Posting History for JAM11
|RIP Science: 300 B.C. -June 30, 2014
Washington, DC... Science passed away today after a ruling by the Supreme Court stating birth control equals abortion. The death follows a major illness. Justice Alito hastened Science's demise. "...
|Vatican Says Okey Dokey to Pedophilia
In a ruling cheered by pedophiles every where, the Vatican today offered its approval of adult-child sex as long as it's not against civil laws. Snark or not? You be the judge. The Chicago ...
Well duh, most people know our president is African American. But to some, it matters a great deal. I live in Chicago so I’m somewhat insulated from anti-Obama sentiments. This is true blue ...
|UPDATED--Church Chastity Presentation Fails to Excite
My 17 year old son came home from school yesterday with his hair on fire. His Catholic high school hired a chastity expert (who knew they even existed??) to give a presentation to the entire school��
|How Can We Allow This?
Sam and Daniel were homeless. I interviewed them today for a report I’m writing for my day job. They are now in a program that provides temporary housing along with supportive services to help ...
|Now I’m a Farm Animal??
As a woman, I've had the sneaking suspicion lately that some segment of the population views me as less than human. Yesterday, the cat jumped out of that bag when the Illinois House Agricultural ...
|Sex: The Catholic Church’s Forbidden Fruit
I’ve tried to ignore it. Who wants to think their Church has a one-track mind? But here’s the uncomfortable truth. From gay marriage to birth control, the morning after pill and abortion, ...
|D*mnit, the Church is Making Me Donate to Obama Again
In 2008, my son was being confirmed in the Catholic Church. As a consequence, we clocked a lot of pew time for various reasons—special services, required Mass attendance—you name it and we were ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by JAM11
- Family. People you’re close to due to a commonality of blood, not ideology. I was going to say something pithy like that to start this diary. But instead I’ll just say it’s Memorial Day. And ...110 comments 639 Recs
- I was asked to do one of these about weight and balance. The recent crash of a National Air Cargo 747 shortly after takeoff makes this very topical. What probably happened is that their load ...160 comments 152 Recs
- It is rare that a prominent public intellectual uses such blunt language. Here is how Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman summarizes Bush's legacy in a 27-Apr-2013 post on his NYT blog: The Great Degrader ...231 comments 513 Recs
- In an National Review Online post , Kevin D. Williamson responded to Gabby Gifford's New York Times op-ed by churlishly calling her out as an embarrassment. While Ms. Giffords certainly has my ...165 comments 478 Recs
- Dear Christians who oppose “gay marriage” because it isn't "Biblical marriage", There may be a lot of reasons that you're opposing “gay marriage”/marriage equality. But your alleged ...118 comments 336 Recs
- Sometimes you have a conversation with a friend that just leaves you wondering why you were friends with the person in the first place. Today was one of those days.232 comments 270 Recs
- I am one of those faceless, nameless statistics that you hear thrown about when it comes to people without health insurance. More below the fold.134 comments 473 Recs
- About a month ago I posted Part 1 , Part 2 all from a hilarious email from a friend of mine. And then a Kitteh version because teh pooties insisted on equal time. Well, my friend emailed ...189 comments 136 Recs
- There is a powerful, infuriating, moving and heartbreaking story in today's Chicago Tribune . It is the story of one man's quest to see justice done, not just for himself, but for at least one ...96 comments 319 Recs
- I was simultaneously disgusted and amused today to learn that you don't support marriage equality. Let me tell you why. You're in your early 30s. You're white. You were a teenage mom. You came up ...151 comments 589 Recs
- No current results.