at human emotion and illogical cultural mores: Logic would have long ago educated ...131 comments 186 Recs
- Raw Story Fox News host Gregg Jarrett suggested on Monday that George Zimmerman might have been justified in killing Trayvon Martin because the teen “may have been violent” from smoking marijuana.103 comments 73 Recs
- Note: Please donate to the E.A.S.E. Legal Fund . There are significant legal fees that have been spent to defend our son, and there will be additional legal fees incurred in the pursuit of justice ...122 comments 235 Recs
- The big Democratic tent to be specific. Even though Janice Covington is politically and socially active in her community the fact she was treated as an other in a coalition that should be inclusive ...43 comments 49 Recs
- Twitter's Top Lawyer "Doesn't Give a Shit" When the U.S. Government Demands Private User InformationRevelations about the NSA's secret PRISM program has made transparent many unsettling aspect of the U.S. surveillance apparatus. Among them is the fact that the NSA has seemingly unfettered server ...9 comments 26 Recs
- "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it." This has been said a lot recently, but unfortunately rather ironically. Here are some overarching lessons of history regarding surveillance:45 comments 12 Recs
- 1) Ed Snowden is not the story. I wish he'd remained anonymous. He is a distraction, and for some a too convenient distraction. 2) If you want to know how serious this is, read what Jeff Merkley ...196 comments 241 Recs
- “...speaking truth to power is never without risk." Edward Snowden I often err in my writing in one way or another. I'm an emotional person and my writing reflects that...not always to my credit.824 comments 295 Recs
Hubbard Squash's Blogroll
- No current results.