Posting History for ItsYourMoney
|I am not a scientist; I am a chicken
Time for someone talented to make a song with the words "I am not a scientist, I am a chicken" repeated over and over. Get the phrase into everyone's consciousness. That way, the next time a Repub ...
|Rich vs Poor in San Francisco
This is a video showing why some folks are annoyed with all the Silicon Valley money flowing into San Francisco and its residents. Somehow the guys with the money didn't think about the community ...
|Obama should commission a study on dikes - and get Repubs on the other side
Look, in 50-100 years there will be a crisis, when seas raise to a point that cannot be ignored in some major cities. At that point, the electorate will turn to one of the political parties to get ...
|I don't like the word Fascism, but...
70 years ago, Vice President Henry Wallace predicted the future, oh so accurately: American fascism will not be really dangerous until there is a purposeful coalition among the cartelists, the ...
|5th Amendment and Marijuana
Back in 1857, part of the Dred Scott decision claimed that slaves could be taken into all the Territories (slave or free) due to the 5th amendment's provision that private property could not be ...
|A gun is like a hand grenade
Do I want to be around someone with a gun? (e.g. Starbucks scenario) What if a guy with a live hand grenade in a box sits down next to you, and starts shaking the box? Do you want to be sitting ...
|Lose your 6-year-old daughter, keep your guns?
At TPM, a 4-year-old shoots and kills his 6-year-old sister. My question: Will the dad get rid of his guns, or will he be immune to the loss of his daughter? http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/...
|President Obama endorses my "code red" plan
I recently suggested that every person insist that all the institutions he/she is a member of have a "code red" plan. It seems that number 19 of the President's executive orders is exactly that: 1 ...
|Does your group have a code red plan?
The high school that my kids went to has several drills for emergencies. The one for a gun on campus is called "code red". In it, all students go into classrooms, the doors are locked, lights off, ...
|OFA to Obamacare
Summary: Use Obama for America (OFA) to help folks enroll in Obamacare. From HuffPost Experts view the success of the exchanges as central to the effectiveness of Obamacare in helping those who ...
|What can be gerrymandered
I was just thinking about the fact that Repubs have been gaining control of state legislatures and gerrymandering districts to their advantage. But there are certain offices they can't gerrymander:
|The party of demonic possession
Maybe that's the Repubs problem - they are possessed by their own demons, like white supremacy, male supremacy, I've-got-mine obsession, let's keep (name a group here) down so I can feel better ...
|There's no one as Irish as Barack Obama
Saw this video on Brad deLong's site, had to share it... http://www.youtube.com/embed/4Xkw8ip43Vk?feature=...
|Let's protest like the 60's
Instead of hoping that the newest generation will fix our problems, let's us baby boomers do it like we did before. I was talking with a boomer friend about Jefferey Sachs' book The Price of ...
|Orders of Magnitude of Disparity
I was taking a walk, looking at an expensive house that was sold. The sellers were "Moving up", according to the realtor. Next door there were some gardeners working. It occurred to me: The ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by ItsYourMoney
- Ok. Today’s post is gonna be short and sweet. Peter Daou penned a kick-ass reminder for Hillary’s supporters yesterday and I want everyone to read it, bookmark it – hell write the main ...176 comments 20 Recs
- Sometimes, I find something and think: the content speaks for itself. More as this goes on...134 comments 376 Recs
- So I won't tarry in getting to the point. If I have to listen to one more supposed liberal or progressive or Democrat here tell me on this board that our efforts on social issues are unimportant and ...373 comments 334 Recs
- " . . . should a photographer be punished for refusing to do a wedding that their faith teaches them is not one that is valid in the eyes of God?" -- Senator Marco Rubio. Not to pick on the good ...131 comments 130 Recs
- This will be quick - I don't think it requires much elaboration. There seems to be some general confusion among certain Americans regarding religious liberties; more specifically, when their ...265 comments 408 Recs
- How often have I heard or seen this phrase, "I want my country back," used over the years since I was born in 1956, in Raleigh, North Carolina? I can't give you a precise number, but I can tell ...333 comments 836 Recs
- A mid-level comic named Ari Shaffir recorded a special for Comedy Central. In the course of his act he went after a fellow comic for no apparent reason, getting laughs at the expense of her ...37 comments 52 Recs
- Yesterday brought us two very moving and heartfelt diaries on the subject of coming out of the closet. I noticed and acknowledged both of those diaries but I think there is a further point to be ...131 comments 78 Recs
- When I lived in Alburquerque, stupid men there thought I was a prostitute. I don't mean to imply that all the men of Alburquerque are stupid but there sure was a bunch of them down there who were. ...61 comments 183 Recs
- I fully support the expulsion of the ringleaders of Sigma Alpha Epsilon "bus of bigotry" at Oklahoma University. I do not agree with those who say that this is too harsh a punishment. However, some ...37 comments 82 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.